Does the Sportline have stiffer suspension?

Q102

i keep banging on.....but there r different spring sets for AWD vs FWD, and liftback vs wagon.

E10-79 series is for wagons/kombis (3V5)

E10-85 series is for liftbacks/hatchbacks (3V3)

E10-79-012-03-22 - Superb Kombi 3V5

E10-79-012-04-22 - Superb Kombi 3V5 AWD

E10-85-042-02-22 - Superb 3V3 Hatchback

E10-85-042-03-22 - Superb 3V3 Hatchback AWD

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fencer said:

So, first thing: JR RS is absolutely right. There are two Eibach Pro-Kits for the Superb, one for the liftback and one for the wagon, with the numbers as he says. I bought the wagon version (for my liftback), despite the retailer saying it was specifically for the lift back. So something to be aware of. The rear springs on the wagon version are 5mm higher than the front springs.

However, that mistake turned out to be a blessing, at least for my tastes.

(All subsequent measurements in my post are hub to guard)

The Superb AWD standard ride height is 380mm, both front and rear. A major issue in my eyes is that the body shape design, when both front and rear ride heights are the same, has a very definite 'nose-down' stance and the back end of the vehicle looks like it's sticking up in the air. If you allow your eye to follow the bottom sill line between the front and rear wheels, it is not level with the ground, with a pronounced slant towards the front. This is a design aesthetic by the Skoda designers and it may not bother some people, but it is something I have never liked. I prefer a car to have a flatter stance.

The front springs (F11-85-042-03-FA) in the Pro-Kit deliver a front height of 350mm. The rear springs from the Pro-Kit delivers also 350mm for the lift back or 355mm if you buy the wagon version.

In my opinion, 350mm at the front is too aggressive. At least here in SA, crossing spoon drains and even getting up some ramps, it is very difficult to avoid scraping the front underside of the vehicle. I realise this is a personal view and many others may really like that ride height, and that's perfectly fine. I don't believe it fully suits this type of vehicle and it certainly has practicality issues.

As I said earlier I also mixed this with wagon springs (on my liftback, because I made the mistake of buying the wrong set, d'oh!), so the rear was sitting at 355mm, and just further accentuating the nose-down, bum-up stance of the vehicle overall. However, I actually really like the rear ride height of the vehicle with those rear springs and I am glad I didn't get the correct kit, as I think 355mm (rather than 350mm) looks perfect. Again, personal opinion.

After contacting Eibach Australia and discussing it, I resolved this by fitting revised front springs (F11-85-043-02-FA) which have been discussed in the forum here. I left the existing Eibach rear springs in place.

Superb1A.thumb.jpg.efed17fc950caa3bd551736049d34dd5.jpg

This has raised the front to 370mm. The rear remains at 355mm. I am now happy with the result as it achieves two outcomes: first the front definitely has more clearance and is more practical to drive in everyday situations. Second it has removed the pronounced nose-down stance the vehicle had before and made it sit flatter overall (no more rear end sticking up). Handling changes are almost imperceptible at speed and slightly more compliant over speed humps at slow speed.

The gap between tyre and guard is now slightly wider on the front compared to the rear which may play with some people's OCD. But as you can see from the pic above, you really have to be a train spotter to notice and I happily take that given the vehicle now sits flatter in stance overall.

As MartiniB states above, you can order separately rather than as a kit, and in hindsight I would have done that from the start.

Thanks for the detailed response. Are you also running spacers as the tyres look relatively flush compared to OEM?

Yes, 12mm spacers. I think that makes a big difference when lowering the Superb. I would also point out that F11-85-043-02-FA front springs test 10mm lower than standard AWD OEM front springs, contrary to the spreadsheet posted by MartiniB. Additionally, Eibach springs deliver superior control and handling compared to OEM Sportline springs.

10 hours ago, fencer said:

the front to 370mm. The rear remains at 355mm

interesting, with same springs 280ps AWD's front dropped more than on my 220ps FWD,

but rear less, more over, mine got Audi pads on the top of rear springs

On 15/07/2022 at 12:27, MartiniB said:

distance between wheel center and arch corner
front F11-85-043-02-FA (from Audi Q2):

L. 376mm
R. 378mm

+ ~2mm if compare to stock

rear F11-79-008-01-HA (from 4x4):

L. 354mm

R. 354mm

- ~12mm if compare to stock

please add some day pictures how your looks with passengers or rear seat

mine -> https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/485647-bilstein-b6-dcc-shock-absorbers-available-at-last/?do=findComment&comment=5681084

8 hours ago, MartiniB said:

interesting, with same springs 280ps AWD's front dropped more than on my 220ps FWD,

Weird why ur 220 dropped more with AWD springs.

R they AWD wagon version or AWD hatch version springs?

AWD is much heavier than FWD.

There r different set of springs for AWD vs FWD.

In theory, if u use AWD springs in a FWD Superb - it won't drop as much compared to using the correct FWD springs.

...and vice-versa - if u use FWD springs in a AWD Superb, it will drop more than if it had the correct AWD springs.

Need to get the combo right, in addition to wagon / hatch.

i.e. body shape + drive type = spring set

Edited by JR RS

On 04/12/2022 at 11:37, fencer said:

So, first thing: JR RS is absolutely right. There are two Eibach Pro-Kits for the Superb, one for the liftback and one for the wagon, with the numbers as he says. I bought the wagon version (for my liftback), despite the retailer saying it was specifically for the lift back. So something to be aware of. The rear springs on the wagon version are 5mm higher than the front springs.

However, that mistake turned out to be a blessing, at least for my tastes.

(All subsequent measurements in my post are hub to guard)

The Superb AWD standard ride height is 380mm, both front and rear. A major issue in my eyes is that the body shape design, when both front and rear ride heights are the same, has a very definite 'nose-down' stance and the back end of the vehicle looks like it's sticking up in the air. If you allow your eye to follow the bottom sill line between the front and rear wheels, it is not level with the ground, with a pronounced slant towards the front. This is a design aesthetic by the Skoda designers and it may not bother some people, but it is something I have never liked. I prefer a car to have a flatter stance.

The front springs (F11-85-042-03-FA) in the Pro-Kit deliver a front height of 350mm. The rear springs from the Pro-Kit delivers also 350mm for the lift back or 355mm if you buy the wagon version.

In my opinion, 350mm at the front is too aggressive. At least here in SA, crossing spoon drains and even getting up some ramps, it is very difficult to avoid scraping the front underside of the vehicle. I realise this is a personal view and many others may really like that ride height, and that's perfectly fine. I don't believe it fully suits this type of vehicle and it certainly has practicality issues.

As I said earlier I also mixed this with wagon springs (on my liftback, because I made the mistake of buying the wrong set, d'oh!), so the rear was sitting at 355mm, and just further accentuating the nose-down, bum-up stance of the vehicle overall. However, I actually really like the rear ride height of the vehicle with those rear springs and I am glad I didn't get the correct kit, as I think 355mm (rather than 350mm) looks perfect. Again, personal opinion.

After contacting Eibach Australia and discussing it, I resolved this by fitting revised front springs (F11-85-043-02-FA) which have been discussed in the forum here. I left the existing Eibach rear springs in place.

This has raised the front to 370mm. The rear remains at 355mm. I am now happy with the result as it achieves two outcomes: first the front definitely has more clearance and is more practical to drive in everyday situations. Second it has removed the pronounced nose-down stance the vehicle had before and made it sit flatter overall (no more rear end sticking up). Handling changes are almost imperceptible at speed and slightly more compliant over speed humps at slow speed.

The gap between tyre and guard is now slightly wider on the front compared to the rear which may play with some people's OCD. But as you can see from the pic above, you really have to be a train spotter to notice and I happily take that given the vehicle now sits flatter in stance overall.

As MartiniB states above, you can order separately rather than as a kit, and in hindsight I would have done that from the start.

When you say measured hub to guard, do you mean you have measured from the middle of the wheel (middle of the small centre cap) to the highest part of the wheel arch?

Yes, exactly that: a vertical axis from the hub centre to the bottom edge of the wheel arch guard. It is a more reliable way of measuring suspension height.

11 minutes ago, fencer said:

Yes, exactly that: a vertical axis from the hub centre to the bottom edge of the wheel arch guard. It is a more reliable way of measuring suspension height.

I couldn't resist the temptation to measure my 2017 206tsi wagon on stock springs. 370mm front and 365 rear. 370mm at the front is pretty safe. i can drive in and out of all sorts of crap driveways and not scrape.

• Like 1

@Carlston & @Donweather Mine is a 4x4 Sportline hatch

This was what Eibach Aus sent me when I asked about whether everything was correct:

The ride heights you have on your vehicle are consistent and what is expected compared to the R&D heights as below.

I would not be suggesting lowering the rear as that may cause other issues but would rather suggest lifting the front slightly with an alternative front springs from the VAG range.

Before                                                                         After                                                                                                               

F385

F385

R380

R380

F350

F350

R355

R355

GetAttachmentThumbnail?id=AQMkADAwATM3ZmYAZS04YzdkLTU2NTYtMDACLTAwCgBGAAADPNmVnG5sckS8NwXZZJ57cwcADd%2FZjKs2h0iSwgRmVcF%2FogAAAgEMAAAA7cwCZP95RUmd%2Fk8B1wWvuAAFF935GQAAAAESABAA7KFoazKCeU%2BnlC%2F0EID49g%3D%3D&thumbnailType=2&isc=1&token=eyJhbGciOiJSUzI1NiIsImtpZCI6IkQ4OThGN0RDMjk2ODQ1MDk1RUUwREZGQ0MzODBBOTM5NjUwNDNFNjQiLCJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJ4NXQiOiIySmozM0Nsb1JRbGU0Tl84dzRDcE9XVUVQbVEifQ.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.ObEKij3XvLqAAvVX1kUA02sjs1DAo2uIbZS5SFmcFw4mgyZQ2JFUqSI5gkZBy6Jv34OiAdL5RwBawkEQJmqn-Q1eoKB6f_q37xtHDRB3eFO3-7tYGb6_zfLydwtZKj974SvCIdiDEoWAvuUit8PBxR8zCYWSKdcVrNtHE6dxUxX2JFgvmuBQ_9X1okH62e-krwwxMQY_6NguXwbtuCZwfx8-Bq-lII8QfYo9yfuJV2ci-poQDpDr-apIhrAAiDQY7A4g-_qkirqMnp8S40NnLWaqS01M0Yuh8HQ10tvImEBZHpTIE-N3JAaS38UswmfXwoXWaDIl4IzUajwsKZAlHw&X-OWA-CANARY=oAq6YRPeDUOhnS2b8GKlVBDVxFuK1toYSK-JiaSKn6FD3tRmVtBevNi9D-ZunaQeoUITcJwS16U.&owa=outlook.live.com&scriptVer=20221111004.17&animation=true

Have written back to 100% confirm that this model is correct tor the hatch. I did send them photos though.

image.png

Edited by CRB123
double images

21 hours ago, JR RS said:

Weird why ur 220 dropped more with AWD springs.

R they AWD wagon version or AWD hatch version springs?

springs were ordered separately, not whole kit.

Eibach doesn't offer ZERO Lowering kits 😞, i were interested on add stiffness.

by part codes must be identical

front F11-85-043-02-FA (from Audi Q2)

rear F11-79-008-01-HA (from 4x4)

on rear i expected extra +10 mm to OEM DCC

as in this example, same rear springs on 2.0 FWD hatch

-> https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/478335-does-the-sportline-have-stiffer-suspension/?do=findComment&comment=5573227

but on rear got -12mm, acceptable, but why . .

My 220 Superb with DCC, Eibach Pro-kit springs, and 245/40/19 tyres measures (top of wheel arch to centre hub) 345mm (front) and 340mm (rear).

1690921972_PXL_20221204_0206476512.thumb.jpg.f06951d4666ca4e7b87748f13bb4ec03.jpg

Edited by JR RS
  • Like 1

On 02/12/2022 at 15:48, Donweather said:

I could have sworn there was different rear springs for a hatch vs wagon to account for the issue the wagon would likely have more loaded weight.  Let me check what I have from Eibach.

I checked my parts before they were installed:

Eibach F11-79-012-04-22 Pro-Kit

Rear springs F11-79-008-01-HA

Front Springs F11-85-042-03-FA

The Eibach information I have doesn't distinguish between wagon or estate in the above, but I do note from the information I have that if your's isn't the 4*4 then you should have E10-79-012-03-22 (which has rears F11-79-008-01-HA and fronts F11-85-041-01-VA which are different).

Here's a pic of mine.  If you look closely you can see the gap in the wheel arch from the top of the tyre is less in the rear that the front.  It's a little harder to see the full gap due to the shadow, but you can see some difference.

Car Lowered.jpg

So turns out my eye visuals aren't too far off.  Compared before (stock sportline springs with DCC) and after (Eibach pro for AWD wagon) measurements front and rear (measured both from ground to arch and hub centre to arch) are:

Fronts lowered 25mm

Rears lowered 30mm

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Folks,

Wonder if any of you can point me in the right direction....

I have a 2017 150 diesel Sportline, have recently replaced the shocks with B4 replacements. The car is at 60k, and the handling was becoming dangerous!! The shocks have now been fitted for ~600 miles, but the feel is not 100%. I had the alignment checked in the first instance... but it was just needing one minor adjustment to correct.

Feels like the car is not as planted as it should be, still bounces uncomfortably at slow speeds through town/rough roads. Country roads the car feels much better with the new shocks at 40-60 mph, through a rough bend is not such a concern anymore, the support is greatly improved....

The slow speed discomfort is now the issue... I feel my rear springs may need replaced. The crashy/unspottedness seems to be from the rear more than the front. Struggling to nail down how to confirm the springs I need. This seems like it would be the next step to try and improve the ride....

On a side note, I have fitted a towbar to the car when bought at 45k, so the rear has had more load for around 5/600 miles of the last 15k. Wouldn't have expected that to cause issues with the springs, but maybe the standard ones aren't capable enough of the extra load. (Although just occasional use - with a 1-1.5t trailer (60/70kg nose weight)) I note reading some posts with regards cars with factory towbar's possibly having uprated springs.

If anyone can point me in the right direction to confirm standard replacement springs, or alternatively a more suitable spring to compensate for the occasional towing? I don't believe I need a hugely stronger spring, as the car spends most of its time lightly loaded.... Just the 5/6 times away with family in the year full with gear (often with bikes on the towbar) and occasional towing single axle trailer at 1.5t max.

Many thanks for any help

Marc 

29 minutes ago, mruss5891 said:

Hi Folks,

Wonder if any of you can point me in the right direction....

I have a 2017 150 diesel Sportline, have recently replaced the shocks with B4 replacements. The car is at 60k, and the handling was becoming dangerous!! The shocks have now been fitted for ~600 miles, but the feel is not 100%. I had the alignment checked in the first instance... but it was just needing one minor adjustment to correct.

Feels like the car is not as planted as it should be, still bounces uncomfortably at slow speeds through town/rough roads. Country roads the car feels much better with the new shocks at 40-60 mph, through a rough bend is not such a concern anymore, the support is greatly improved....

The slow speed discomfort is now the issue... I feel my rear springs may need replaced. The crashy/unspottedness seems to be from the rear more than the front. Struggling to nail down how to confirm the springs I need. This seems like it would be the next step to try and improve the ride....

On a side note, I have fitted a towbar to the car when bought at 45k, so the rear has had more load for around 5/600 miles of the last 15k. Wouldn't have expected that to cause issues with the springs, but maybe the standard ones aren't capable enough of the extra load. (Although just occasional use - with a 1-1.5t trailer (60/70kg nose weight)) I note reading some posts with regards cars with factory towbar's possibly having uprated springs.

If anyone can point me in the right direction to confirm standard replacement springs, or alternatively a more suitable spring to compensate for the occasional towing? I don't believe I need a hugely stronger spring, as the car spends most of its time lightly loaded.... Just the 5/6 times away with family in the year full with gear (often with bikes on the towbar) and occasional towing single axle trailer at 1.5t max.

Many thanks for any help

Marc 

If you get your car's build codes you should be able to work out what parts the car left the factory with, such as springs and shock absorbers.

There is an ebay seller that can supply these for about 3 Euros. Search "skoda vin decoder" on ebay.

search "skoda vin decoder" on ebay for your car's build codes

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/224631127243

Here are some front springs from the Superb MK3 parts catalogue

1 5Q0411105HL Coil spring
2 paint marks

brown
2 PR-L25  
1 5Q0411105HM Coil spring
1 paint mark
1 paint mark

brown
Grey
2 PR-L26  
1 5Q0411105HN Coil spring
1 paint mark
1 paint mark

Grey
yellow
2 PR-L27  
1 5Q0411105HP Coil spring
1 paint mark
1 paint mark

Grey
orange
2 PR-L28  
1 5Q0411105HQ Coil spring
1 paint mark
1 paint mark

Grey
red
2 PR-L29  
1 5Q0411105HR Coil spring
1 paint mark
1 paint mark

Grey
violet
2 PR-L30  
1 5Q0411105HS Coil spring
1 paint mark
1 paint mark

Grey
blue
2 PR-L31  
1 5Q0411105HT Coil spring
1 paint mark
1 paint mark

Grey
green
2 PR-L32  
1 5Q0411105DQ Coil spring
1 paint mark
1 paint mark
1 paint mark

yellow
brown
red
2 PR-L35  
1 5Q0411105GF Coil spring
1 paint mark
1 paint mark

blue
orange
2 PR-L01  
1 5Q0411105GG Coil spring
1 paint mark
1 paint mark

blue
red
2 PR-L02  
1 5Q0411105GH Coil spring
1 paint mark
1 paint mark

blue
violet
2 PR-L03  
1 5Q0411105GJ Coil spring
2 paint marks

blue
2 PR-L04  
1 5Q0411105GK Coil spring
1 paint mark
1 paint mark

blue
green
2 PR-L05  
1 5Q0411105GL Coil spring
1 paint mark
1 paint mark

blue
brown
2 PR-L06  
1 5Q0411105GM Coil spring
1 paint mark
1 paint mark

blue
Grey
2 PR-L07  
1 5Q0411105GN Coil spring
1 paint mark
1 paint mark

green
white
2 PR-L08  
1 5Q0411105GP Coil spring
1 paint mark
1 paint mark

green
yellow
2 PR-L09  
1 5Q0411105GQ Coil spring
1 paint mark
1 paint mark

green
orange
2 PR-L10  
1 5Q0411105GT Coil spring
1 paint mark
1 paint mark

green
blue
2 PR-L13  
1 5Q0411105HA Coil spring
2 paint marks

green
2 PR-L14  
1 5Q0411105HB Coil spring
1 paint mark
1 paint mark

green
brown
2 PR-L15  
1 3Q0411105 Coil spring
1 paint mark
1 paint mark
1 paint mark

yellow
red
yellow
2 PR-L42  
1 5Q0411105HC Coil spring
1 paint mark
1 paint mark

green
Grey
2 PR-L16  
1 5Q0411105HD Coil spring
1 paint mark
1 paint mark

brown
white
2 PR-L17  
1 5Q0411105HE Coil spring
1 paint mark
1 paint mark

brown
yellow
2 PR-L18  
1 5Q0411105HF Coil spring
1 paint mark
1 paint mark

brown
orange
2 PR-L19  
1 5Q0411105HG Coil spring
1 paint mark
1 paint mark
  2 PR-L20  

Here are some front shock absorbers from the Superb MK3 parts catalogue

8 3Q0413031BG Gas shock absorber
D >> - 29.07.2018
  2 PR-G01  
8 3Q0413031CR Gas shock absorber
D - 30.07.2018>>
  2 PR-G01,G02  
8 3Q0413031BF Gas shock absorber
D >> - 29.07.2018
  2 PR-G01  
8 3Q0413031CQ Gas shock absorber
D - 30.07.2018>>
  2 PR-G01  
8 3Q0413031BG Gas shock absorber
D >> - 29.07.2018
  2 PR-G02  
8 3Q0413031CR Gas shock absorber
D - 30.07.2018>>
  2 PR-G01,G02  
8 3Q0413031BF Gas shock absorber
D >> - 29.07.2018
  2 PR-G02  
8 3Q0413031CQ Gas shock absorber
D - 30.07.2018>>
  2 PR-G02  
8 3Q0413031BJ Gas shock absorber
D >> - 29.07.2018
  2 PR-G03  
8 3Q0413031CT Gas shock absorber
D - 30.07.2018>>
  2 PR-G03  
8 3Q0413031BH Gas shock absorber
D >> - 29.07.2018
  2 PR-G03  
8 3Q0413031CS Gas shock absorber
D - 30.07.2018>>
  2 PR-G03  

Here are some rear springs from the Superb MK3 parts catalogue

1 3Q0511115AH Coil spring   2 PR-1JA+0YA  
1 3Q0511115AJ Coil spring   2 PR-1JA+0YB  
1 3Q0511115AK Coil spring   2 PR-1JA+0YC  
1 3Q0511115AL Coil spring   2 PR-1JA+0YD  
1 3Q0511115M Coil spring   2 PR-1JA+0YE  
1 3Q0511115N Coil spring   2 PR-1JA+0YF  
1 3Q0511115P Coil spring   2 PR-1JA+0YG  
1 3Q0511115Q Coil spring   2 PR-1JA+0YH  
1 3Q0511115R Coil spring   2 PR-1JA+0YJ  
1 3Q0511115BC Coil spring   2 PR-1JA+0YK  
1 3Q0511115S Coil spring   2 PR-1JC+0YA  
1 3Q0511115T Coil spring   2 PR-1JC+0YB  
1 3Q0511115AA Coil spring   2 PR-1JC+0YC  
1 3Q0511115AB Coil spring   2 PR-1JC+0YD  
1 3Q0511115AC Coil spring   2 PR-1JC+0YE  
1 3Q0511115AD Coil spring   2 PR-1JC+0YF  
1 3Q0511115BH Coil spring   2 PR-1JC+0YG  
1 3Q0511115AE Coil spring   2 PR-1JC+0YH  
1 3Q0511115AF Coil spring   2 PR-1JC+0YJ  
1 3Q0511115AG Coil spring   2 PR-1JC+0YK  
1 3Q0511115BD Coil spring   2 PR-1JC+0YL  
1 3Q0511115BG Coil spring   2 PR-UC7+0YA  
1 3Q0511115AN Coil spring   2 PR-UC7+0YB  
1 3Q0511115AP Coil spring   2 PR-UC7+0YC  
1 3Q0511115AQ Coil spring   2 PR-UC7+0YD  
1 3Q0511115AR Coil spring   2 PR-UC7+0YE  
1 3Q0511115AS Coil spring   2 PR-UC7+0YF  
1 3Q0511115AT Coil spring   2 PR-UC7+0YG  
1 3Q0511115BA Coil spring   2 PR-UC7+0YH  
1 3Q0511115BB Coil spring   2 PR-UC7+0YJ  
1 3Q0511115BE Coil spring   2 PR-UC7+0YK  

Here are some rear shock absorbers from the Superb MK3 parts catalogue

7 3Q0513049FP Gas shock absorber rear 2 PR-1JA  
7 3Q0513049FN Gas shock absorber rear 2 PR-1JA  
7 3Q0513049FP Gas shock absorber rear 2 PR-1JC  
7 3Q0513049FN Gas shock absorber rear 2 PR-1JC  
7 3Q0513049FT Gas shock absorber rear 2 PR-UC7  

VW codes decoder

1JA = Rear shock absorption, basic design 1
1JC = Rear shock absorption for sports design
UC7 = Rear shock absorption, chassis with increased ride height

http://igorweb.org/equidec.aspx

Edited by Carlston

Which Bilstein B4 front shock absorbers did you fit?

You may have accidentally fitted front shock absorbers for increased ride height, which is the complete opposite of what you want for the sportline with its presumably lowered ride height.

To avoid this kind of mistake, it's important to match the OEM part number of your factory shock absorbers with the list of OEM part numbers that the particular Bilstein B4 shock absorber is sold to replace.

Edited by Carlston

8 hours ago, Carlston said:

Which Bilstein B4 front shock absorbers did you fit?

You may have accidentally fitted front shock absorbers for increased ride height, which is the complete opposite of what you want for the sportline with its presumably lowered ride height.

To avoid this kind of mistake, it's important to match the OEM part number of your factory shock absorbers with the list of OEM part numbers that the particular Bilstein B4 shock absorber is sold to replace.

thanks @Carlston, for the detailed response. I’ve purchased a vin decoder.. so see what that comes back with. Assume this is more info than the sticker in the boot?

regards the B4 shocks, I have read your post within this thread on this… last night before posting my query today. The shocks I purchased are the only B4 standard shocks offered on Bilsteins website….

EEEA543C-B2F5-406D-B871-B29DC8952A49.thumb.jpeg.47241479f6541c45e0b9da657cb09b96.jpeg

so, once I have the info to identify standard shocks, I will review the post you had up. Bit worried/confused why Bilstein wouldn’t offer the Passat shocks you identified as a fitment against the superb. Looking like this is going to be a costly issue if it is the shocks that are an issue /mis-fitment…

I checked these shocks against Bilstein, autodoc, and a post on the forum that stated them as a fitment for the superb…. 

I’ll update post with anything found out… resolution for my dodgy handling… 🙈 fitting B4’s was supposed to be the more cost efficient/sensible ‘it’s just a box for getting A to B’  option, rather than paying twice the price for B6’s or konis! 

The Bilstein B4 front 22-232342 and rear 19-232362 shock absorbers that you list are the only Bilstein B4 shock absorbers that are listed on autodoc that cover some of the OEM part numbers for the Superb MK3 FWD without electronic suspension control.

I don't know if you have a white sticker/label under the carpet in the spare wheel well area, because someone suggested that Skoda stopped doing this around 2015/16 model years. Howver, that not be totally accurate information. The white label only includes some of the build codes, perhaps around 40 of them. The actual number of build codes is much higher, perhaps around 140.

When you get all your build codes, I find it useful to sort them into alphanumerical order.

To determine your front springs, you are looking for a build code between L01 and L35.

To determine your front shock absorbers, you are looking for build code G01 or G02 or G03.

To determine your rear springs, you are looking for a build code between 0YA and 0YL, and whether you have build code 1JA or 1JC or UC7.

To determine your rear shock absorbers, you are looking for build code 1JA or 1JC or UC7.

Edited by Carlston

17 hours ago, Carlston said:

The Bilstein B4 front 22-232342 and rear 19-232362 shock absorbers that you list are the only Bilstein B4 shock absorbers that are listed on autodoc that cover some of the OEM part numbers for the Superb MK3 FWD without electronic suspension control.

I don't know if you have a white sticker/label under the carpet in the spare wheel well area, because someone suggested that Skoda stopped doing this around 2015/16 model years. Howver, that not be totally accurate information. The white label only includes some of the build codes, perhaps around 40 of them. The actual number of build codes is much higher, perhaps around 140.

When you get all your build codes, I find it useful to sort them into alphanumerical order.

To determine your front springs, you are looking for a build code between L01 and L35.

To determine your front shock absorbers, you are looking for build code G01 or G02 or G03.

To determine your rear springs, you are looking for a build code between 0YA and 0YL, and whether you have build code 1JA or 1JC or UC7.

To determine your rear shock absorbers, you are looking for build code 1JA or 1JC or UC7.

Thanks Carlston,

I got all my build codes last night, yeah significantly more than the sticker has in the boot. Too add to that, my 2017 car does have a sticker in the boot (it's a 09/16 build). I managed to decode between my build code and the original long list of part codes you posted first that I have....

5Q0411105HD

Coil spring
1 paint mark
1 paint mark

brown
white

PR-L17

3Q0413031BG

Gas shock absorber
D >> - 29.07.2018

PR-G02

3Q0511115T

Coil spring

PR-1JC+0YB

3Q0513049FP

Gas shock absorber

rear

PR-1JC

3Q0513049FN

Gas shock absorber

rear

PR-1JC

Guessing the rear shocks can be either of the 2 part no.s... I've started a communication with Bilstein, hopefully they will come back to me asap. With a confirmation of these B4's not been suitable, and a better recommendation if required...

In the meantime, going to review old shocks & try and find paint mark/numbers on springs to confirm all of these...

Cheers.

3 hours ago, mruss5891 said:

Thanks Carlston,

I got all my build codes last night, yeah significantly more than the sticker has in the boot. Too add to that, my 2017 car does have a sticker in the boot (it's a 09/16 build). I managed to decode between my build code and the original long list of part codes you posted first that I have....

5Q0411105HD

Coil spring
1 paint mark
1 paint mark

brown
white

PR-L17

3Q0413031BG

Gas shock absorber
D >> - 29.07.2018

PR-G02

3Q0511115T

Coil spring

PR-1JC+0YB

3Q0513049FP

Gas shock absorber

rear

PR-1JC

3Q0513049FN

Gas shock absorber

rear

PR-1JC

Guessing the rear shocks can be either of the 2 part no.s... I've started a communication with Bilstein, hopefully they will come back to me asap. With a confirmation of these B4's not been suitable, and a better recommendation if required...

In the meantime, going to review old shocks & try and find paint mark/numbers on springs to confirm all of these...

Cheers.

Yes, the rear shock absorbers could be either 3Q0513049FN or 3Q0513049FP. The KYB and Sachs rear shock absorbers listed on autodoc cover both of these OEM part numbers, so if you were going for these aftermarket shock absorbers it wouldn't matter which OEM part number your car originally came with out of those two OEM part numbers.

The rear Bilstein shock absorbers that you purchased are only listed against the increased ride height part number, which is the complete opposite of the sports/lowered ride height that you have. Saying that, many of the rear aftermarket shock absorbers use a one size fits all approach, so sell just one rear shock absorber to cover sports/lowered suspension, standard ride height suspension, and increased ride height suspension (sometime called off-road suspension and/or heavy-duty suspension).

Anyhow, because of this discrepancy with the Bilstein rear shock absorbers, I would have probably gone for either Sachs or KYB rear shock absorbers. The Sachs and KYB are both sold to replace all three OEM part numbers. Maybe the Bilstein will be fine with all three ride heights, but maybe not.

Rear shock absorbers for Superb MK3 FWD

7 3Q0513049FP Gas shock absorber rear 2 PR-1JA  
7 3Q0513049FN Gas shock absorber rear 2 PR-1JA  
7 3Q0513049FP Gas shock absorber rear 2 PR-1JC  
7 3Q0513049FN Gas shock absorber rear 2 PR-1JC  
7 3Q0513049FT Gas shock absorber rear 2 PR-UC7

Edited by Carlston

Kilen and KYB list these springs for the standard ride height Superb MK3 2.0TDI 150HP hatchback.

5Q0411105GM Kilen 25117, KYB RA1089

1 5Q0411105GM Front Coil Spring
1 paint mark
1 paint mark

Blue
Grey
2 PR-L07

Wire diameter 12.25mm, Length 315mm, Weight 1.7kg (specification taken from gknautomotive.com)

3Q0511115AK Kilen 65124, KYB RA5330

1 3Q0511115AK Rear Coil Spring   2 PR-1JA+0YC

Wire diameter 12.25mm, Length 364mm, Weight 2.2kg (specification taken from gknautomotive.com)

Your sports/lowered ride height springs

5Q0411105HD

1 5Q0411105HD

Front Coil Spring
1 paint mark
1 paint mark

brown
white
2 PR-L17

Wire diameter 12.25mm, Length 284mm, Weight 1.7kg (specification taken from gknautomotive.com)

3Q0511115T

1 3Q0511115T Rear Coil Spring   2 PR-1JC+0YB

Wire diameter 12.75mm, Length 324mm (specification taken from eibach and includes 3Q0511115AA which is one weight range higher, so actual 3Q0511115T is probably a slightly lighter spring than this perhaps having a wire diameter of between 12.25mm and 12.5mm)

With aftermarket springs, there tends to be much less choice of sports/lowered springs with many OEM part numbers not available. This is one reason for sticking to or changing to standard ride height springs if you like to replace your old broken springs with aftermarket springs. Plus of course, standard ride height springs tend to give a softer and more comfortable ride. Not forgetting the increased ride height and improved ground clearance.

https://www.kilensprings.com/springs-catalouges/onlinecatalogue.asp

https://kyb-europe.com/catalogue/

https://www.gknautomotive.com/

Edited by Carlston

• 3 weeks later...

Well heard back from Bilstein this last couple of days… 

56DD54D1-1CDB-48C7-A1A9-D264D58D8052.thumb.jpeg.028fd0f3e2fa8d449139e762b1d44686.jpeg

strange response, I’m sure there has to be a few people on here with sportline model that have fitted B6’s or B8’s… I’m lost as what direction to head in… approaching the supplier of the shocks appears like a poss non-starter especially as they are advertised on Bilstein as fitting all models!

my current plan is to see if I can find a matching set of OE shocks from a Passat, or something else similar as a possible way to matching up to a more suitable set of B4’s. 

36 minutes ago, mruss5891 said:

Well heard back from Bilstein this last couple of days… 

56DD54D1-1CDB-48C7-A1A9-D264D58D8052.thumb.jpeg.028fd0f3e2fa8d449139e762b1d44686.jpeg

strange response, I’m sure there has to be a few people on here with sportline model that have fitted B6’s or B8’s… I’m lost as what direction to head in… approaching the supplier of the shocks appears like a poss non-starter especially as they are advertised on Bilstein as fitting all models!

my current plan is to see if I can find a matching set of OE shocks from a Passat, or something else similar as a possible way to matching up to a more suitable set of B4’s. 

Although can get a set of 4 KYB’s that match OEM numbers for less than £200 on eBay with discount code just now… not sure how KYB compare to Bilstein.. been my go to for replacements the last few cars… 

42 minutes ago, mruss5891 said:

Bien escuchado de Bilstein estos últimos días... 

/cdn-cgi/mirage/a72759658eb1804ce1c8b7307e98775ad54e8f975f7a4f10a2fc6889db85e744/1280/https://www.briskoda.net/forums/uploads/monthly_2023_01/56DD54D1-1CDB-48C7-A1A9-D264D58D8052.thumb.jpeg.028fd0f3e2fa8d449139e762b1d44686.jpeg

respuesta extraña, estoy seguro de que tiene que haber algunas personas aquí con un modelo sportline que se ha ajustado a B6 o B8 ... No sé en qué dirección dirigirme ... acercarse al proveedor de los amortiguadores parece una posibilidad imposible. ¡especialmente porque se anuncian en Bilstein como aptos para todos los modelos!

mi plan actual es ver si puedo encontrar un juego de amortiguadores OE de un Passat, o algo similar como una forma posible de combinar con un juego de B4 más adecuado. 

I did not complicate myself and put Sachs biturbo and run.  They are very similar to the B4 or even better.