What have you done to your Superb III today?

Does any body else take too much on holiday? 

Whenever we go to the caravan I always pack 'site stuff', 'going out' stuff and 'evening wear' (clean jeans!). I then proceed to wear one pair of shorts all two weeks!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fatfred said:

Does any body else take too much on holiday? 

Whenever we go to the caravan I always pack 'site stuff', 'going out' stuff and 'evening wear' (clean jeans!). I then proceed to wear one pair of shorts all two weeks!!

We take too much, so back seats fully loaded as my dog refuses to have anything in the boot with him.

He’s only a medium sized dog so 90% of the boot is empty 😂

So end up with big tent, 2 camping chairs, duvet, pillows, clothes etc all on the back seats, need to invest in a roof rack and box I think but expensive, especially as I want Thule 

30 minutes ago, Danoid said:

We take too much, so back seats fully loaded as my dog refuses to have anything in the boot with him.

He’s only a medium sized dog so 90% of the boot is empty 😂

So end up with big tent, 2 camping chairs, duvet, pillows, clothes etc all on the back seats, need to invest in a roof rack and box I think but expensive, especially as I want Thule 

Danoid - would one of these work for you?   One of the best things Ive bought for the Skoda, saw on Briskoda and bought before the car was built!   Works a treat fir our border collie with the other side stuffed to the roof for weekends.

F6976ACC-3F82-48FC-BBE2-15FECC1EB871.jpeg

D59FFC2B-69DB-4863-962A-967E90EA45DD.jpeg

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Shuggyboatsuperb said:

Danoid - would one of these work for you?   One of the best things Ive bought for the Skoda, saw on Briskoda and bought before the car was built!   Works a treat fir our border collie with the other side stuffed to the roof for weekends.

F6976ACC-3F82-48FC-BBE2-15FECC1EB871.jpeg

D59FFC2B-69DB-4863-962A-967E90EA45DD.jpeg

Sadly not, I put one in my Passat B5.5 and he still hated it.

He’s a rescue so gawd knows what happened to him in the first 6 or so months of his life, or he’s just being silly 🤪 

Where did you get that from anyway? Be good for future dogs (sounds horrible I know 😞 )

Edited by Danoid

Not today, but Monday night I got to use the Smart Light Assist on my recently purchased L&K. Very clever bit of kit, but I just hope that they never pack up. I bet they are a frightening price!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

So I’d been thinking about getting a pair of those flappy paddle extension shifter thingys fora while but tbh, I just couldn’t bring myself to spend a daft amount on them in case I don’t get on with them. I was screen shopping on Ali and I found these for the grand sum of £7.74! They dry fit perfectly and appear to be identical to these which are somewhat more expensive. Oh and I picked up a plastic battery cover too (yeah, I don’t know why either!) … for £4.44. They also had a deal for free postage over £8 so very happy!😃 IMG_2201.thumb.jpeg.20d69beec24f549aa2c2544f58ee07a3.jpeg

Edited by numskull
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, leolito said:

If you have it, the vario floor is very useful.

Enjoy the trip!!

Don’t tempt me! 
I already priced this up with new parts around £1000 so hoping to find a car being broken for parts to take them all off!

the new price is just a bit too much for me!

38 minutes ago, ApertureS said:

Don’t tempt me! 
I already priced this up with new parts around £1000 so hoping to find a car being broken for parts to take them all off!

Somewhere on this forum I remember seeing a home made vario floor that a guy did on his Superb or, was it an Octavia?

Personally I don't see the point of paying extra to get a smaller boot & a flat floor. Just give me the biggest boot possible. I don't care if it has a lip to the tailgate or the back seats I just want the space to get my stuff in & space for a full size of skinny spare wheel.   

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Devonshiredave said:

Not today, but Monday night I got to use the Smart Light Assist on my recently purchased L&K. Very clever bit of kit, but I just hope that they never pack up. I bet they are a frightening price!

Watching the SLA in action is mesmerising!

54 minutes ago, Colin170CR said:

Somewhere on this forum I remember seeing a home made vario floor that a guy did on his Superb or, was it an Octavia?

It was on this forum. Not the octavia one. I've read it too. It was DIYer job with wood and carpet

I give it to you, not that obvious to find it back with such a title... 😁

• Like 3

That is a clever course of action. I seem to recall the sides are also needed, is not just the movable flap part. With more cars "aging", it should not be an impossible thing. More complicated I imagine is to find a car for breaking that has not been "broken" yet, if you see what I mean, to have all the parts in the more pristine condition.

Many times I have seen lots of engine or suspension parts thrown in the interior without regard for upholstery, trim, etc. ... what's the point to break a car for parts then, if you don't care for the parts themselves? Often I question the breaker and they look at me like I am a Martian ... 🙄

Personally I don't see the point of paying extra to get a smaller boot & a flat floor.

I guess it depends on the level of practicality you want to assign to the thing. I like the flexibility it offers.

In my latest long trip for example, family bought many small items (will not indulge further 😬) that amounted overall to small suitcase/trolley (no the Ryanair allowed ones 😜). With some careful Tetris playing, I managed to "fill" the false floor space with all of them, saving myself the hassle to find a container where to put them, which to fit "above" would have required me to travel with the open roller curtain, which I always try to avoid.

Without the vario floor, I would have had to use a few shopping bags here and there, another thing which I dislike when traveling 🤭

Now this is a almost unique case, but the practicality offered by the car again saved the day ....

11 hours ago, leolito said:

That is a clever course of action. I seem to recall the sides are also needed, is not just the movable flap part. With more cars "aging", it should not be an impossible thing. More complicated I imagine is to find a car for breaking that has not been "broken" yet, if you see what I mean, to have all the parts in the more pristine condition.

Many times I have seen lots of engine or suspension parts thrown in the interior without regard for upholstery, trim, etc. ... what's the point to break a car for parts then, if you don't care for the parts themselves? Often I question the breaker and they look at me like I am a Martian ... 🙄

The complete parts list looks something like this

(Its not to be taken for fact or anything else as I havent verified it at all) plus things vary by vehicle spec and year.

But basically for all new sides, floors, all fixings, other panels, flaps and such was £1020

image.thumb.jpeg.921953620a7dfb5d8f33686dc7642a3c.jpeg

As you can see, the upper floor alone is £315, lower is £130 and the side pieces with flaps comes to around £450.... not cheap at all!

This is a typical case of things you either get (order) or come factory, or you better find secondhand from a breaker ... reminds me of the classic statement "now you look for a second car for spares", so often mentioned in classic circles ... urgh

Time to keep an eye out for some suitable donor! 😉

Having to go to a place and leave the car outside "unattended", it was a good moment to fit the "safety wheel bolts" 😬

So straightforward does not even need explanation 😝

Anybody knows if a cap is available for those?

20240506_130851.jpg

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, leolito said:

Having to go to a place and leave the car outside "unattended", it was a good moment to fit the "safety wheel bolts" 😬

So straightforward does not even need explanation 😝

Anybody knows if a cap is available for those?

20240506_130851.jpg

Yes but you can’t buy them on their own

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Skoda-Genuine-Alloy-Covers-Locking/dp/B08PL6HVHD/ref=asc_df_B08PL6HVHD/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=500890667741&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=2143506665368710700&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9045795&hvtargid=pla-1276197924917&psc=1&mcid=351b6f41c156336ca8927618564ff01d

by the way they may or may not fit, just random quick search to show you

Edited by Danoid
  • Thanks 1

@leolito I need to check if they do have a specific P/N. But I think I did order them separately... Because I had lost 1 or 2 of them...

Which colour are yours ?

6 hours ago, defsix said:

Not to out do your fine work, but I went down the simple route and purchased 3 spare shell's. 

YIQIXIN Smart Car Key Shell Case 3 Button Fob

Simple enough to swap over the electronics and key. 

Now I have 3 shiny new metal cases keys. Previously it was one metal and 2 plastic. And the metal one was covered in super glue 😂

I did consider that, and that was my initial plan, but why waste money when I have an unused key sitting in the cupboard.

Now that I've learnt how to take it apart, next I will have no hesitation in getting a replacement key shell.

Posted (edited)

@Bap33 Mine are black, or a very dark grey. Thanks!

@Danoid Great find thanks! It is sufficient to know they exist, sooner or later will find a way to get some. One photo shows diameter of the locking nut cap, will measure mine to see if it matches.

Edit:

I found them ... available separately or in a set as indicated above.

In case linking to vendors is not acceptable, they are one the skoda-parts site, prices for the black ones are ... 😳

Edited by leolito
Added information
  • Love it! 1

2 hours ago, leolito said:

@Bap33 Mine are black, or a very dark grey. Thanks!

@Danoid Great find thanks! It is sufficient to know they exist, sooner or later will find a way to get some. One photo shows diameter of the locking nut cap, will measure mine to see if it matches.

Edit:

I found them ... available separately or in a set as indicated above.

In case linking to vendors is not acceptable, they are one the skoda-parts site, prices for the black ones are ... 😳

Wasn’t aware you could get them separately, make sense you can though :) 

Posted (edited)

I think I will get the grey ones and paint them over 😝

(0.86eur vs 3.19 for the black ones, unit price!)

Edited by leolito
added data

12 hours ago, JR RS said:

I did consider that, and that was my initial plan, but why waste money when I have an unused key sitting in the cupboard.

Now that I've learnt how to take it apart, next I will have no hesitation in getting a replacement key shell.

I admit I could have done similar, but I wanted the more premium feeling metal key, the original was in poor shape. I'm surprised that they are supplied with one metal and 2 plastic keys. 

• Like 1