Latest software update

jonbon0

3 minutes ago, AndyT60 said:

Since my last update, I have noticed on 2 occasions (for no obvious reason)  that my in car clock is out by 5 or so hours and I have had to reset the time. Has anyone else experienced this? No further SOS faults though..

Hi Andy. Our clock also went wrong regularly, but once I set it to internet time it has always shown the correct time.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so here is my situation

Car is built Aug 2020.

Had assistance errors popping up since beginning. Also had numerous updates done. 

Had my SOS unit replaced waaay back in Q1 2021.

Despite all these updates being done i still have all the same errors. 90% of these are SOS fault and Travel assist fault. Once in a while park assist also pops up, but it is very rare. 

I do not have any problems with a/c or screen loading up or similar. 

Until now i had software 1688, today i got 1806 and hw unit ending G (shift from C). 

In the first place, the car went in to a garage for those error reasons. Beside these software updates there were some protocols updated as well, but first thing after i turned the car in SOS and travel assist error popped. 

So the big news now is i was told i will have my stearing wheel replaced (for the record - 3 spike heated sport wheel) Apparently the technical dept. told them this could be the issue for all these errors. 

So fingers crossed, this will happen soon and that it rrsolves it. Because the car is not fit for driving at the moment. Annoying error sound is popping all the time. On monday i am returning my car until it gets fixed. 

So to continue my sarga. My dealer had the car back 4th time for 1 week in total. Uk skoda on the case still with it all. Most things now work. But the issues that linger on are with maps back settings. I have been told that nothing can be done until skoda have addressed this with a software update that they say is now a worldwide problem. And that when it is done i will get a call back from my dealer. On the whole my full list of problems has been resolved to a point. But I will still continue to bug the hell out of my skoda uk case manager until i have a full fix. 

IMG_20210823_155113_edit_80406294597626.jpg

Sorry to hear about all these issues on the Octavia. I pick mine up in around 2 weeks. What should I be looking for when doing the handover at the dealers. What is the latest version out there that we know of.

Many thanks,

John

Hi, it all depends on what version your head unit is. Unfortunately you just won't be able to sit there and try everything out. Some people have been lucky while others worldwide have not. I can only speak about my vrs but hopefully your car will be ok. Its so hard with software on anything but i just don't think they tested it enough before releasing. All i said to skoda uk was you wouldn't buy a kettle that didn't boil water so why should i put up with software that doesn't do what it is stated to do. Good luck fingers crossed for you. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, weehappypixie said:

Sorry to hear about all these issues on the Octavia. I pick mine up in around 2 weeks. What should I be looking for when doing the handover at the dealers. What is the latest version out there that we know of.

Many thanks,

John

It will tricky to find the many issues people have had whilst at handover but there are a few obvious things - the kph/mph selection being one of them. Also SatNav units being selectable; saving favourite destinations seem to be an issue for some, though not one I have experienced.

As @DSG245 mentioned some cars are fine, some not. My SEL FE had the infamous kph/mph problem and was the test vehicle for the fix. Thankfully that is sorted, as is the ACC (which used to be confused about which side I could overtake). The occasional niggle remains, like the SOS system clicking and popping but it drives beautifully, and all things work as they should.

Whilst mine was off the road for 20 weeks I had a loan Octy4 1.0 e-Tec SE FE. It worked faultlessly for the 8500 miles I put on the clock.

The impression I get is that the latest build cars are better than my early build, so with luck yours will be fine.

Hope you enjoy your new car as much as I now am mine 😊

• Like 1

On 07/10/2021 at 14:49, Antera said:

All units from skoda can go to 1806

Even the first device PN finishing by xxxx5816 (no letter)?

Have you got a reliable source for this?

• 3 months later...

FYI: I had a call-in to update the software

They installed version 1803

The stated reason was:

- fixes issues with rear camera image

- fixes AC controls not being responsive

I had version 1788.

I had the listed problems, but only every now and then, so can't say if there is any difference (yet).

Funny, other report they had version 1803 already in august, in this thread:

So, is there anything newer than 1803 ? (I'll also ask in the mentioned thread, as it seems more relevant)

Edited by xerces8

3 hours ago, xerces8 said:

The stated reason was:

I had version 1788.

I had the listed problems, but only every now and then, so can't say if there is any difference (yet).

Funny, other report they had version 1803 already in august, in this thread:

So, is there anything newer than 1803 ? (I'll also ask in the mentioned thread, as it seems more relevant)

This was the response from the service centre where my car had its E-Call module replaced.  They detail a number of different software versions.  So there are higher versions but not all cars are compatible....

The SOS warning lamp and the clicking from the E Call speaker and the intermittent fault with the ACC have been rectified by replacing the defective E Call Control Module, which was causing numerous ethernet communication interruptions and putting various control modules into emergency operation. 
We are aware of the different software levels for the MIB3 (1788 / 1803 / 1804 / 1806 ) but installing any other software is not recommended by the factory for your particular vehicle and media unit updating to a version different than the current version installed may cause software incompatibility with the rest of the modules and the software levels installed in your vehicle. 
Some of the vehicles may run on MIB 301 Unit with software level 1804 / 1806, but this does not mean these software levels would be any good for your vehicle configuration.
The next software that is compatible with your vehicle would be 5E3035816D 1888 and is planned for release by the factory in Quarter 2 year 2022.

Mine was updated this week to supposedly  “the latest issue that doesn’t cause other issues “ so this screen shot would seem to indicate that all these screen shots are meaningless or we are all being fobbed off

A04BBA74-6300-4870-B44A-D737B980FE79.jpeg

58 minutes ago, Nightowl said:

Mine was updated this week to supposedly  “the latest issue that doesn’t cause other issues “ so this screen shot would seem to indicate that all these screen shots are meaningless or we are all being fobbed off

We are not. Not all cars get the same updates. It depends on what components are build in the car. For some the latest is 1803, for some 1806 and for some 1810. My car for example was updated to the latest SW in mid December and I'm still on 1788. All updates for certain VIN are pushed from the factory. Once an updated is available, the garage sees that and they should call you to bring car in for the update.

7 hours ago, xerces8 said:

The stated reason was:

I had version 1788.

Oh here is the difference: in the only drive I made since, I got a "Front Assist is limited" warning message for all the duration of the trip. Which was short. After parking, restarting, the message was gone, just to reappear again, but this time only for a few seconds.

17 hours ago, TheUltraRunner said:

We are not. Not all cars get the same updates. It depends on what components are build in the car. For some the latest is 1803, for some 1806 and for some 1810. My car for example was updated to the latest SW in mid December and I'm still on 1788. All updates for certain VIN are pushed from the factory. Once an updated is available, the garage sees that and they should call you to bring car in for the update.

I think the problem is that the SW version being quoted is the infotainment system SW version, this says nothing about the SW versions of the other 20+ electronic modules in the car... so has no relevance when e.g. the ACC SW is updated.

The only meaningful comparison is by comparing the SW version of ALL the modules in the car, which cannot be read just from the infotainment system but needs a scan tool such as VCDS or OBD11.

Edited by PetrolDave
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, PetrolDave said:

I think the problem is that the SW version being quoted is the infotainment system SW version, this says nothing about the SW versions of the other 20+ electronic modules in the car... so has no relevance when e.g. the ACC SW is updated.

The only meaningful comparison is by comparing the SW version of ALL the modules in the car, which cannot be read just from the infotainment system but needs a scan tool such as VCDS or OBD11.

Exactly. This is why it's impossible to determine if a certain car has the latest update or not based on comparison with other cars. 

1 hour ago, TheUltraRunner said:

Exactly. This is why it's impossible to determine if a certain car has the latest update or not based on comparison with other cars. 

It IS possible (by quoting the SW version of ALL modules using a suitable diagnostic tool), but NOT by just quoting the infotainment SW version - which is what has been happening in this forum for many months (and which I've commented on before) B)

Here's an analogy - modern cars are NOT like a PC, they are like a company network of multiple PCs - knowing the SW version of your PC tells nothing about the SW version of a PC in another department.

Edited by PetrolDave
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, PetrolDave said:

It IS possible (by quoting the SW version of ALL modules using a suitable diagnostic tool), but NOT by just quoting the infotainment SW version - which is what has been happening in this forum for many months (and which I've commented on before) B)

I remember this! And I think I was involved in that topic. 😁 That was the initial theory which was soon shattered to pieces.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello guys!

I am new at this forum so I want to greet everyone here :)

I am waiting for my new Octavia 2.0 TDI 150 HP DSG Style + some additional equipment.
Where I can find information about software release for Octavia? I see that you have information when new software will came out so I want to know where to check latest version 
available and then check version in my car when it arrives :)

It should be week 12th 2022.

Hi @ParaNO1501d

Welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately there is no list or something similar where you could check what is the latest SW available for your car. The only ones who can check if any new update is available for your car is your dealer. They can check if the factory has released any new SW for your VIN. This is because majority of our cars are unique, equipped with different HW components, etc. And if my car for example has SW 1804, it doesn't automatically means the same SW is also available for your car.

What I can tell you is that some of the newly delivered cars already have SW version 1889 (according to German forum).

3 hours ago, zetzet said:

Newest Skoda software with the new hardware is 1889. Mine has it. Older hardware is supposed to be receiving the big update sometime in March according to rumors, but nothing is confirmed.

Mine vRS, which i picked up this week, is also with that software and hardware. No issues so far (done about 1k km).

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, TomTom88 said:

Mine vRS, which i picked up this week, is also with that software and hardware. No issues so far (done about 1k km).

Same, I only had issues with android auto, but I assume that's just android auto being buggy, it's not exactly known for being rock solid. Also one app acts dumb. I use Replaio for online radio, it works perfectly fine if you open the app after the car is powered on, but if you leave the app open and start the car again it starts in low volume, the only fix is to go into another music app and back. So now I just stopped leaving it open, using Spotify or just FM radio instead. 

On 12/02/2022 at 07:41, TheUltraRunner said:

Hi @ParaNO1501d

Welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately there is no list or something similar where you could check what is the latest SW available for your car. The only ones who can check if any new update is available for your car is your dealer. They can check if the factory has released any new SW for your VIN. This is because majority of our cars are unique, equipped with different HW components, etc. And if my car for example has SW 1804, it doesn't automatically means the same SW is also available for your car.

What I can tell you is that some of the newly delivered cars already have SW version 1889 (according to German forum).

Thank you!

I am from Croatia, so I will see which version will be with my car. Also I will ask dealer to update software to newest version of there will be one before I pick up my car :)

• Like 1