What did you do to your Octavia today?

Fitted a Powerflex hybrid dogbone mount to replace the 034 insert which was bent way out of shape. So far so good no noticeable increase in vibration. I was real impressed with the service from Powerflex UK... quick and free shipping to Australia

Ive a powerflex dogbone insert and only notice it when first reversing at slow speed, mines a dsg pre f/l 230

Going to be fitting some genuine cupra side blades this week 

Edited by dsj20v

15 hours ago, StealthRS245 said:

replace the 034 insert which was bent way out of shape

@StealthRS245 Can I ask how long you had the 034 insert for, and how/when you noticed it was bent? I've had mine for about a year and a half now, and noticed no issues as yet... but keen to hear likely longevity etc.

On 10/06/2019 at 14:56, hirez said:

In reference to this;Additional weather seal

I added door gaskets/seals to my my19 Octavia 1.5tsi

tmp-cam-2044844924.thumb.jpg.64f48bbdd9a257afd0c936a3b07f814f.jpg

before

tmp-cam-393397589.thumb.jpg.b5d3a1e1467e8be1f0b34d5ccfc6fa4c.jpg

After

Lower merging seal; cut a little high angled

tmp-cam-248537788.thumb.jpg.84be59cbe5753f5c5753deb0c5d316bb.jpgbefore

tmp-cam-1586830820.thumb.jpg.0beefa6f751e2d4082612312d96350f8.jpg

After

Outside;

tmp-cam-1575444305.thumb.jpg.4393750c0acaa403c5132927fde9cc2e.jpg

before

tmp-cam-918723376.thumb.jpg.7b6274d64e8d8c4f6cbf878b05d0fd1f.jpg

after

Very well done mate. 👍

I've been looking for these for a little while. Struggling to search with the right words.

I hear the odd whistle, certainly from the passenger side and I just want to get more of a seal myself.

Let us know your findings.

6 hours ago, tunedude said:

Very well done mate. 👍

I've been looking for these for a little while. Struggling to search with the right words.

I hear the odd whistle, certainly from the passenger side and I just want to get more of a seal myself.

Let us know your findings.

It definitely didn't hurt, cheap and easy mod.  I also have heard a whistle on my drivers side (your passenger if all other things are equal😀) but not since the mod.  my opinion is the stock seal is inadequate and this has helped but there are a number of other components that contribute to wind noise. My current theory is bad aerodynamics on the side mirrors is a major component of what I hear now.  I am satisfied with the mod.  If nothing else it makes the doors sound better when closed, a nice low thud.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, hirez said:

. My current theory is bad aerodynamics on the side mirrors is a major component of what I hear now.  

I've heard this mentioned on a number of threads. Not had the guts to modify them to see what works.

Washed, Clay Bar (1st time) and then waxed with Bilt Hamber wax...stunning results ! I was surprised at the amount of muck it took off, and how smooth the paint was afterwards. 

7 hours ago, stubev156 said:

Washed, Clay Bar (1st time) and then waxed with Bilt Hamber wax...stunning results ! I was surprised at the amount of muck it took off, and how smooth the paint was afterwards. 

Keen to keep the finish of our recently purchased used cars. They came really well prepared. Having washed the cars several times l'm impressed buy the way water beads up still during the recent rain, guess this is the result of something like this Bilt Hamber wax being used. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, JohnnyType2 said:

I bought some new shoes for the MOT tomorrow. I was on Eagle F1 AS3s, a great Tyre but have worn quite quickly. I've gone premium this time to see if they will last more than one MOT.

?hash=24ec1b5b16fa346d6956dc1922b8f45e?hash=24ec1b5b16fa346d6956dc1922b8f45e

Nice to see you have bought the best tyre currently available for the Vrs Octy.:thumbup:

1 minute ago, JohnnyType2 said:

i had a set of michelin on a Golf that lasted 180K+ miles, WIlly Wonka Probably runs Michelin on his 'whip' 

Careful we don't want to wake up Skoda1963. On a serious note I'm very pleased the way mine are wearing but they do spend 70% of my commute between 2000-2300rpm on the motorway but grip well wet/dry when you want to have some fun.:biggrin:

A modest upgrade, rear sill protectors. Will make watching my three and half year old climb/jump/trample/fall aboard a bit more bearable.

20190711_060213.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, steved83 said:

A modest upgrade, rear sill protectors. Will make watching my three and half year old climb/jump/trample/fall aboard a bit more bearable.

20190711_060213.jpg

Mine were only £25 for the pair from our local Skoda dealer and probably the best and easiest mod to any Vrs. Why they don't fit them as standard is odd when I got a set of overmats for free without asking.:thumbup:

27 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Mine were only £25 for the pair from our local Skoda dealer and probably the best and easiest mod to any Vrs. Why they don't fit them as standard is odd when I got a set of overmats for free without asking.:thumbup:

Its frustrated me, and many others it appears on here as to why they didn't come as standard.

I'll blame inflation but £31 delivered from a Skoda dealer online. Would cost me a fiver in fuel round trip so not to bad.

It's the little things 👍

DSG oil change next

1 minute ago, steved83 said:

Its frustrated me, and many others it appears on here as to why they didn't come as standard.

I'll blame inflation but £31 delivered from a Skoda dealer online. Would cost me a fiver in fuel round trip so not to bad.

It's the little things 👍

DSG oil change next

My dealer only 10 miles away and first mod back in 2017 was to fit the rear boot bumper protector because SWMBO likes to slide stuff out of the boot rather than lift.

On 19/04/2019 at 10:55, JohnnyType2 said:

Post anything from changing a Light Bulb to fitting Coilovers to just a quick Wash.

So let me start

Fitted the new Columbus MIB 2.5 from a 2018 Octavia (with sim, WiFi, hotspot, 3D maps, Higher resolution, Video in Motion) and the 9.2" screen. The main reason for this is so i can retrofit the Virtual cockpit. But the screen is a lot bigger and looks really clean now. I have the bonus of linking the Blackvue 900s dash cam to the WiFi permanently so it now acts like a tracker with voice directly from my phone app.

20190418_202722.jpg

20190418_202739.jpg

20190418_212229.jpg

once the VC is fitted i'll reroute the charger wires behind the dash as it looks messy at the moment.

Johnny this is amazing! Skoda flat out told me no, when I asked if this could be done to my 2016 Octavia rs. I would pay an absolute mint to have this done to my car here in Australia. The infotainment is so out of date already! 

I was in need of a top up liter of oil, so I went to the dealer.  They were surprisingly friendly, looked up my car to tell me I must put in 50800 (0w-20).  Then went to the back workshop and put down a liter of Ravenol and said it would be 35 Euro.  I thanked them and left!

;)

1 minute ago, hirez said:

I was in need of a top up liter of oil, so I went to the dealer.  They were surprisingly friendly, looked up my car to tell me I must put in 50800 (0w-20).  Then went to the back workshop and put down a liter of Ravenol and said it would be 35 Euro.  I thanked them and left!

;)

They must be a bunch of practical jokers. In England it's £12 per litre for Castrol Edge or £9.60 per litre for Mobil 1 from Halfords.:thumbdown:

Treated mine to a set of Michelin CrossClimate+

My front AS3's were on the limit and Costco had a £40 off a purchase of two so £78odd fitted a corner 😃 #bringbackthesnow

• Like 1

On 12/07/2019 at 13:09, Joeydae said:

Johnny this is amazing! Skoda flat out told me no, when I asked if this could be done to my 2016 Octavia rs. I would pay an absolute mint to have this done to my car here in Australia. The infotainment is so out of date already! 

Approaching Redgate corner at Donington today on my first hot lap at 117mph braked too late turned in too soon (ran out of talent no excuses) and it was either pile into a row of cones or turn left and take a quick trip through the gravel trap. Fortunately dropped into 2nd gear and kept the momentum going and didn't get stuck and no red flag for our 20 minute session. Took a couple of laps offline to shake out the gravel I had scooped up then back on it for 9 laps in total car performed well finally hitting 118mph on the back straight after Coppice. Oil temp was excellent when I came into the pits showing just 106C degrees thanks to the Airtec intercooler not much higher than I see on my commute. Managed to average 9.7mpg which should please NOAIM.:blush

• Like 3