1.5 SEL first gear issue.

Janner74

I assume the delay is due to EU emissions testing but it does seem a very long wait for what to many is a safety issue and for others an embarrassment, I'm sure the wear on the clutch will become an issue in due course too.

Does this now mean that they will admit that they have a problem to the motoring press and the customers with Karoqs, T-Rocs and Atecas I wonder.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JeremyGi said:

Skoda UK customer services have rung me back as promised following my Facebook message to them, the young lady acknowledged that they were aware of the issue and that its being investigated and has promised to ring me again in one week with the latest update.

Sounds good BUT I would put a lottery win on you being no further forward or knowing any new further developments.

Skoda  Customer Services are NOT customer focused as Skoffski has said, they just play you along. I have stopped ringing them (it costs a fortune waiting for a connection) and they just have stalling tactics for email requests. They are HOPELESS, p;ease don't put any faith in them. They will tell you what you hope to hear, nothing definite in anyway.

• Like 1

I see 'an estimate is that a solution will be available in the 2nd quarter of 2019'. 

So before the end June,

I remember VW estimation how long until they had the 'Emissions Fix',  getting it in Australia then getting caught out with their kidology.

Then doing 2.0 lt then 1.2 TDI's cars then a long time later 1.6TDI's.

Problem with VW Group is they lie professionally.   They even plead guilty to being liars and cheats. In the USA that is.  

Everyplace else they say they did nothing wrong.

• Like 2

Being a pedant haven't they just assigned it a FAULT (not a characteristic) CODE on this sheet?????? Clearly an issue with the car (let them call it what they like) meaning it's of unsatisfactory quality which is ground for rejection under Consumer Rights Act 2015

• Like 1

They still keep saying it is only until temp reaches normal operating temp. That is not true, there are plenty including myself, where there is still hesitation after a long trip.

I have told my dealer and Skoda this fact but they still choose to ignore it.

1 hour ago, JeremyGi said:

I assume the delay is due to EU emissions testing but it does seem a very long wait for what to many is a safety issue and for others an embarrassment, I'm sure the wear on the clutch will become an issue in due course too.

Does this now mean that they will admit that they have a problem to the motoring press and the customers with Karoqs, T-Rocs and Atecas I wonder.

I guess that's why the clutch below give up it's ghost. This is screen shot from Honest John website. 

Screenshot_20181226-111852_Gallery.jpg

Just an update with mine (Karoq DSG)

I have been in contact with my dealer - DM Keith Leeds, who were BRILLIANT!

All they wanted to do was to put things right for me. I suggested changing back into an Octavia and they have now done this for me. Cannot fault their Customer Service - from what I read, other Dealers may need to take note :)

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, smudge18 said:

All they wanted to do was to put things right for me. I suggested changing back into an Octavia and they have now done this for me. Cannot fault their Customer Service - from what I read, other Dealers may need to take note :)

Be aware that the Octavia 1.5tsi has similar issues!!

13 hours ago, smudge18 said:

Oh really???? Thanks for that, Dave. Do you have one? Only had mine for a week or so :)

I have an Octavia 1.5tsi se technology and had the issue with excess revs when the clutch was released, this was sorted with a software update. There are a couple of threads on the Octavia MK3 forum ,-Engine revs without foot on accelarator and Octavia nose dives on pullaway.

Edited by DaveLees

1 hour ago, smudge18 said:

For free?

On 04/01/2019 at 19:07, smudge18 said:

Oh really???? Thanks for that, Dave. Do you have one? Only had mine for a week or so :)

You didn't think to ask! :x 

Or is it a different engine to the 1.5 tsi? 

Edited by VAGCF

On 05/01/2019 at 21:01, VAGCF said:

You didn't think to ask! :x 

Or is it a different engine to the 1.5 tsi? 

Ni I didn't think to ask as I wasn't aware there were problems with the Octavia. Not sure if it is the same engine.

I see that your Karoq was a DSG, were you getting the increased revving/lurching problem at low speeds which I take it was your reason for taking it back?

Is the Octavia a 1.5 TSI with DSG? I guess now that you've had it a week or so it must be alright? The 1.5 TSI is the same engine as used in different models across VW, Skoda and SEAT and problems are being reported with all of them. The only exception seems to be Audi for some reason, where I haven't heard of any problems. Perhaps because Audi have only just started using the 1.5 and so only a few cars sold? Funny that Audi are the last to start using the engine, you would have thought they would have been the first, or were VWG aware of the problems and thought it wise not to use it in the premium brand of the four?

• Like 2

Hi all
I'm following this topic for a while because I will be owner of a Skoda Superb Sportline 1.5 TSI manual which should be manufactured this month. That's why I am really concerned about this 1st gear issue...

Is there any anyone (or passengers) who want to make a video of the cokpit while the car is kangarooing ? 

This will show the rev behaviour and seriousness of the "caracteristic" of this engine. 

Upload such a video on youtube could go viral and have a true impact on VAG.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, JeremyGi said:

Does anyone else find the problem considerably worse when the outside air temperature is really cold? 

Mines just as just as jumpy now as it was when it was delivered in July so temperature makes no difference. 

Edited by AMC150
Error

Certainly worse in cold conditions. 

I should also point out, the car had the issue with the very annoying "over revving" when purchased, as mentioned by others on Octavia pages.  Had a software update about October 18,   thinking yippee,  this is it. . . .  THE fix.   It has stopped the annoying revs, and the jerkiness appears to be better than before. . .  But it is still there, and  bad on cold mornings less than 5 degrees.