Sasha’s Octavia vRS

• 4 weeks later...

You can't have anything else to improve/change on your car. Got the 9.2" screen with the Columbus on my 19 plate Superb but staying standard until remap in February. Got one more gear than you now and thankfully no VC because being a Dinosaur I prefer the classic analogue dials even if they only go upto 160mph in the Superb.:D

Edited by shyVRS245
WRONG WORD
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, SashaGrace said:

There are always more things. Power boot is on the list. Got the struts now so just working at the rest.

Yeah this is first car I've had the electric boot on and very useful. Wife was coming out of Asda with shopping bags and just press the button near the gearlever and hey presto.:thumbup:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SashaGrace said:

Today the wireless CarPlay dongle arrived and I’ve been testing it. I’m super happy with it and the vendor. They said they weren’t sure if it would work with a Skoda but I was very confident it would. They named the device Skoda which is awesome and it has worked flawlessly out of the box with minimal setup. I’ve hidden it behind the dash and put my custom USB charge socket back in the factory location so I have CarPlay with no wires. I don’t need no MIB3 😂

Hi SashaGrace.

who was the vendor you were super happy with?

• Like 1

Nifty bit of kit. Looks like it's available for around the same (non discounted) price on Amazon.

Do you know how easy it would be to choose which phone to use if two people got in the car (or were within BT range) that had previously connected? From your video it looks like the car sees one CarPlay device (the Carlinkit) and then perhaps the green bar that comes up during Bluetooth connection would let you choose between the two phones on the Carlinkit.

Look forward to seeing the power boot retrofit, yours has to be up there with the highest spec Octy's on here now surely?

• Like 1

Yes, if you have 2 phones you click between the 2 on the right side that come in green. I only have the one phone hooked up to it so it’s instant now. Power boot is coming, just got to source some last few bits. I have a way to go before the spec gets among the highest, I feel after this I need to stop. Once this is done I think that’ll be almost everything I’d want on the car.

• Like 1

On 30/12/2019 at 14:59, shyVRS245 said:

Wife was coming out of Asda with shopping bags and just press the button near the gearlever and hey presto

Presume your level of effort exerted there was just pressing the button and then leaving your other half to load the boot...? (That's what I would have done :D )

Amazing effort on the car, Sasha - love reading this thread to add to my list of my 'When I Get Time' ideas 🧐

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ads230 said:

Presume your level of effort exerted there was just pressing the button and then leaving your other half to load the boot...? (That's what I would have done :D )

Amazing effort on the car, Sasha - love reading this thread to add to my list of my 'When I Get Time' ideas 🧐

Confirmed no energy wasted at the point of loading as I always get the unloading job when we get home. Ying and Yang.:nod:

• Like 2

On 30/12/2019 at 14:21, SashaGrace said:

Today the wireless CarPlay dongle arrived and I’ve been testing it. I’m super happy with it and the vendor. They said they weren’t sure if it would work with a Skoda but I was very confident it would. They named the device Skoda which is awesome and it has worked flawlessly out of the box with minimal setup. I’ve hidden it behind the dash and put my custom USB charge socket back in the factory location so I have CarPlay with no wires. I don’t need no MIB3 😂

Please could I ask how you've managed the wireless charging?

• Like 1

Which one do you want to fit? If going OEM you will need a charge pad and storage box to match, a MIB2 radio is a requirement if you want the charging phone in storage tray message to show, there is one coding change to make in 5F and you’ll need to saw a hole in the centre console under the pad for it to fit. You’ll need to make a wiring loom for power/ground and can hi/lo. If you are using an inbay one then that’s just drop in (if you don’t have the phonebox option) and power/ground.

Another day, another mod and got another exciting one coming either today or tomorrow.

As many of you know, I have a Superb FL Climate panel among other retrofitted items but my trim is an Air Care branded one and I’ve never had Air Care. Until now!!

Thanks to the genius team at MQBCoding for the Instructions for DIYers! 

Required setup: 
-> new hypoallergenic 
cabin air filter ( coated yellow!) -> MIB2 (Std2 + High2) infotainment system with MJ17 firmware 
(High: VW from 0687, SEAT from 0674, Skoda from 0702)
-> Automatic climate control with a software 
version of min SW1401 (there is only ONE version for all derivatives (except A3 / TT). 
-> Gateway min. On index AJ SW1244 / 2244. 

If all requirements are met, you have to code in the climate control unit STG08: 
-> Activate byte 15, bit 5 -> 
(alternatively via VCP TXT Coding -> Activate filtering, recirculating air!) 

Then, if the AirCare is not displayed in the air conditioning control panel under SETUP - simply do a short bus rest!

04169F7C-6945-4454-BC3C-571311462FB0.thumb.jpeg.2c6ef5204cf25704c1cddc0622c343eb.jpeg

2D08685A-BD99-4CC9-87A6-691219779378.thumb.jpeg.beb5d2c32b586b243e15d35923a08028.jpeg

• Like 3

And the more exciting tweak thanks to the super duper geniuses at MQB Coding are these new clock faces, made possible by the MIB Toolbox for MIB2 and 2.5 Columbus radios tested and working here on 1163 firmware. This toolkit can do so much with MIB’s but it’s very easy to brick the unit so please play carefully. Next job is to change the colour of the car in the menu to Quartz Grey and maybe do some more custom icons but for now please enjoy the Bentley Breitling and TAG Carrera clock faces. I’m just glad to have been along for the ride to test it on a Skoda 🙂

EEF7E6EF-AB4F-45D6-A2FD-734EA68E7B04.thumb.jpeg.1f32f558b773c2681e6cc14153d5bbd9.jpeg

06B1F3D7-5255-4A9C-8E6C-ACFC31672DDD.thumb.jpeg.462cf52ac3f8eed3264009a80c63d6dc.jpeg

Link https://github.com/jilleb/mib2-toolbox

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, SashaGrace said:

Which one do you want to fit? If going OEM you will need a charge pad and storage box to match, a MIB2 radio is a requirement if you want the charging phone in storage tray message to show, there is one coding change to make in 5F and you’ll need to saw a hole in the centre console under the pad for it to fit. You’ll need to make a wiring loom for power/ground and can hi/lo. If you are using an inbay one then that’s just drop in (if you don’t have the phonebox option) and power/ground.

That sounds awfully complicated to a luddite like me!

• Like 1