EU referendum/Brexit discussion - Part 1

gadgetman

james0james

Posted 20 February 2016 - 13:41

I have a monkey on DC (the spinmaster) to resign as Pm during 2017.

Odds are falling now 5/1 ish

......................................................................................................

BxxxxR   if only he waited till the end of the year  :swear: 
Edited by james0james

Oh dear the markets have fallen....do I feel sorry?...NO..hyped up the past few days anyway, & stupid Carney (BoE) should have put up interest rates end of 2014 & various finical people were shouting at him to do so...still hasn't

Our "Leave" will trigger requests in other EU countries for a ref on their own country..

I bet that's bitter sweet for the remainers. I can't say I will miss him as long as we don't get Osborn in his place.

Boris ftw. Plus Trump in US and the fact we're not in Europe will be the least of our worries. 

As the others above, I'm checking back through my ancestors to see if I have any options....

• Administrators

So now I need to sell my learn german books and buy russian, or just skip the next lot and do Chinese.

It's the twenty-somethings; and younger, I feel bad for, they are going to know hardtimes. ITs what we seem to like doing, like queuing.

Well no point in worrying; don't panic was good, it is what it is, till a well defined legal loophole is found.

Boris to be next pm then... 

Still some things might be gone for good too... cheap flights.

Boris to be next pm then...

Still some things might be gone for good too... cheap flights.

Boris as PM - might as well launch the nukes now and get it over with!

Apply for that passport quick - the passport office has been swamped since May because of the Euros, and it will probably get worse now, with hundreds of NI and UK people living and working here trying to get them too! Is everyone now going to need to apply for work visas etc to stay in their jobs???

Personally...the pound/euro/dollar was going to fall. It's been a few hours and let's face it, NO ONE knows what's going to happen going forwards. The Eastern Europeans will still be here, BMW will still be selling cars here, we will still be selling our exports to Europe. Currency has fallen because there is no plan yet. Things will settle down but it's literally been a few hours!

Cameron resigning..good call as if he had gone and sorted out a deal on all the issues in the first place instead of rolling over we wouldn't be here today.

• Like 2

Has the panic buying started yet? I'm barricading the doors as we speak. I'll stick my head out in about 2-3 years.

Still at least we'll be able to buy English Champagne now!

Oh dear, bugger.

Very quiet up here, definite air of doom.

Not surprised the markets tanked the story will be in how they recover in the next few days/weeks.

Can only see the rest of the EU seeking revenge on us and making an example of us to dissuade anyone else form doing the same.

It's going to get a bit tricky

• Like 1

good for Scotland for wanting to stay in the EU they can send more money to help Greece and Turkey and then all the Turkish migrants and other economic migrants from around the world making their way up thro Europe to Scotland so plenty of labour required to rebuild Hadrians wall,so lets not panic yet weve heard all the b######t from both sides so lets see what happens in the months/years to come and if the rest of Europe  don't want us to make it on our own let it happen quick or get talking about making it work which could have been done in the last 40 yrs as everybody has something to lose and gain,this situation would have been totally different if some countries had not fallen the way they have BUT its not so easy for them to get to America to seek assylem.

good for Scotland for wanting to stay in the EU they can send more money to help Greece and Turkey and then all the Turkish migrants and other economic migrants from around the world making their way up thro Europe to Scotland so plenty of labour required to rebuild Hadrians wall,

All the money from Oil & gas industry as Salmon et all shouted about.......

hang on didn't a couple of OPEC members just open the taps on purpose to flatten some other oil countries....oh dear never mind...any decent analyst did tell you but you chose to ignore...

So prospect of 2nd indi ref up here..FFS!!....so they want independence but be ruled by EU??....go figure...I think more to do with "we hate the English" (just look at the majority of the web campaigns inc the "new45").....but they need someone to blame for all their own mistakes....easy to blame it all on EU..

I have worked with EU regs etc, in my line all were re-written existing B.S. or UIAA regs, but we had to spend £££ to meet the new EU regs...only difference the name...

The whole idea of the EU lot is total "harmonisation".....basically they see your government as a block to their rules, eventually your Gov will be as useful/powerful as a local council under EU total "harmonisation"

Edited by fabdavrav
  • Like 2

First consequence will be an increase in government expenditure - they'll have to raise the PM's salary (Boris was quoted as saying he wouldn't get out of bed for less than £250,000 and that was over 10 years ago). And no doubt the "Acolites" (Did I say "Shark pool" ?) will want a similar uplift to maintain "Differentials" - it could be the 60's all over again - here are the new rules, worse than the old rules.

That was very well set up though - the interference wasn't current or anything to do with pencils, just studied neglect of the regions over the last 30 years. And the regions gave it back to HMG in spades.

I bet there's a fair number of them now saying "What have I done ? I just wanted to register and ineffective protest vote, as usual, and look what's happened".

Boom time for Civil Servants and lawyers. Will HMG   pull on all those government contracts let to  EU suppliers ? Navy greatcoats from HK now ?

Nick

Edited by Clunkclick

I voted 'leave' because the EU is a serious threat to the UK prosperity, safety, and continued existence.

I have an education, and am far from uneducated.

This was a NATIONAL referendum, and the outcome was not to you liking, well that what democracy is about so SUCK IT UP AND GET ON WITH IT.  <<< very mature and grown up of you.

You're in a minority so acquiesce the decision to leave.

For your information, I want to bed last night and promised myself that if the decision swung to the remain campaign, I would have to go along with it, but with a feeling of disappointment.

To come to decide on voting out, I looked at the benefits of remaining against the benefits of leaving.  I visited a significant number of national and international websites, watched the financial markets closely the run up to the referendum, looked carefully at EU and international trade and import statistics and compared them to published budgets and future forecasts.   On balance, I felt we have a far greater future in trading with the EU outside the tariff & quota system as well as trading freely with 2Billion potential customers throughout the world, including growing markets.

In addition, I'm not moon faced, do not have any tattoos, and don't shout my opinion at other people......................I also don't own a tracksuit, so your incorrect there.   :p

but you just did.

• Like 2

but you just did.

Incorrect Lee.

The capitals are there merely to highlight specific accents on key words or phrases.

Thank you for pointing this out, maybe it would have been better to use 'speech marks' instead.

I also would like to know why you have not pointed out the word 'NATIONAL:' in your contextual response.

Edited by Macdemon

Can't imagine there won't be another indy referendum now.

Question will be whether it will be carried out before or after the UK leaves the EU.

There's going to be huge on costs initially consequent on some loss/transfer of business and all the admin that has to be done, without any corresponding increase in economic output. Somebody's going to have to pay. Somebody's going to get poorer - now lets guess, it won't be Dave's lot, it certainly won't be the aspirant establishment (Brexiteers), ah yes, as usual, the rest of us with no real vested interest will get shafted.

Nick

• Like 1

I also would like to know why you have not pointed out the word 'NATIONAL:' in your contextual response.

Yes, it was a National vote. Unfortunately the Nationalist right wing Daily Mail/ Express readers won after feeding on the lies.

• Like 1