vRS245 ordered club

42 minutes ago, KevC_Derby said:

It’s still 1970 in Rhyl isn’t it?

Oh ffs. We were in Llandudno. But nowhere to accommodate 5 people a week before Easter wknd.

Interesting if it's a little more than 245.

18 minutes ago, Janno1 said:

Do we know of any shift paddle replacements for the octy or are they just extensions? Found lots for the mk7 R but nothing else.

Just extensions. Cant replace them as they are just buttons really

22 minutes ago, matt9407 said:

Just extensions. Cant replace them as they are just buttons really

Wasn't sure what the octys are like. The golf rs have a pin which you can slide out and replace with others. 

Bit of an update and the 245vrs is a joy! practically it’s awesome  which I expected 

acc, dsg and lane assist work very well!

Perfomance wise it handles pretty well for a decent sized estate it coners well but steering feels really light or in sport mode really heavy bit of a shame 

power is acceptable it’s not amazing but you won’t be disappointed.

launch control is a laugh mainly to show your mates 

It is a looker it looks devilish from the front.

its not a car for all out performance it’s lacking in that department but it’s great for doing the shopping and having a hoon on the way home.

for me that’s what I wanted and it’s an awesome car 

• Like 1

Car built early and on the way to the port :biggrin:

Week 18 became week 13 only this week but they ended up building it a week early. Hopefully have it this day 3 weeks depending on shipping schedules.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, pkoconnor said:

Its actually a VRS 265 you are picking up not a 245....  Nothing to do with it being a Czech Auto published article... :biggrin:

For the people picking up their new cars. Worth a read but you need google chrome to read and translate...  

https://autobible.euro.cz/zmerili-vykon-nove-skody-octavia-rs-245-15-koni-neposilila/

https://autobible.euro.cz/srovnavaci-test-skoda-octavia-rs-245-vs-vw-golf-gti-performance-vs-seat-leon-cupra/

Vrs265.PNG

There is no way that car is standard as quoted figures from Skoda give 241.6bhp between 5000-6700rpm and 273lb/ft or 370NM of torque at 1600rpm. When my 245 went on the rollers running on Shell V-Power it produced 248.6bhp at 5029rpm and 294lb/ft or 395NM of torque. Even after the re-map it produced 302bhp at 5457rpm and 345lb/ft or 467NM of torque at 2788rpm which are significantly lower revs than the figuers shown on this graph.

On ‎23‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 12:24, Gobsheene said:

Its cheaper than they normally offer, but chech out GAP from 3rd party places... its substantially cheaper.

Have you raised your unhappiness with Skoda CS? They will also give you some compensation, but will not reveal what that is till the car arrives.

I think Richard earlier in the thread got £500 to spend in store, and the dealership gave him the use of a new Yeti till his 245 arrived.

With regard to my unhappiness with Skoda CS, my current car is not a skoda and this will be my first lease.  Not sure they would do much?   Even if by the time mine arrives it could be over 8 months

On 23/03/2018 at 19:55, pkoconnor said:

Its actually a VRS 265 you are picking up not a 245....  Nothing to do with it being a Czech Auto published article... :biggrin:

For the people picking up their new cars. Worth a read but you need google chrome to read and translate...  

https://autobible.euro.cz/zmerili-vykon-nove-skody-octavia-rs-245-15-koni-neposilila/

https://aut MNobible.euro.cz/srovnavaci-test-skoda-octavia-rs-245-vs-vw-golf-gti-performance-vs-seat-leon-cupra/

Vrs265.PNG

So all the cars tested in the first article read high on that dyno? 

Edited by juan27

2 hours ago, juan27 said:

So all the cars tested in the first article read high on that dyno? 

There was some interesting figures on that 245/GTi/Cupra 300 comparison test though. Octavia Hatch with manual gearbox weighs 1370kg (not surprising since it's the longest most practical choice), Gti 5door manual with Performance Pack Golf weighs 1312kg and most powerful car the Leon Cupra 300 5door manual weighs 1320kg. For comparison Leon ST estate with DSG and 4WD weighs 1545kg. Also 245 and GTi both have identical gearing achieving 39mph in 1st gear, 71mph in 2nd gear, 100mph in 3rd gear and 136mph in 4th gear. However the Leon could only manage 39mph in 1st gear, 63mph in 2nd gear, 87mph in 3rd gear and 119mph in 4th gear, which given it's power advantage helped it accelerate to 100kph in 5.8seconds, Gti in 6.2seconds and heaviest 245 in 6.6seconds which are very similar to UK road test figures published. This shows the importance of weight, power and gearing when comparing similar cars on price alone.

On 23/03/2018 at 07:04, garpat32 said:

@El9Nino are you Gateshead/Newcastle based? If so it sounds like the same old Passat.

My case manager is also away, Donna is it?

Enterprise are supposed to be swapping the hire car yet again today, the courtesy call from them yesterday never happened so we'll see.

I can only hope they offer better vehicles to private customers, as so far they have been terrible.

Yep same case manager. She’s on the ball. Enterprise never made contact with me when they were suppose to. Called her up and a few minutes later she called back to say she’s spoken to someone and 10 mins later I got the call.

beast thing is the garage keep saying they can’t get through to my number yet Skoda UK can and so can enterprise when hey bother.  Had a 3 way call on Thursday with dealer and Skoda uk. They were under the impression I still didn’t have a mobex. They kept mentioning another rental company. Very short call when they found out enterprise dropped one off.

Like ken some members, I was hoping for an 18 plate, but at this rate it might slip to 58 LOL. No estimate build week still.

work is stressful enough, glad Skoda stepped in with a mobex at least to reduce the headache of being without a car

31 minutes ago, garpat32 said:

Now on my 4th mobex car from enterprise. This one is a 17 plate Kia Optima estate. Lol.

That sounds exciting. Just wondered if any 245 owners are going to BTCC test at Donington Park Tuesday 27th March, entry is free to public between 12:30 and 17:00. Testing on track action starts at 13:00?

3 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

That sounds exciting. Just wondered if any 245 owners are going to BTCC test at Donington Park Tuesday 27th March, entry is free to public between 12:30 and 17:00. Testing on track action starts at 13:00?

Last 4 journeys to/from work. 45.4MPG, 44.6MPG, 30.4MPG and 42.4MPG. Guess which one I enjoyed the most!

• Like 1

On 24/03/2018 at 21:33, martysparty99 said:

With regard to my unhappiness with Skoda CS, my current car is not a skoda and this will be my first lease.  Not sure they would do much?   Even if by the time mine arrives it could be over 8 months

My current car is privately owned and id not intended on trading it in... but i might. It is a skoda but I didnt buy it from them. 

Try your luck!

On 24/03/2018 at 21:33, martysparty99 said:

If it helps, I was in a Toyota that I was planning to part-ex. I ordered early October, and when I didn't have a confirmed build week at end of December, I raised a complaint with Skoda CS (who immediately offered £500) and separately with the dealer, who offered to lend me a car from the end of January until my car arrives. I had a brand new Yeti, for 6 weeks until the engine light came on - they immediately swapped for a brand new Karoq, which I'm keeping until delivery of my own car. As I've said before, the overall Skoda experience hasn't been great, but the dealership has been fantastic - I'll have had three new cars in the first six months of 2018! Also, as I've said before, the standard CS team seemd pretty limited in what they can do. The dealership advised I get my case escalated to the UK MD's CS team who have a bit more clout. I did this, and have to say they are a lot more proactive, and give a much better picture of what's actually going on. I'm currently expecting my car to be built in Bw18, but to be honest they can take their time so long as I'm in a free car, taxed and insured by them. 

• Like 1

Picking up my 245 this afternoon hopefully - any advice on things to get the dealer to show me / go through.

First time picking up a new car from dealership any advice would be good, thanks in advance -

4 hours ago, Richard_vrs245 said:

If it helps, I was in a Toyota that I was planning to part-ex. I ordered early October, and when I didn't have a confirmed build week at end of December, I raised a complaint with Skoda CS (who immediately offered £500) and separately with the dealer, who offered to lend me a car from the end of January until my car arrives. I had a brand new Yeti, for 6 weeks until the engine light came on - they immediately swapped for a brand new Karoq, which I'm keeping until delivery of my own car. As I've said before, the overall Skoda experience hasn't been great, but the dealership has been fantastic - I'll have had three new cars in the first six months of 2018! Also, as I've said before, the standard CS team seemd pretty limited in what they can do. The dealership advised I get my case escalated to the UK MD's CS team who have a bit more clout. I did this, and have to say they are a lot more proactive, and give a much better picture of what's actually going on. I'm currently expecting my car to be built in Bw18, but to be honest they can take their time so long as I'm in a free car, taxed and insured by them. 

Thanks for that, I contacted CS through the live chat.  bloke said my order is within average lead times!

Then asked can I raise a complaint to the MD, he said "Your order has an average lead time of 26- 27 weeks, so I would therefore recommend waiting until the lead time has passed at end of April. We will then be happy to raise a case for you to have a Case Manager investigate this further for you once we are at that point."

Anything else I can try?  Emails/phone etc?  Anyone got any numbers I can call?

57 minutes ago, ClarkyStu said:

Picking up my 245 this afternoon hopefully - any advice on things to get the dealer to show me / go through.

First time picking up a new car from dealership any advice would be good, thanks in advance -

Just make sure you check over the paintwork properly, mine had two scuffs in the lacquer at waist height that I didn't notice as I was checking for dents/scratches lower down.  I think they did it leaning against the car pulling the plastic stuff off.  Make sure that all your options are present and correct, I had three keys with mine for some reason.

On a side note, the bloody piano black stuff on the doors and inside around the gear stick is a pain, scratches up so easily.  Has anyone sealed/wax'd them or otherwise done something to stop it scratching so easily?

53 minutes ago, martysparty99 said:

Thanks for that, I contacted CS through the live chat.  bloke said my order is within average lead times!

Then asked can I raise a complaint to the MD, he said "Your order has an average lead time of 26- 27 weeks, so I would therefore recommend waiting until the lead time has passed at end of April. We will then be happy to raise a case for you to have a Case Manager investigate this further for you once we are at that point."

Anything else I can try?  Emails/phone etc?  Anyone got any numbers I can call?

I was told to write to this address:

Rod McLeod

Skoda Brand Director 

Volkswagen Group Office

Yeomans Drive

Blakelands 

Milton Keynes 

MK14 5AN

It's his CS team that you want working on it. In the end, I didn't need to write, as the dealership manager got it escalated for me. 

Good luck.