Sasha’s Octavia vRS

On 08/10/2018 at 12:04, shyVRS245 said:

Own 3 sets of alloys for my car.The aftermarket 7.5J 18"rims with P Zero 225/40R18 weigh 21.9KG so not much of a weight saving. This must make me sound really anal/sad, choose your own option.:cool:

I recently swapped from Xtremes to Racingline R360s and there was a significant weight difference - we can be wheel nerds together!

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/449908-jays-octavia-vrs-estate/?do=findComment&comment=5110308

Data:

19" Xtreme 19x8 with Pirelli PZero 225/35/19 = 21.6kg

19" R360 19x8.5 with Goodyear Eagle F1 235/35/19 = 20.4kg

Edited by jaygemson
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

15 sold in 24 hours and now £9.59!

Luckily another seller has them for £7.24 and given the listings are nearly identical, I reckon it’s the same person with different user ID’s!

• Like 1

Lol, all to Octavia owners presumably :rofl: You can get them from a Chinese listing for £6 but you’ll have to wait. Honestly they do the job great for the money. They won’t be as good as the SuperSkoda or Febi Bilstein struts used by other members but they are only holding a bonnet (a very heavy one admittedly) which will only be opened occasionally unlike a bootlid which is opened far more often.

Doubly stupid having the prop given it's location right next to the screenwash fill location.

Got the SuperSkoda set in a box here still to fit, as I was waiting for the spline tool to turn up, at least didn't pay full price as I picked them up when they had 20% off code recently. 

• Like 1

I know, it’s the only thing that ever needs topping up under the bonnet on this car and the prop was right in the way! I took great pleasure in removing the prop yesterday haha. I have kept it, just in case and all that.

Edited by SashaGrace

4 minutes ago, SashaGrace said:

I know, it’s the only thing that ever needs topping up under the bonnet on this car and the prop was right in the way! I took great pleasure in removing the prop yesterday haha. I have kept it, just in case and all that.

I left the prop fitted but just never use it.

Permanently fitted belt & braces B)

• Like 1

Haha, one day. When the insurance runs out after Christmas I’ll get it sorted. Cba paying admin fees on this policy when it’s not got long to go. Will have to pay admin on the Merc policy to get that plate off as I want to use that one, not the one I had on the Volvo. It’ll be a slightly sad day when the original plate comes off. I don’t usually keep them on this long, it’s usually one of the first things I do so it seems strange to do it now, but I probably still will.

16 minutes ago, SashaGrace said:

Haha, one day. When the insurance runs out after Christmas I’ll get it sorted. Cba paying admin fees on this policy when it’s not got long to go. Will have to pay admin on the Merc policy to get that plate off as I want to use that one, not the one I had on the Volvo. It’ll be a slightly sad day when the original plate comes off. I don’t usually keep them on this long, it’s usually one of the first things I do so it seems strange to do it now, but I probably still will.

Did you manage to sell the AMG Merc?:blush:

• Like 1

13 hours ago, SashaGrace said:

Showing up out of stock now where I got them from haha, I didn’t grease them or anything, just bolted them straight in. The ball joints come ready made up so I left them as was :)

They were at £9.59 with that seller when I looked, then I copied the listing title into the search box and a new identical listing came up from the same seller for £7.28 a pair with free delivery so I ordered a pair, in fact as I am writing this I decided that I am going to order another pair to use to support my cellar trap doors!

Editted.

HA-ha! They are up to £9.59 again and no new listing yet at £7.28, will keep trying, one thing to note is that this sellers overseas delivery charge is very reasonable at £3.99, others want £25!

Edited by J.R.
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

So selling the bits as spares.

No it’s not a massive fault, just one I haven’t had the time to look at. It’ll be repaired and used a little in the new year, then sold in the summer I hope. I’ll get to the bottom of it one day when I’m not swamped with a million things to do :)

• Thanks 1