What have you done to your Superb III today?

2 hours ago, kriva said:

I finally got around to installing the mud flaps on my car.

The install took about 30-40 minutes for all four. The only thing I haven’t been able to do is drill the 7mm hole for the plug in the front wheel liners, but since I’ll be switching back to summer wheels soon, the ideal opportunity to do that is just around the corner.

now let’s see if the mud flaps will actually reduce the mud on the underside of the car or if they’re just cosmetic.

Even as a cosmetic item, I do like them.

If you turn your wheels full lock one way, you can drill the hole without popping the wheel off. Then full lock the other way to access the other side's arch liner 👍

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bigeater said:

As we speak, mine is on the rollers being remapped. Stock power is 272 brake, using 95 Ron fuel.

Good to hear someone got the power itch that needed scratching. Keeps us all informed, popcorn ordered. Better not beat me LOL.:tongueout:

Just now, shyVRS245 said:

Good to hear someone got the power itch that needed scratching. Keeps us all informed, popcorn ordered. Better not beat me LOL.:tongueout:

It won’t. I’ve been pushed into this by the salesman here. I only came to the shop to talk about it, and I got itchy feet, forgetting that I’ve got half a tank of 95 fuel. So the guy here says I can have a change of map once I’m ready with 99 fuel. I was close to asking for a down pipe and all the other stage 2 stuff, but I bottled it. 👍

• Haha 1

Just now, Bigeater said:

It won’t. I’ve been pushed into this by the salesman here. I only came to the shop to talk about it, and I got itchy feet, forgetting that I’ve got half a tank of 95 fuel. So the guy here says I can have a change of map once I’m ready with 99 fuel. I was close to asking for a down pipe and all the other stage 2 stuff, but I bottled it. 👍

Wondered why you were having it mapped on regular but interesting that it's 4bhp down on what Skoda claim demonstrates how this engine really benefits from better octane fuel.:kiss:

5 minutes ago, unclerichy said:

Mine had just been put on charge at home. Cold mornings, all the heated gubbins and a very short commute just twice a week do not a happy alternator make. I got in the other night and it muttered about 12v being low.

Mine is the complete opposite over 400 miles in the last 3 days, alternator nicely topped up and stop/start ready and willing every time I come to a stop. 38-40mpg on the 3 commutes since the remap so hardly any difference.:)

Well that works out at just under 1bhp/mile for you. My 20 miles with 280bhp is 14bhp/mile. I think we know who the winner is here 😂

I did ponder on a stage 1 remap (had one on my Mk II Octavia diesel) but the insurance faff and few opportunities to really use it means that 280 is sufficient these days.

I had 2 options, high torque or low torque map. Considering I was using morrisons 95 unleaded, I opted for the low torque map.

Final figure, 352 bhp and 355lb/ft

That'll do me until I get the dsg remap with a stage 2 upgrade.

It's not very fast is it this upgrade :)

Edited by Bigeater
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Bigeater said:

I had 2 options, high torque or low torque map. Considering I was using morrisons 95 unleaded, I opted for the low torque map.

Final figure, 352 bhp and 355lb/ft

That'll do me until I get the dsg remap with a stage 2 upgrade.

It's not very fast is it this upgrade :)

Still a very good result on boggo unleaded surprised it went even that high. Welcome to the 350+ Club.:thumbup:

• Like 1

Topped up the coolant.  Had a check coolant warning last night and low and behold it was still in the shaded area but at the lower end.  Checked it 4 days ago, with the oil and it was fine. No obvious signs of a leak but I'll keep an eye on it.  I've marked the expansion tank with current level.   Only needed about 150ml. 

MOT tomorrow and at 46,000 miles I was wondering about the front pads, so thought I’d better have a proper look. Wheels off, callipers off, still a few k miles left on the pads so cleaned them up / applied thin smear of ceramic grease to the slidy  bits (no, not those bits!). The front offside inner pad has a wear sensor, so I unplugged it when I was cleaning the gunge off.

Plugged it back in, reassembled, job done. Cup of tea time. Then I though “better just check everything is ok for mot tomorrow morning” so started it up and drove out of the garage. Within 5 yards all sort of “boing”s and lights coming on, traction, abs, ACC, auto-stop-start and god know what else. Oops!

Stopped car and switched everything off. Count to 30. Re-start and mostly ok except for auto stop start (no, not the usual temporarily unavailable due to high load etc, but a fault with it). Stopped again, opened and closed door. Waited until everything gone dark. Then restarted. ... ... phew, everything ok!

So not too sure what that was about but presumably it didn’t like me unplugging the wear sensor. I did put the ignition on briefly with it disconnected, as the radio had shut off automatically, I guess that was a bad idea!

8 hours ago, nicknorman said:

MOT tomorrow and at 46,000 miles I was wondering about the front pads, so thought I’d better have a proper look. Wheels off, callipers off, still a few k miles left on the pads so cleaned them up / applied thin smear of ceramic grease to the slidy  bits (no, not those bits!). The front offside inner pad has a wear sensor, so I unplugged it when I was cleaning the gunge off.

Plugged it back in, reassembled, job done. Cup of tea time. Then I though “better just check everything is ok for mot tomorrow morning” so started it up and drove out of the garage. Within 5 yards all sort of “boing”s and lights coming on, traction, abs, ACC, auto-stop-start and god know what else. Oops!

Stopped car and switched everything off. Count to 30. Re-start and mostly ok except for auto stop start (no, not the usual temporarily unavailable due to high load etc, but a fault with it). Stopped again, opened and closed door. Waited until everything gone dark. Then restarted. ... ... phew, everything ok!

So not too sure what that was about but presumably it didn’t like me unplugging the wear sensor. I did put the ignition on briefly with it disconnected, as the radio had shut off automatically, I guess that was a bad idea!

The classic off and on again Nick!

Much like the mighty 225 😉

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, nicknorman said:

I think, that's it.

Recently, a rodent, has made a real mess on my wife's Audi Q3. It has cut not less than 3 harnesses (21 welding points to solve the problems!) . I had to remove the front left head lamp (which was undamaged) to get some space for better access. I also had to start the engine before I finished everything. Then I had error messages, but they went away once everything was reassembled. It was nevertheless better when I erased all fault codes with VCDS.

The 'Prestige' SuperSkoda carpet mats arrived and they seem pretty good! Proper Skoda branded mats, and they fit like an absolute glove. Looking at the sticker on the back of the individual mats it looks like they were produced back in 2015, but there's no sign of age on them that I can tell. Quick delivery (3 days from order) and for £37 I think they'll do just grand!

Driver

8r9bYHF.jpg

Front Passenger

Az7iYV1.jpg

Rear passengers

MJ4IgJg.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Elson said:

The 'Prestige' SuperSkoda carpet mats arrived and they seem pretty good! Proper Skoda branded mats, and they fit like an absolute glove. Looking at the sticker on the back of the individual mats it looks like they were produced back in 2015, but there's no sign of age on them that I can tell. Quick delivery (3 days from order) and for £37 I think they'll do just grand!

Ours came from the dealer with a new set of those, they look really good👍

• Like 1

Finally fitted my mud flaps front and back ,decided against the protection pack from ŠKODA as after Sales purchases would be £600+ ,sourced mudflaps rubber mats ( as it’s scotland the dreich ) boot liner dash cam led boot lights and spare wheel and saved myself near £200 .