Sasha’s Octavia vRS

9 hours ago, silver1011 said:

The timing of when you need either a minor or major service depends on whether your car is set to fixed or variable service intervals...

1) Fixed - 10,000 miles or 12 months, whichever is reached first

2) Variable - up to 20,000 miles or 24 months, the car decides for itself based on the data recorded by various sensors (cold starts, journey length, speeds etc.).

How do you change this setting?. I dont do a massive amount of miles and wouldn't do 10,000 in a year so the Variable setting would be a better fit for me

• Like 1

If you're doing less than 10,000 miles a year then the fixed interval will likely suit you better. This ensures an annual service i.e. fresh oil at least once a year.

If you changed to variable you wouldn't reach the mileage limit so the time limit (up to 2 years) would apply.

Each to their own but if the car is owned, or you intend to clear the finance at the end of a PCP and run the car out of warranty I'd be sticking to fixed.

Oil is the lifeblood of any engine and turbo.

To answer your question, you should only reset the service interval when the car is being serviced. If you reset it now the car will assume you've changed the oil and your two year interval will start without factoring in the mileage you've already covered since the last service.

When the car is next in for service ask the dealer to change it for you.

Edited by silver1011
  • Like 1

On 28/09/2019 at 16:48, SashaGrace said:

Brake work all done 🥳 now need to get it all clean again for Trax next weekend.

Gone for Aston Martin DB9 calipers, Pagid pads, Golf Clubsport discs, RS3 brake ducts, VBT carriers, HEL braided lines and new OEM VAG DOT4 fluid. Lovely 😁

Which HEL brake lines did you get? Did you get ones for the S3 8P?

• Like 1

Ok so was vacuuming my vRS today and noticed that the rear seat behind the drivers seat was lose!, im able to lift it up slightly and upon further inspection it looks like either the a clip or retaining bolt that secures the lower part of the seat in place has either snapped or come undone.....

IMG_20191113_141833.jpg

IMG_20191113_141851.jpg

has anyone else come across this before?

I did have the car in for an annual  service yesterday but cant think it would have been something they did if this bolt/clip is even accessible from the under side of the car?, the last time i actually vacuumed the car was back in June time so its been a good while and might have been like this for a lot longer and ive just not realised!?

Edited by BlockABoots
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, SashaGrace said:

Should be a big plastic clip in there that holds the base in.

Ah so looks like the plastic clips has snapped then

14 hours ago, itsbrun said:

5G0 886 373 is the part number for the clip if you need it 

thanks!, is it just a case of removing the broke clip housing and just inserting the new clip....all this can be done from inside the car (no need to go on the underside?)

Im still not sure how it got broken to be fair...very odd

Edited by BlockABoots

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 09:12, SashaGrace said:

Yes it does, mine was a poor explanation, my point is that it relies on the sensors working to switch the camera on. I know this because I had to fix the damn sensors before the camera would come on. No sensors equals no camera on this car. There must be a way around that for cars that don’t have parking sensors, but that was how the cookie crumbled on this car.

And do you maybe know how is done this way around? I have done 5F Infotainment > Long Coding > Byte 19 Enable Bit 4 and realised that camera still do not work. Because of missing park sensors ;(

• Like 1

On ‎16‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 12:59, SashaGrace said:

I’ve done this on other cars with no standard sensors and it worked, what radio do you have?

Hello,

I have Bolero in my Skoda Rapid MY 2015

On ‎18‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 13:49, SashaGrace said:

Do you have a BT and VOICE button? You need the voice button otherwise this feature is not supported.

Hello,

I have bluetooth (for phone) button on steering wheel. I also have voice control button on steering wheel but when I press it, it says ˝voice control not available˝

On 25/11/2019 at 07:35, Max46 said:

Hello,

I have bluetooth (for phone) button on steering wheel. I also have voice control button on steering wheel but when I press it, it says ˝voice control not available˝

What about on the radio? Can you put up a picture of the radio screen?

10 hours ago, SashaGrace said:

Been busy with another project lately, added the memory mirror motor and wiring to the passenger mirror et voila, memory mirror. More details to come.

Nice, was it more or less the same as the MK2? Namely, a replacement mirror motor, extra wires and coding - assuming the door controller support memory motors...

• Like 1