vRS245 ordered club

Thinking I am very lucky.......ordered a VRS 245 on 2nd December - 2 days before the announcement on ceasing production indefinitely on that model.  Went for Velvet Red.

I have anxiously been checking my emails half expecting a message to tell me "Sorry, you missed the boat and all that.....". Thankfully I have just had a confirmation back from the dealer that the order has been accepted by Skoda UK.  From that email, I am assuming that is about as good as it gets at this point?  I just want a build week now!

I know I am looking at 5-6 months to delivery, but surely things can only get better on build times?

Fingers crossed.....

• Like 1

11 hours ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Yeah I had to take it a little easier in the inclement conditions but, its kinda ok

20171211_045941.jpg

That at still looks like good going to me! I might need some lessons!

11 hours ago, stepdavi said:

I commuted last night and home this morning in 245 dsg into northwales. It was fine just took it easy. Left car in d in normal drive and left it to itself. 

Thanks @stepdavi

9 hours ago, matt9407 said:

Just took mine on my commute - was absolutely fine!

20171211_072935.jpg

Cheers @matt9407

I had been wondering given the power and 19s -  it’s good to know it still good for the dusting we get.  :)

2 hours ago, ScottyNS said:

That at still looks like good going to me! I might need some lessons!

Naw, all 8 sets of lights were green & the level crossing was clear, some mornings are just like that.

Edited by themanwithnoaim
  • Like 1

Hello All

Im new to Briskoda.

I'll be joining the Octavia RS245 club very soon..... :) 

I test drove and agreed to purchase a new vRS230 and then discovered the dealer had a new vRS245 DSG in the same configuration in their workshop. So I changed the contract to purchase the 245 hatch.

Steel Grey

Tech and Luxury pack

Sunroof

Leather/Alcantara interior with the red stitch

Now waiting for the lease finance to settle and hopefully collect the car late next week

Cheers

Matt

• Like 1

Tried skoda chat again yesterday - still no word on build week for me.

If agent let me cancel my order with a full refund of fee's, at this stage i probably would rather than risk getting to April and having no car - which i think given how poor skoda have been over this could be a real possibility.

2 hours ago, Ursicles said:

If agent let me cancel my order with a full refund of fee's, at this stage i probably would rather than risk getting to April and having no car - which i think given how poor skoda have been over this could be a real possibility.

This is the exact reason I jumped to a different car from my 245 order after the build estimate went into mid next year. As far as I'm aware, as long as you stick with the same leasing company you can move the order to a totally different car. If you cancel and change broker then you forfeit their fee.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Ursicles said:

A case of glass half empty or glass half full!

I'm in the same situation... no build week nine weeks after ordering early in October. I've just taken a long, deep breath... and agreed with the dealership to take a newish loan car (for free) from mid-january until my car is delivered (gets me a new set of wheels early in the new year), plus I'm told I will get £500 compensation by Skoda CS, if no firm BW this side of Christmas. 

5 minutes ago, Richard_vrs245 said:

A case of glass half empty or glass half full!

I'm in the same situation... no build week nine weeks after ordering early in October. I've just taken a long, deep breath... and agreed with the dealership to take a newish loan car (for free) from mid-january until my car is delivered (gets me a new set of wheels early in the new year), plus I'm told I will get £500 compensation by Skoda CS, if no firm BW this side of Christmas. 

My ears have suddenly pricked up!

I ordered in September and still no build week. Really annoying to say the least - just want to know where I stand!

Is yours a lease or purchase? Which dealer?

All I can say is hang on if you can. I got my local dealership to match Simpson's which was the best lease deal at time and luckily they got hold of car (8 miles, canton and spare). I've had over 20 cars in 20 years and it's by far best all round pound for pound fun family car I've had. I know there's faster and better handling etc. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, AlexRhys said:

Hi all. In the same boat as a lot of you, hopefully recieving mine in March. Though not confirmed yet.

Does anyone know what turbo these run? Is it the same as the 230? Or is it the same as the Mk7 Golf clubsport.

Thanks!

Think the golfs rs and s3s have a different unit to the octy. 

58 minutes ago, Janno1 said:

Think the golfs rs and s3s have a different unit to the octy. 

Yes they do, they run an IHI IS38 turbo, which is actually a nice bolt on upgrade for the VRS/GTI.

I've been looking but have been unable to find any confirmation as yet of what turbo the VRS245 uses, pretty sure it wont be the same as the Clubsport, it will be the same as the 245 PS GTI Performance Pack.

18 minutes ago, Muzza80 said:

Yes they do, they run an IHI IS38 turbo, which is actually a nice bolt on upgrade for the VRS/GTI.

I've been looking but have been unable to find any confirmation as yet of what turbo the VRS245 uses, pretty sure it wont be the same as the Clubsport, it will be the same as the 245 PS GTI Performance Pack.

Same as the standard 230

On advice from my dealer I've just logged a complaint with Skoda UK

My 245 DSG was ordered along with £4500's worth of extras on the 11th September, as of today it;s showing an unconfirmed build date of the 9th of April 2018 with a further 4 weeks after that for delivery bringing it to a total of over 8 months from order to delivery, I was initially advised 12-16 weeks.

My order was a simple cash purchase and the extras paid my me cash too, I could basically have chosen any car up to the value of £30k but opted for the 245 due to loving my current 2011 VRS TDI, based on a 12-16 week delivery time I used all the cash I had available to me at that time in savings and I settled the £7k finance that was outstanding on my current car, now potentially faced with a 5 month extra wait I'm unable to sell the current car on and free up that money for some time now.

I'll see what they come back with, at the very least I'd expect some further discount on my options (over the dealer agreed discount), if they are unwilling to do something then I'll be cancelling my order and buying a nearly new  MK7.5 Golf R Estate from VW.

Simply put, they shouldn't be selling cars they cant deliver within a reasonable timeframe, 8 months is simply not reasonable when you've been told 3-4 months.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Muzza80 said:

On advice from my dealer I've just logged a complaint with Skoda UK

My 245 DSG was ordered along with £4500's worth of extras on the 11th September, as of today it;s showing an unconfirmed build date of the 9th of April 2018 with a further 4 weeks after that for delivery bringing it to a total of over 8 months from order to delivery, I was initially advised 12-16 weeks.

My order was a simple cash purchase and the extras paid my me cash too, I could basically have chosen any car up to the value of £30k but opted for the 245 due to loving my current 2011 VRS TDI, based on a 12-16 week delivery time I used all the cash I had available to me at that time in savings and I settled the £7k finance that was outstanding on my current car, now potentially faced with a 5 month extra wait I'm unable to sell the current car on and free up that money for some time now.

I'll see what they come back with, at the very least I'd expect some further discount on my options (over the dealer agreed discount), if they are unwilling to do something then I'll be cancelling my order and buying a nearly new  MK7.5 Golf R Estate from VW.

Simply put, they shouldn't be selling cars they cant deliver within a reasonable timeframe, 8 months is simply not reasonable when you've been told 3-4 months.

I made a complaint basically similar to yours, regarding time quoted and now current wait times.
They're coming back to me today apparently. Will update later on.

I've made a decision on mine & I am going to cancel my order for a new one & go with the Ex demo car I looked at last week. For the same price & only a £80 increase on the monthly payments, plus not having to wait another 4 months its a no brainer.

At least now somebody else's car might move up the build queue :biggrin:

51 minutes ago, OliR said:

I've made a decision on mine & I am going to cancel my order for a new one & go with the Ex demo car I looked at last week. For the same price & only a £80 increase on the monthly payments, plus not having to wait another 4 months its a no brainer.

At least now somebody else's car might move up the build queue :biggrin:

Congrats for finding a car you liked. £80 extra a month for an old car is a bit steep for my liking but as long as your happy that's all that matters. When do you pick her up?

33 minutes ago, Famous_Afro_Jay said:

Congrats for finding a car you liked. £80 extra a month for an old car is a bit steep for my liking but as long as your happy that's all that matters. When do you pick her up?

well wouldn't go as for to say 3 months is old :D but no I am very pleased considering this has 7k worth of options fitted it's worth the extra money.

Hopefully sort all the paperwork on & sign on the dotted line this weekend & then depend how quickly they can prep it, fingers crossed it will be before Christmas.

17 minutes ago, OliR said:

well wouldn't go as for to say 3 months is old :D but no I am very pleased considering this has 7k worth of options fitted it's worth the extra money.

Hopefully sort all the paperwork on & sign on the dotted line this weekend & then depend how quickly they can prep it, fingers crossed it will be before Christmas.

Worth the £80 for the options in my opinion. Used cars (especially nearly new ones) should only take a day to prep, you should have it well before the big day.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Famous_Afro_Jay said:

Worth the £80 for the options in my opinion. Used cars (especially nearly new ones) should only take a day to prep, you should have it well before the big day.

Yes agree, got DCC, Columbus stereo & Canton sound system which are the main things I like the most.

Yeah it shouldn't take them long :)