Sasha’s Octavia vRS

On 13/01/2018 at 21:15, SashaGrace said:

Well I do like this! Had a play on the OBDEleven today and we have...

igjnew.jpg

Traffic Sign Recognition and Auto High Beam Assist! The auto high beam thingy took a couple of attempts to code properly but it’s all working now. Also done dimming DRL’s when indicating, fan speed in Auto climate and refuel quantity in Maxi-Dot as I bought the PRO package to save money on credits (just what I’ve done today in adaptations would be more in credits than using the PRO and seeing myself exactly what coding changes are being done). I now know there is no comms to the park assist module so I’m hoping the plug has fallen out rather than the module being duff but I’d like to get them working again as they are handy! Otherwise there’s a few more things I’d like to do. Best thing is though my Brother arrived and he’s just upgraded his phone; he offered me his old android phone for free if I wash his car and see what the fault code that’s coming up is, so I have a phone just for OBDEleven now. Brill :D

Hi there.
Can I ask you, what guides did you use to enable these please ?

If so, then for Auto High Beam Assist, which method di you use ? " Enabling high beam assist to stay enabled permanently " or " Enabling high beam assist ".
Also, when using OBDeleven, do you use the same steps or does it look differently ? Thanks

• Like 1

HBA looks the same on OBDEleven, that's the guide I used and I don't have it set to permanent, so follow the Enabling high beam assist link. I need to post a vid of how it works on the new cluster because it looks awesome, you get the white A logo, then when it's on the whole logo turns blue and if you take manual control the little A goes out of the middle. It's just so seamless!

1 hour ago, SashaGrace said:

HBA looks the same on OBDEleven, that's the guide I used and I don't have it set to permanent, so follow the Enabling high beam assist link. I need to post a vid of how it works on the new cluster because it looks awesome, you get the white A logo, then when it's on the whole logo turns blue and if you take manual control the little A goes out of the middle. It's just so seamless!

Can you please just quickly clarify, what is the difference between permanent and non-permanent version ? Like ... is can anyone decide which one to take or does it depend on something, for example hardware ?
Then... with  non-permanent, how do you switch it on and off ? Or how does it basically work ? Thanks

• Like 1

All the link to enable it to stay on permanent does is every time you start the car, HBA is always active. Usually you have to push back on the stalk to activate it manually every time. You still need to follow the instructions from the HBA activation post first as the enable permanently link requires you to have coded HBA first.

55 minutes ago, SashaGrace said:

All the link to enable it to stay on permanent does is every time you start the car, HBA is always active. Usually you have to push back on the stalk to activate it manually every time. You still need to follow the instructions from the HBA activation post first as the enable permanently link requires you to have coded HBA first.

Aha. Its all clear now. thanks !

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, SashaGrace said:

I don’t want to jinx it, but I think I’ve fixed the fuel gauge issue! Range seems a bit out, but it’s starting to come back to normal (I hope!) 

847CBF6A-F431-4B33-B489-0874CB7794CB.thumb.jpeg.8fc652b44c53f1f6c9a4627398f77a0e.jpeg

A23FF530-4318-4752-96A7-E02C1D971870.thumb.jpeg.e8a99fbc970c805ee0494af33a2409c6.jpeg

Ive been out in it and done 8 miles and it’s dropped from 2750 to 2120 so I hope it keeps dropping until it’s normal. At least there is no warning, for now!

How did you sort it?? Maybe no need for the MIB 2.5 stereo?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, SashaGrace said:

I don’t want to jinx it, but I think I’ve fixed the fuel gauge issue! Range seems a bit out, but it’s starting to come back to normal (I hope!) 

847CBF6A-F431-4B33-B489-0874CB7794CB.thumb.jpeg.8fc652b44c53f1f6c9a4627398f77a0e.jpeg

A23FF530-4318-4752-96A7-E02C1D971870.thumb.jpeg.e8a99fbc970c805ee0494af33a2409c6.jpeg

Ive been out in it and done 8 miles and it’s dropped from 2750 to 2120 so I hope it keeps dropping until it’s normal. At least there is no warning, for now!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Maverick567 said:

By looking at the coding from a member with aid from factory and telling the car what fuel tank variant it has. The fuel tank sender 2 fault has gone and I have a full tank displayed (which is accurate) but I can’t trust it until it starts to go down which it won’t yet, done 40 miles in the car since having the cluster fitted. The radio is coming to complete the functionality and add map mode. It’s being sorted now I believe.

31 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

See you fitted a much bigger fuel tank with the VC did you source it from a Scania?:giggle:

Well, I’m not sure how it’s going to go right now, kind of wish I’d have had this epiphany yesterday, then I could see if it reads accurately or if it’s just shot up to full. The tank is full for real so I guess I have to wait and see how it goes! I have no idea if the range calc will become accurate with use or not, nor do I know if it will read correctly if the car is filled with diesel again. It normally reads 475 miles to empty when the tank is full. But to drop 600 miles range in 8 miles gives me hope that it’s going to work ok.

34 minutes ago, Maverick567 said:

Hopefully it all works as planned!! How much is it going to cost to get to MIB 2.5? 

A lot! About £900 with the LTE antennae. Then the screen is £400 or so, so a lot lot :D Hopefully I can claw some of that back with old parts.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SashaGrace said:

I can confirm the fuel gauge has dropped a bar so it seems to be working now as it should! That’s a relief :biggrin:

So you must be down to about 1,750miles left in the tank. Playing fuel range roulette at the moment. 392 miles driven and 35 miles left according to the computer and 24 miles to my local Shell garage so should just make it.:sweat:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SashaGrace said:

Actually you are spot on! It’s dropped 1000 miles range in 23 miles of driving. The real question is will it rocket back to 2750 miles when I next fill the tank?? 

And people wonder why I'm in 2nd place on the leaderboard behind the great wise owl from Bonnie Scotland.:clap:

• Like 1

On 24/04/2018 at 14:33, SashaGrace said:

Haha, probably! I thought £200 was expensive enough lol. The same breaker has a set of powerfolding mirrors from the same car going a little under the price they usually do but I am resisting those for now. I do want to do that upgrade as I miss it from my old Volvo and current Mercedes. Need to slow down on the spending dammit! Sometimes I wonder if I should have bought the white Elegance which was my second choice instead of this car as it already had Columbus, power mirrors and other nice stuff, also had KESSY and power bootlid which I’d have liked and it was £2500 less expensive. I really wanted the DSG though and that made it worth it IMO. I don’t think the fact it’s a vRS really bothers me, I just wanted an auto haha. I have really fallen for this car though, so easy to mod and so many to do! Will help keep me occupied if nothing else :D 

Could you tell me the breaker you use please

• Like 1

Initially I thought the FL Columbus had gone too far removing the physical knobs, but after having a car with the FL Amundsen for a while now I feel the volume knob exists purely to annoy me when it's not pointing in the correct orientation. 

• Haha 3