What have you done to your Superb III today?

16 minutes ago, Just said:

Thanks. Looks great! Especially the black on white.

Is the round badge one of the ones from Superskoda - they're advertised as front only, but I've read some say that they fit the bootlid fine too.

You say the letters were easy - did you just do one at a time or peel them all off together. Sorry for all the questions!

Cheers

I had the exact same questions lol

Yes the front badge does fit the boot lid, although that area of the car is slightly curved. When pressing the badge on here I advise that you span your fingers to encircle it as much as possible. 

I used a heat gun but I’m sure a hairdryer would do just as good a job. 

For the letters I marked a rectangle using making tape, I used dental floss and the letters literally peeled off (individually) one after the other. 

Removing the adhesive (especially behind the round badges) takes a bit of time. Once you get that off, a quick polish of the area to be rebadged, and you’re all set. 

• Like 1

Have badges ( SKODA - SUPERB - 4x4 ) in black, the front badge in black on Sport Blue, mudflaps, interior backlit door sills & protective rear bumper panel all in my Superskoda basket. OBD11 on its way already. 
Can’t believe the Sportline doesn’t come with black badges as standard. See them on other Superbs but can’t figure out the pattern - why some have & some don’t. Easy fix though.

It’s also booked in for full 2 stage polish to remove all the swirls that the dealer left after washing it weekly ( & weakly) for the last 10 months. And finishing with a self healing Titan Vulcan Ceramic coating. Next appointment he had was Nov - so I’ll be waiting. 
Spent the weekend loading a ton load of music onto the Jukebox. 10gigs full. All sorted properly with correct track order and Album covers. All my old CD’s in the attic dragged down 😂 The Canton is way better in the Superb compared to the Octy, and I was very happy with the Octy sound. 

• Like 3

Washed it...first time I've washed it myself since getting it in March. Only the second wash in total 😳 

Also updated the Columbus to firmware version 1440 recently so I can start modding 

16012844347740.jpg

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Wicklow is a beautiful part of Eire for those who have not done a 3 week camping and fishing trip to that part of the country like myself. Keep away from that pillar with your mirror.:D

It is lovely, sometimes hard to appreciate it when seeing it everyday. What part of wicklow did you visit?

Just now, Chet said:

It is lovely, sometimes hard to appreciate it when seeing it everyday. What part of wicklow did you visit?

We camped in the mountains can't remember the name of the site but it was one of the best views to wake up to from any site I've stayed at. Magical scenery to be sure.:inlove:

• Like 2

After changing my coming home/leaving home lights to front fogs rather than dipped beam the dull yellowness of the original fog light bulbs was really noticeable.

Swapped today for H8 Osram Cool Blue Intense, much brighter and whiter light than the originals 👍

On 27/09/2020 at 19:40, MICKSVRS said:

Here you go 👍

F84E2197-68C3-4DC2-B6A2-40034D24CF1E.jpeg

D2399077-D01F-4C65-80AE-020899DA3798.jpeg

I posted these pics with my phone and when viewed on my laptop realised that my reg is still visible 🙄

So I decided to post what it really looks like. 

• Like 1

Just now, MICKSVRS said:

I posted these pics with my phone and when viewed on my laptop realised that my reg is still visible 🙄

So I decided to post what it really looks like. 

7AC9612E-B0A7-455C-8074-756D1E24DE71.png

C551206C-99EA-4B61-9738-5C9AB53C155E.png

5 minutes ago, john999boy said:

@lowey Excuse my ignorance but which parts have been wrapped?

No matter what, it still looks good though. :thumbup:

3 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Tail lights and roof at a guess?

As Shy has said I’ve had the roof and Tail lights/ reflectors wrapped 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, lowey said:

I appreciate its not to everyone's taste but today's number was a little vinyl wrapping.

FB_IMG_1601559496725.jpg

FB_IMG_1601559505707.jpg

FB_IMG_1601559519449.jpg

Wow, I was going to vinyl wrap my rear taillights in smoke black tint this weekend!!!

Urs looks good.

I have the wrap, heat gun, squige ready.

I have already done my front fog lights.

The rear tail lights r more complicated though, given the complex lines, curves and steps.  But I'll give it a go.

1333769458_16008476754862.thumb.jpg.f42a742ae88aec1f0683fb4650c1b654.jpg

Edited by JR RS
  • Like 1

Finally washed after many many weeks n weeks!!
Also, I was feeling a bit "foggy" - so I vinyl tinted it in light smoke black, and got fog light frames 😊

Next I'll b vinyl tinting the rear tail lights in light smoke black too.  They r however more complicated to do with complex lines n curves.

IMG_03102020_180831_(1080_x_719_pixel).thumb.jpg.3566dd195ad86bfd2fe573c8263cb7f6.jpg

IMG_03102020_180852_(1080_x_694_pixel).thumb.jpg.def91aad05b37f4b8981d20196298a37.jpg

• Like 1

I've upgraded a 2nd key for my kessy to get chromed parts as the 1st key... Bought on Ali...

Before (3rd key actually) / After (2nd key)... 

img_3463-57c1f7a.jpg

Also installed screw caps (also from Ali) on 4 door hinges :

img_3467-57c1f7e.jpg

On 28/09/2020 at 10:16, Chet said:

Washed it...first time I've washed it myself since getting it in March. Only the second wash in total 😳 

Also updated the Columbus to firmware version 1440 recently so I can start modding 

16012844347740.jpg

Ooh now I’m curious as I’ve just updated to 1440, what mods are you looking at???

50 minutes ago, SkudMissile21 said:

Ooh now I’m curious as I’ve just updated to 1440, what mods are you looking at???

1440.....🤔.....am I missing out on anything here?

What does 1440 bring to the table and where is it available? (presume Skoda) 

12 minutes ago, Toon99 said:

1440.....🤔.....am I missing out on anything here?

What does 1440 bring to the table and where is it available? (presume Skoda) 

Don't think so to be honest. I upgraded from 1163 and there's some slight UI tweaks and the default Superb is a FL now. 

I plan on changing out the images to better suit my sportline