1.5 SEL first gear issue.

Janner74

@PiKaroq,   Welcome to the forum.

?

Is this a fix for Euro 6 & Pre WLTP Approved Euro 6d temp 1.5 TSI Manuals with issues, or does this have to do with the latest 1.5 TSI with a GPF and WLTP Approval, 

and do they have the same issues and are requiring some fix sometime, maybe, if they get around to one?

?

Whom did you speak to @ Skoda UK,  was it Cherie Cornish a Resolutions Manager by any chance?  

Please post what it is that you do receive in writing.  Nothing like an admission from Senior Management of Skoda UK Customer Services or VW Group.

Rod McLeod of Skoda UK or Paul Willis of VW UK could maybe do a Press Release to the Media, or just on Official Websites.

PS

An oldie but a goldie.

A big hole opened up in the road and people were calling 999 and reporting it. They were asked what service they required and they asked for the Police.

When the hole was still there and nothing seemed to be done about the hole and making it safe and the papers asked the Local Chief Inspector why there was nothing done 

he said "he had sent out officers and 'they were looking into it."

****SWEAR ALERT****

& no Translation available.

Edited by Offski
  • Haha 2

This is part of what I received by email Wednesday from Homera Nazir, Customer Relations Manager, Skoda UK.

The issue was sent through to ŠKODA; however, ŠKODA confirmed there is no fix available. As soon as a fix has been implemented, we will make you aware within 48 hours of the update being issued.”

Interesting she calls it an “issue” rather than a fault!!

27 minutes ago, AMC150 said:

This is part of what I received by email Wednesday from Homera Nazir, Customer Relations Manager, Skoda UK.

The issue was sent through to ŠKODA; however, ŠKODA confirmed there is no fix available. As soon as a fix has been implemented, we will make you aware within 48 hours of the update being issued.”

Interesting she calls it an “issue” rather than a fault!!

That's a technical term which is short for INVISIBLE SOFTWARE SYMPTON USER ENRAGED.:dull:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Skoda UK have said they will confirm in writing to me that the fault is not a safety issue, lets see what turns up!

Rang yesterday to get them to look at my clutch and got the usual contact centre spiel around a 20 day wait for a courtesy car, after I mentioned that the main issue was being looked at by Skoda UK they managed to find me a car for today!

Had a call just now telling me it will probably be a week as they need the gearbox off to investigate as they were able to replicate my issue.

Courtesy car isn' t too bad a little TDI Fabia Monte Carlo in blue,  much better than the usual Citigo roller skate they hand out! it looks sporty and handles as such but it's got no real go....drives better than my Karoq though!

Just read this post on the VW t roc forum.

Hi ,Spoke to customer services yesterday and they called me back today.The guy i spoke to was very good and he says VW are aware of problem and there will be a software update coming but not till the 2nd quarter 2019, He says the problem is only on certain chassis numbers and not on all 1.5 engines .the fix will be implemented once it is tested and approved most probally by recall

I wonder if Skoda will soon be singing from the same song sheet

So does that mean that those who weren't driving them properly and had to adapt their driving style will have to adapt it again! :thinking:

Skoda's response has probably been controlled by VW.

Good, if it is true, that it is limited to certain chassis numbers and the fault will be elimated on future builds.

Edited by VAGCF

'If'   limited to certain 'chassis'  or VIN and Skoda , VW, Audi or SEAT know which then the Dealers will have this now on a TPI and those with these VIN / vehicles can be contacted and told 'come on down' once we have a fix.

Or when a Service Desk person or Tech checks the cars details will know there might be an issue, 

but they should ha e the clue anyway,  there will be a 1.5 TSI engine and 3 pedals and a manual gear shifter....

'If' they are limited to some 'VIN' and VW have not a clue which actual and will only react as people are aware and contact again and again then that is 'business as usual'.

Ignore for as long as you can get away with.

Vorsprung Durch Technik!

http://master.skoda-auto.com/mini-apps/recall-actions    Never going to be a 'Service Campaign'  just a take action if the owner moans enough. 'Manage expectations'.

PS

Those cars that VW Group main dealers have sitting in Stock for sale, Ex Demonstrators, Ex Management etc with the 'Certain Chassis Number' will be 'Approved Used Cars' and when there is 'A fix' the Dealerships can apply that before selling the cars.

'Pigs might fly'.

Edited by Offski

My month old .15 Petrol is doing it on occasion..Especially at a roundabout,      it appeared as though the engine was flooded....No pick up on first   Very dangerous only done 1300 miles and it was up to temp?

On 02/11/2018 at 18:35, Technium said:

Iam from Slovenia and Iam a owner of Karoq 1,5 TSI manual since 28th of September. (Ordered 2nd of March...)  My Karoq also have problem with first gear...

Mine cut out yesterday as I crawled after banging it in second after having no power then fired up again when engaged clutch, it’s a difficult car to drive slowly, or an annoying car to drive slowly. 

We have similar loss of power when in low revs on even the slightest incline in 2nd gear. You can put your foot to the floor and get.... absolutely nothing! Will slowly pick up if you quickly change down to 1st or else just conk out. Please please please everyone keep reporting these faults to Skoda. They have got to stop giving us all the run around before some has an accident

So a fix/ fail might/will be available to rectify the issue /characteristics that customers have experienced/imagined/caused ...........by June 2019...............................watch this space as they say and hope it’s a better fix than the proposed bodge on the 75,000 Polo safety issues.

Edited by Sad555
  • Haha 1

So skoda customer services called me back unexpectedly they are now backtracking on what I was told on Friday and skoda currently have no fix planned and are saying it's a characteristic of the car.  I have cancelled my order.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Looking forward to word of them getting Software / Engine management updates that they can just apply during a 'Service Campaign'  that does not require the likes of the German Authorities have them 'retest models for emissions'.

They maybe got them through the old regime but if they had to have driveable cars on the road and meeting even the 'original results' let alone come up with new acceptable Co2 g/km results. 

33 minutes ago, Sad555 said:

So a fix/ fail might/will be available to rectify the issue /characteristics that customers have experienced/imagined/caused ...........by June 2019...............................watch this space as they say and hope it’s a better fix than the proposed bodge on the 75,000 Polo safety issues.

Perhaps a cable tie on the throttle pedal, and another on the turbo actuator....Wonderful Lovely Ties in Plastic....can fix anything!

:giggle:all.jpg.c1ea9a1db75d578c988903b2d954b7c1.jpg

Edited by xman
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, PiKaroq said:

So skoda customer services called me back unexpectedly they are now backtracking on what I was told on Friday and skoda currently have no fix planned and are saying it's a characteristic of the car.  I have cancelled my order.

I cancelled my 1.5 order too.

Have you got any other cars in mind?

I need a new car before summer next year. I was thinking of swapping to a 1.5 DSG but I have seen some DSG owners are saying they are also having problems :thumbdown: 

• Thanks 1

I ummed and ahhed between a 1.5 and 1.0 DSG, but due to amount of mileage and usually only 2 of us plus dog in car settled on the 1.0, glad I did now considering the problems also surfacing on 1.5 DSG's, surprisingly nippy too!

• Like 2

An owner on another forum has mentioned having issues (I won't link their post/s as I'm not sure if it's allowed). And on this forum 

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/446820-15-sel-first-gear-issue/?page=22&tab=comments#comment-5149880

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/446820-15-sel-first-gear-issue/?page=22&tab=comments#comment-5150329

It is only a few I've seen but enough to make me think twice about buying one, especially with the many owners of the 1.5 manual having a problem.

Edited by Karoq5

Hmmm Cryptic text from Skoda earlier saying they are awaiting a response from Skoda tech and this can take 72 hours, I presume they are referring to my clutch issue and not the karoqaroo one as 72 weeks sounds more plausible :speechless: why on earth is it taking over a week to fix a clutch? Unless of course I have found a new characteristic :ohmy:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LittleOwl said:

We have similar loss of power when in low revs on even the slightest incline in 2nd gear. You can put your foot to the floor and get.... absolutely nothing! Will slowly pick up if you quickly change down to 1st or else just conk out. Please please please everyone keep reporting these faults to Skoda. They have got to stop giving us all the run around before some has an accident

As others have done, get onto Watchdog. The more that do the more that Watchdog will understand that it is a real problem, particularly as there are safety implications, never mind what Skoda says.

Has anyone had a response from Watchdog?

Edited by VAGCF

After following this topic for the last 8 months I wondered if there are any old fashioned motorist like me who take a test drive before buying a car to see if it suits there needs because I’ve test driven a fair few cars that I had initially liked the look of only to find some things I didn’t like or do they just look at pictures and extras toys and blindly place an order without having driven the car only to find it’s not drivable ?

I suspect. ..

With respect, its extremely difficult to arrange test drives of cars with the configuration you are interested in, i.e. engine, gearbox, trim.

How many 1.5tsi karoq manual demonstrators are there out there? Bear in mind some people are taking delivery of cars ordered many months ago?

I find demonstrators are usually high end, diesel, dsg.

Furthermore salesmen take control and take you on preset routes with little chance of real world driving, max 30 mins.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, xman said:

I suspect. ..

With respect, its extremely difficult to arrange test drives of cars with the configuration you are interested in, i.e. engine, gearbox, trim.

How many 1.5tsi karoq manual demonstrators are there out there? Bear in mind some people are taking delivery of cars ordered many months ago?

I find demonstrators are usually high end, diesel, dsg.

Furthermore salesmen take control and take you on preset routes with little chance of real world driving, max 30 mins.

I think my test drive was in a 1.5tsi SE L at Skoda Hull. I usually annoy the hell out of the dealer as I try and drive part of my commute (rather bumpy road to test the ride quality!)

I can't remember any issues setting off though although I did find the engine somehow hesitant compared to my old breed 1.4tsi. Saying that might have just been the petrol on board, I normally fill up with Tesco Greenenergy 99 ron but filled up with Asda 95ron this weekend (it was cheap) and my current car hates it

Edited by bigjohn