What have you done to your Superb III today?

1 hour ago, UndertheRadar said:

Mines due its 2yr service in a few months. I’ve a set of NGK R7438-8 plugs sitting here to go in it at the same time. Like the iridium ix fitted to the older gen units, they do give a smoother and faster response under throttle. 

Are they like uprated plugs?

Just done a diy oil change using oem oil filter and seal and plastic sump nut,first used archoil engine flush drained oil then put fresh castrol edge 5w30w oil with archoil oil modifier, replaced oem air filter with k&n filter straight swap,all very easy to do.now purring lovely.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MarioVrs said:

Are they like uprated plugs?

Yes. Older gen 1 units got the iridium ix  plugs going a step colder. I’ve fitted rs7 plugs as well which help, but the last few sets of the ngk performance plugs I’ve fitted for people have really smoothed out the throttle response. Not that there’s much wrong with it in the first place. It’s just a noticeable difference afterwards. They do stock up to stage 1, and from stage 2 on you change the last 8 to a 9 for a further up rated set. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, UndertheRadar said:

Yes. Older gen 1 units got the iridium ix  plugs going a step colder. I’ve fitted rs7 plugs as well which help, but the last few sets of the ngk performance plugs I’ve fitted for people have really smoothed out the throttle response. Not that there’s much wrong with it in the first place. It’s just a noticeable difference afterwards. They do stock up to stage 1, and from stage 2 on you change the last 8 to a 9 for a further up rated set. 

I see...i didn't know that. Learnt something new everyday

Fair to say that it is definitely important to have your haldex pump taken out and cleaned when you changing haldex oil...this is mine after 18k and it is the second change already👀

received_1617072878683214.jpeg

received_261172648975398.jpeg

Edited by MarioVrs
Pictures
  • Like 3
  • Love it! 1

Fitted some CarShades.

Had planned to get the rears tinted even darker, but shades were only £81 and, obviously, removeable for the winter months.

So far, so good. Nice and secure fitting.

6 minutes ago, Shugmo said:

Fitted some CarShades.

Had planned to get the rears tinted even darker, but shades were only £81 and, obviously, removeable for the winter months.

Where did you buy them from? I'm thinking of getting some too. Thanks

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shugmo said:

Fitted some CarShades.

The Superb comes with built-in retractable sun shades in the rear doors, so why buy Carshades?

Or am I missing something?

12 minutes ago, UndertheRadar said:

I don’t think they all come with them as standard. 

Correct - it's standard on L&K I believe, but optional on other specs. I don't have them on my 2018 Sportline, but I bought Carshades and they're fantastic - fit and forget. I know people who have got Carshades despite also having the built-in shades, as I don't believe the built-in ones cover the full window - there are small gaps at either side that can still allow the sun to get in the eyes of the rear passengers. Car Shades don't have this issue as they fit snugly in the window frame with no gaps. I bought mine direct from Carshades.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, plantpowered said:

Correct - it's standard on L&K I believe, but optional on other specs. I don't have them on my 2018 Sportline, but I bought Carshades and they're fantastic - fit and forget. I know people who have got Carshades despite also having the built-in shades, as I don't believe the built-in ones cover the full window - there are small gaps at either side that can still allow the sun to get in the eyes of the rear passengers. Car Shades don't have this issue as they fit snugly in the window frame with no gaps. I bought mine direct from Carshades.

They were always an option in 2015 at least, even on the L&K 

• Like 1

Fair enough.

We get them as standard here in Oz.

We don't get the L&K model here.

We get "mutant" versions here.

Mine is MY17.

Edited by JR RS
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Colin they actually help to keep the car cooler as well. 

Yep.. However, being Black, mine warms up quicker than a gas stove even on mildly sunny days:sweat:. Thank god for the AC.

Just ordered a new pollen & K&N engine air filter for mine. It also badly needs a wash after the Sahara sand that we got last week.

4 hours ago, boydeee said:

Where did you buy them from? I'm thinking of getting some too. Thanks

Hi Boydeee,

the company is carshades.co.uk

You get 6 pieces, 2 passenger windows, 2 rear qtrs and 2 that join together across the rear window.

This does leave a seam down the centre of the rear screen but hasnt bothered me so far.

You install them using metal clips (watch the video on their website, but really easy to do)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JR RS said:

Fair enough.

We get them as standard here in Oz.

We don't get the L&K model here.

We get "mutant" versions here.

Mine is MY17.

JR RS,

you need to remember, Oz has a lot of something we struggle with in the UK.

Sunshine B)

• Cheeky 1

1 minute ago, Shugmo said:

Hi Boydeee,

the company is carshades.co.uk

You get 6 pieces, 2 passenger windows, 2 rear qtrs and 2 that join together across the rear window.

This does leave a seam down the centre of the rear screen but hasnt bothered me so far.

You install them using metal clips (watch the video on their website, but really easy to do)

I wish they had an option to exclude the rear screen shades. I can't fit them as my rear dashcam gets in the way. Presumably would be a bit cheaper with just the 6 pieces, but they were a great investment nonetheless.

• Like 1

Replaced the front discs and pads as they'd rusted beyond recovery. Very pleased with the improvement in braking power and pedal feel.

IMG_20210415_152604.jpg

4 minutes ago, D402 said:

Replaced the front discs and pads as they'd rusted beyond recovery. Very pleased with the improvement in braking power and pedal feel.

IMG_20210415_152604.jpg

How many miles were on those?

5 minutes ago, technics100 said:

How many miles were on those?

33k, it happened while I wasn't using the car for 5 weeks in February and March. A few weeks of frequent use including deliberate hard braking since then hasn't cleaned them up so I decided to replace. The old pads were hardly worn but there is a bad lip on the discs.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, D402 said:

IMG_20210415_152604.jpg

5 minutes ago, D402 said:

33k, it happened while I wasn't using the car for 5 weeks in February and March. A few weeks of frequent use including deliberate hard braking since then hasn't cleaned them up so I decided to replace. The old pads were hardly worn but there is a bad lip on the discs.

Amazing! :o