What bulbs are fitted to the S3 & upgraded bulb recommendations

@Floriann OK, then this may help you to chose among the bulbs available on the english website version:

Schema_couleur_intensite_ampoules.png

Intensity on Y-axis / Light temp on X-axis (the more on the left, the warmer it is / the more on the right the cooler it is).

https://www.ledperf.co.uk/xenon-bulbs-effect-h8-=c=-139_240.html

The Michiba Diamond White should be a good alternate to MTEC SuperWhite... ;) 

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I am looking for an advice on DRLs. There is a new law in the UK that forbids swapping halogen bulbs for LED lights in the headlights (basically if your car came with halogen bulbs you are not allowed to swap them to LEDs as this would cause MOT fail). 
I am not sure if this only applies to dipped and high beam. Or if it does include DRL as it is part of the headlamp. 
I dislike the yellow-ish colour of the DRLs, but I can not find any suitable halogen alternative to the PW16W that is present from the factory. All “cooler”

colour options with are LED only. 

Thank you for the help. 

• 1 month later...
On 25/05/2021 at 22:32, Bap33 said:

@Floriann OK, then this may help you to chose among the bulbs available on the english website version:

Schema_couleur_intensite_ampoules.png

Intensity on Y-axis / Light temp on X-axis (the more on the left, the warmer it is / the more on the right the cooler it is).

https://www.ledperf.co.uk/xenon-bulbs-effect-h8-=c=-139_240.html

The Michiba Diamond White should be a good alternate to MTEC SuperWhite... ;) 

For those who want see, what the MTEC SuperWhite look is... Here are 2 pics to compare the Front Fog lights upgrade with standard Beams. ;) 

IMG-4790.jpg
IMG-4791.jpg

Sorry, the car is dirty these days...

@Acrab I hope, this answers your request. ;) 

Edited by Bap33

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What type of bulb is in the front indicator on the facelift cars, I can't find out anywhere. Seems very strange they went back to a tungsten bulbs after using the white/orange DRL on the xenon cars. 

On 25/05/2021 at 21:40, RCW89 said:

Forgive me if I have missed it but how easy is it to change the main dipped/high beam bi xenon's for something brighter. I have a 2019 l&k hatchback and I find the stock bi xenon lights too yellowish, when you first turn the car on they are nice white shade then turn yellowiwsh as they get warmer would much prefer a brighter and whiter light.

It's not very easy at all.  Wheels off, arch liners out just for access.  Terrible design in my opinion.

The Osram NBL bulbs are incredible things if you can stomach the cost of them.  What a difference from the stock items.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 25/10/2021 at 10:59, Duggerchopz said:

It's not very easy at all.  Wheels off, arch liners out just for access.  Terrible design in my opinion.

The Osram NBL bulbs are incredible things if you can stomach the cost of them.  What a difference from the stock items.  

Thank you so much, I hate the stock headlights they are not very good tbh and I hate the colour of them aswell. I don't understand how come the kodiaq has LED as standard on SEL upwards and the Octavia facelift SEL has LED headlights yet the superb while not having a facelift still got some updates from 2017 such as the newer infotainment screen then late 2018 a reversing camera became standard and digital dash optional on higher trims so why not LED headlights on l&k for example.

My 2019 l&k has the optional digital has but one thing I hate is the headlights, I want something brighter and whiter.

Btw where do I find the osram night breaker laser bulbs and how much are they?

Edited by RCW89

I agree. The fogs are like French headlights, many a lower spec / older car is going around with LEDs whilst the superb still has oil lights!

In the UK the MOT test does not allowed LED to be used where Halogen was original  (although some MOT testers will pass without an issue as long as beam pattern is ok).

Problem really seems to come from "cheaper" chinese LED bulbs that have no beam pattern. 

In other countries LED bulbs are now starting to be permitted. Osram make a  Nightbreaker LED that has german TUV approval, the Phillips LED bulbs also claim to give the correct beam pattern with reflectors. If you stick to Phillips / Osram and find a suitable MOT tester you should be ok. 

7 hours ago, Jase_31 said:

I agree. The fogs are like French headlights, many a lower spec / older car is going around with LEDs whilst the superb still has oil lights!

In the UK the MOT test does not allowed LED to be used where Halogen was original  (although some MOT testers will pass without an issue as long as beam pattern is ok).

Problem really seems to come from "cheaper" chinese LED bulbs that have no beam pattern. 

In other countries LED bulbs are now starting to be permitted. Osram make a  Nightbreaker LED that has german TUV approval, the Phillips LED bulbs also claim to give the correct beam pattern with reflectors. If you stick to Phillips / Osram and find a suitable MOT tester you should be ok. 

Looool at the French headlights and Oil lights. It is so true, it's the things I hate most about the superb honestly. Just cannot understand why atleast the l&k from 2018 onwards doesn't have LEDs, even the Passat updates to the SE, GT and R line in 2018 gained LEDs and they were not facelifts.

Thank you very much, I will have a look at these bulbs.

8 hours ago, Jase_31 said:

The approvals apply to certain makes/models: https://dammedia.osram.info/media/resource/hires/osram-dam-22090835/LED Night Breaker H7 Vehicle List (EN).pdf

At the moment, the only Skoda's listed are:

image.png.11cb73ae73813c7552b4d92db6a05f03.png 

That's not to say the Superb won't be added in the future, only that it's currently not approved for the LED conversion :)

32 minutes ago, langers2k said:

The approvals apply to certain makes/models: https://dammedia.osram.info/media/resource/hires/osram-dam-22090835/LED Night Breaker H7 Vehicle List (EN).pdf

That's not to say the Superb won't be added in the future, only that it's currently not approved for the LED conversion :)

Yes ive seen those bulbs and that table.  The Tiguan is listed i think so im hoping the kodiaq will be added soon...

3 hours ago, langers2k said:

It's no harm on the FL MK3 Octavia, the standard halogen lights on them are absolutely dreadful, they reminded me of the fiat 128 my father had🤢🤢

Anyone able to help me identify the front indicator bulb type in my 21 FL superb? They seriously need to be replaced with LEDs as they genuinely cannot be seen when the headlights are on. The manual shows how to replace them but doesn't say what type they are, they look like a push-in type bulb. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have a pre-matrix LED MY2020 Superb IV.

From what I can work out, I think I have standard bulbs fitted in the following positions, and what I believe is fitted.

Front indicators - PWY24W

Reverse lights - P21W

Rear indicators - PY21W

To avoid me dismantling the car to find out, can anybody please confirm?

The user manual is most unhelpful.

55 minutes ago, CageyH said:

From what I can work out, I think I have standard bulbs fitted in the following positions, and what I believe is fitted.

Reverse lights - P21W

Rear indicators - PY21W

I'm looking to find out what type of bulb is in the front, the stupid dealer couldn't even tell me. Yes the rear bulbs are what you have listed. 

2 hours ago, CageyH said:

Reverse lights - P21W

Rear indicators - PY21W

I hope you're right I've just ordered these as the standard bulbs are dreadful  2x Canbus PWY24W PW24W 4014 LED Bulb For Audi A3 A4 A5 Q3 VW MK7 Golf CC Ford Fusion Front Turn Signal Lights,F30 3 Series DRL|Signal Lamp| - AliExpress

I'm using these for the rear indicators they're absolutely fantastic 2pcs PY21W LED Canbus BAU15S Error Free LED No Hyper Flash Amber Yellow 7507 1156 LED No Error Bulbs For Turn Signal Lights 12V|Signal Lamp| - AliExpress

I have these AUXITO BA15S P21W 1156 7506 LED Bulbs 4014 SMD LED Bulb Car Brake Lights Reverse Lamp For Toyota Hyundai Kia Lexus Mazda Nissan|Signal Lamp| - AliExpress

in the box but am actually using these they aren't brilliant but much better than the original candles 2x 1200LM Canbus P21W 1156 BA15S LED Bulb Daytime Running Light DRL Lamp Bulbs | eBay

I hope those links help you.

30 minutes ago, CageyH said:

I found the references here - Skoda Bulb Kit

Perfect I didn't doubt you but their dealer network leaves a lot to be desired, it's bad when they can't even tell you a bulb type. Did you check my links? The indicator bulbs are amazing, I'll never be hit in the back while stopped at a junction anyway🙂. The standard bulbs are shocking.

7 hours ago, j caff said:

Perfect I didn't doubt you but their dealer network leaves a lot to be desired, it's bad when they can't even tell you a bulb type. Did you check my links? The indicator bulbs are amazing, I'll never be hit in the back while stopped at a junction anyway🙂. The standard bulbs are shocking.

I will be having a look at the links today. Thanks for posting them.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello guys...
Kinda new here.
Just bought a superb 2018 and am disappointed in the brightness of the reverse lights.
I saw some recommendations on this site, but it's been a while and there is a lot of dead links. Also there has probably been a few new bulbs on the market.
Anyway, I'm looking for recommendations on what and where to buy (preferably in EU)

Would really appreciate your input.

Best regards, MR

@mr93 No OBC anti-error module. Straight plugged in and... No error 😜

Also replaced following bulbs :

- The rear turn signal. I took these: https://www.ledperf.com/ampoule-py21w-magnifier-a-21-leds-sg-haute-puissance-loupe-oranges-culot-bau15s-p-5417.html

- Boot lights by white LED ones

- Door lights (front ones with Skoda Logo, rear ones with plain white W5W T10 LEDS, but not fully satisfied. I'm looking for Red+White door lights w/o logo, but can't find some.)

- Front Antifog lights. Used halogen MTEC Superwhite, which are a little "colder" than OEM light. They look very consistent with front headlights color (Xenon Low Beams)

Apart from lights:

Replaced the original plain L&K rear bumper diffuser, by a Sportline one

Installed :

- Front & Rear rubber mats w. rear rubber tunnel cover

- Rear bumper stainless steel protection

- Door hinge cover

- Chrom door hook cover 

- Front & Rear mud flaps

- Tyre valve caps w. Skoda Logo

Made several VCDS mods too.

;)