Tested and working coding Octavia mk4

I did some coding on my mk7 golf. Told dealer about them when i was trading it to mk7.5. He had nothing bad to say about it.

For example switched fog lights as coming/leaving home lights to save xenons.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Joss1733 said:

if you have a new car ,why would you want anyone to try and upgrade anything?or rectify  faults when it is under warranty .it could make your warranty null and void and how much money could you end up paying?

Because you can!

I have a back room full of parts to put on my car, when it finally arrives! 

I'm pretty sure that I've never owned a car that was or is stock. The reason being that the manufacturer has a vision, however has to stick to EU rules. I for one don't, therefore as long as it's road legal, it's good to go. If I can, then I will. Software coding issues can be fixed, just as easily as hardware upgrade issues. If you want it stock, then please don't bother us that would rather not! Thank you and good by! 👋

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DNC said:

Because you can!

I have a back room full of parts to put on my car, when it finally arrives! 

I'm pretty sure that I've never owned a car that was or is stock. The reason being that the manufacturer has a vision, however has to stick to EU rules. I for one don't, therefore as long as it's road legal, it's good to go. If I can, then I will. Software coding issues can be fixed, just as easily as hardware upgrade issues. If you want it stock, then please don't bother us that would rather not! Thank you and good by! 👋

what side of the bed did you get out of this morning.this site is for people to express there views on numerous things and most of the things effects us all.we may not agree with what people views are. that is why this site is so good to air there views .

• Groan 2

21 hours ago, Joss1733 said:

what side of the bed did you get out of this morning.this site is for people to express there views on numerous things and most of the things effects us all.we may not agree with what people views are. that is why this site is so good to air there views .

I'm always positive, so I call it my side of the bad. The other side is the wife's side of the bed, so she would get a bit annoyed otherwise!  LOL 

It's called personal choice. I and many others want to and can afford to spend our money the way we like! I've always purchased what I want for me and never worry about what others think! 

In short I think it's called personal choice and it's rather sad if you don't think that way! I feel really sorry for you and I hope that one day you can be as happy as I am! 

I pray for your release from the constraints of conformity. I sincerely do. 

• Love it! 1

20 minutes ago, cheezemonkhai said:

ColinD already commented on the thread, so I will just point out that we won’t be carrying on an argument past that point.

Just accept people have different views and speak to others as you would like to be spoken to yourself 👍

I totally agree and now so have I; particularly as the retort was directed at myself and not.your good self. Have a good evening all. 👍👍

Coding is an interesting one, I did it on my last few cars up to Golf 7.5. However I was concerned in one respect, I was happy selling the car back to a dealer with adaptions (none power related), but if you sell it to a private buyer when the car is in warranty that's another issue if you fail to declare them....... You are potentially selling the car and significant hassle/risk if something goes wrong, they may win the case in court but its your fault for doing it and not declaring it.

I definitely wont be touching the Mk4 software until Skoda fix the sh!te software first, I don't want to give them any excuse or any chance of trying to blame me, because they will if they can!

On 21/11/2021 at 15:40, petopzdiag said:

Please no spam only post new coding that is not here... if you like the manual give me a like thx

OCTAVIA IV CODING
tested working coding obdeleven

To verify 3 steps  unlock SFD, 1 is registration add name ... which was normal, then parking  brake must be on, hood open, ignition on...  SFD unlock each module in aplication , not only 1 , u need to unlock all...

Lane Assist to "Last setting" (asistent jazdného pruhu na "posledné nastavenie" )
EN- driver assistance (module A5) > long coding > Configuration for lane departure warning KI15 > change to "last setting"
SK-  asistencia vodiča (modul A5) > dlhé kódovanie > Konfigurácia upozornenia na vybočenie z jazdného pruhu KI15 > zmena na "posledné nastavenie"

VRS CLUSTER THEME:
Control unit 17 - Adaptations - view activation (Zobraziť aktiváciu) - all which are OFF should be ON (Set all views to active)

Speed warning:
Control unit 17 -long coding-speed warning take off or on 

G-meter:
Control unit 17 - adaption- configuration of displayable contents -set G-Meter -> active

Charging pressure ( turbo boost show) (zobrazenie turba):
Control unit 17 - adaption- configuration of displayable contents -set charging pressure to active (bost pressure)

Engine torque and Engine power:
Control unit 17 - adaption- configuration of displayable contents- engine power and torque set active

Oil temperature
Control unit 17 -long coding-oil temperature display-set active, this function factory set on..

Automat transmission temperature , oil temperature and coolant (water) temperature:
Control unit 17 - adaption- configuration of displayable contents- Transmission temperature set active

Disable seat belt warning:
Control unit 17 -long coding- seat belt warning verison1, version 2 or off- set off to turn off warning 

Show Volume to be Replenished (zobraziť kolko l dotankovať):
Control unit 17 -long coding: volume to be replenished  set  active or on

Laptimer:
Control unit 17 -long coding- lapcounter set to active or on,
other activation:
Control unit 17 - adaption- configuration of displayable contents -set lapcounter-active
Control unit 17 - adaption- personalization- display_laptimer to active

Staging, Needle Sweep, indicator celebration:
Control unit 17 -long coding-Staging set yes

Rear DRL Lights (rear daytime running lights) (zadné svetlá ako denné)
1.Module 09 - Electronic control unit
2.Adaptation
3.Daytime running light
4.Tagfahrlicht-Dauerfahrlicht aktiviert zusaetzlich Standlicht: - (Change value to On)
CONFIRMED WORKING

ADD Enable / Disable daytime running light in menu radio:
DRL In lighting menu (Attivazione e disattivazione delle diurne da menù)
- Select control unit 09
- Select Adaptation
- Select Daytime running lights ( Per gli italiani, Luci Diurne)
- Select Tagfahrlicht Aktivierung durch BAP oder Bedienfolge moeglich, Set to Active

Lock when car engine runs:
Control Unit 09
Adaptation
ZV allgemein
funk bei klemme15- set active
Menu  of control door locking view :

Menuesteuerung Tuerentriegelung: or in English Menu control door release:
-Select Multimedia 5F ecu
-Adaption
- Vehicle menu operation
menu_display_central_locking > not activated ( original is activated and where is off take on)menu_display_central_locking_over_threshold_high > not activated (set activated)

Hi friend!

Not working for me: Laptimer and Staging, Needle Sweep indicator celebration ☹️

Unlock SFD working ok and save all modifications ok, but then I don't see any change in my vehicle...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 21/11/2021 at 14:40, petopzdiag said:

Please no spam only post new coding that is not here... if you like the manual give me a like thx

OCTAVIA IV CODING
tested working coding obdeleven

To verify 3 steps  unlock SFD, 1 is registration add name ... which was normal, then parking  brake must be on, hood open, ignition on...  SFD unlock each module in aplication , not only 1 , u need to unlock all...

Lane Assist to "Last setting" (asistent jazdného pruhu na "posledné nastavenie" )
EN- driver assistance (module A5) > long coding > Configuration for lane departure warning KI15 > change to "last setting"
SK-  asistencia vodiča (modul A5) > dlhé kódovanie > Konfigurácia upozornenia na vybočenie z jazdného pruhu KI15 > zmena na "posledné nastavenie"

VRS CLUSTER THEME:
Control unit 17 - Adaptations - view activation (Zobraziť aktiváciu) - all which are OFF should be ON (Set all views to active)

Speed warning:
Control unit 17 -long coding-speed warning take off or on 

G-meter:
Control unit 17 - adaption- configuration of displayable contents -set G-Meter -> active

Charging pressure ( turbo boost show) (zobrazenie turba):
Control unit 17 - adaption- configuration of displayable contents -set charging pressure to active (bost pressure)

Engine torque and Engine power:
Control unit 17 - adaption- configuration of displayable contents- engine power and torque set active

Oil temperature
Control unit 17 -long coding-oil temperature display-set active, this function factory set on..

Automat transmission temperature , oil temperature and coolant (water) temperature:
Control unit 17 - adaption- configuration of displayable contents- Transmission temperature set active

Disable seat belt warning:
Control unit 17 -long coding- seat belt warning verison1, version 2 or off- set off to turn off warning 

Show Volume to be Replenished (zobraziť kolko l dotankovať):
Control unit 17 -long coding: volume to be replenished  set  active or on

Laptimer:
Control unit 17 -long coding- lapcounter set to active or on,
other activation:
Control unit 17 - adaption- configuration of displayable contents -set lapcounter-active
Control unit 17 - adaption- personalization- display_laptimer to active

Staging, Needle Sweep, indicator celebration:
Control unit 17 -long coding-Staging set yes

Rear DRL Lights (rear daytime running lights) (zadné svetlá ako denné)
1.Module 09 - Electronic control unit
2.Adaptation
3.Daytime running light
4.Tagfahrlicht-Dauerfahrlicht aktiviert zusaetzlich Standlicht: - (Change value to On)
CONFIRMED WORKING

ADD Enable / Disable daytime running light in menu radio:
DRL In lighting menu (Attivazione e disattivazione delle diurne da menù)
- Select control unit 09
- Select Adaptation
- Select Daytime running lights ( Per gli italiani, Luci Diurne)
- Select Tagfahrlicht Aktivierung durch BAP oder Bedienfolge moeglich, Set to Active

Lock when car engine runs:
Control Unit 09
Adaptation
ZV allgemein
funk bei klemme15- set active
Menu  of control door locking view :

Menuesteuerung Tuerentriegelung: or in English Menu control door release:
-Select Multimedia 5F ecu
-Adaption
- Vehicle menu operation
menu_display_central_locking > not activated ( original is activated and where is off take on)menu_display_central_locking_over_threshold_high > not activated (set activated)

Could you gives us a clue as to how you managed to unlock SFD. Thanks

What about changing the displayed car color in the welcome/goodbay screen of the IC and the car color in the main screen vehicle settings menu? Does it really needs to be gray?

2 hours ago, bmat said:

What about changing the displayed car color in the welcome/goodbay screen of the IC and the car color in the main screen vehicle settings menu? Does it really needs to be gray?

I thought it was matching the color of my car - Moon White - and that it similarly matched the colors of other cars.

• 3 weeks later...

So my Octavia is getting near to me. OBD11 with 2y pro subscription is waiting to arrive perhaps next week.

Could you guys confirm/assist me on the settings i'm planning to do for the RS iV.

• Headlight washer delay to 2500ms
  • Start/Stop button heartbeat (***)
  • ACC overtaking enable
  • Normal cruise
  • Light assistant memory
  • Daylight rear lights (****)
  • Trunk alarm sound off
  • Foglights on revers (if not alreadl)
  • Keep windows working after shutdown
  • Seatbelt warning disable (*)
  • Lock car when running (*****)
  • Needle sweed (Didnt see it enabled on youtube videos) (**)
  • Disable beeping when opening door when engine on

Are these are doable with OBD11?

I believe the headlight washer delay requires an SFD unlock, which is possible with the Pro?

Can someone confirm that these all are possible and has been done? Can i do all of them with the OBD11? (as much with long coding as possible)

I've got 200 credits, which i can also use. But would not like to spend all at once :)

Listed the ones i found some steps. Are they working?

* Control unit 17 -long coding- seat belt warning version1, version 2 or off- set off to turn off warning 

** Control unit 17 -long coding-Staging set yes

*** https://forum.obdeleven.com/thread/7261/engine-button-heartbeat-effect-keyless

**** 1.Module 09 - Electronic control unit 2.Adaptation 3.Daytime running light 4.Tagfahrlicht-Dauerfahrlicht aktiviert zusaetzlich Standlicht: - (Change value to On)

***** Control Unit 09 -> Adaptation -> ZV allgemein -> funk bei klemme15- set active

Edited by timster

• 2 months later...

I tried the "VRS CLUSTER THEME adaptation" both using the ODB11 built-in app and long coding (activating all the views) but it does not work on a MY23. The view appears but it does not have revs numbers nor a progress bar when the revs increase. It's static, so to speak. Please check the attached photo.

IMG20221001175011.jpg

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• 3 weeks later...

Cornering lights via fog lights activation .

Bonnet open, ignition on, adaptation, ignition off, after all restart MIB

09 CENTRAL ELECTRIC

·       Leuchte 12 NL L B45:                                                            Leuchte 16 BLK SL B42_C31

Lampendefektbitposition 12:                                                   38                                        38

Fehlerort mittleres Byte DTC-DFCC 12:       24                                       22

Lichtfunktion B 12:               Abbiegelicht links....................... same

Dimmwert ABC 12:                                     100                                      127

Lichtansteuerung HD ABC 12:      always             ........................................same

Dimmwert DEF 12; GHI 12; JKL 12:             0                                          0

Dimming Direction DEF 12; GHI 12; JKL 12:    maximize ...........................same

·       Leuchte 13 NL R B5                                                               Leuchte 17 BLK_SR B4_A61

Lampendefektbitposition 13:                                                         42                                       42

Fehlerort mittleres Byte DTC-DFCC 13:           25                                       23

Lichtfunktion B 13:           Abbiegelicht rechts......................        same

Dimmwert ABC 13:                                            100                                    127

Lichtansteuerung HD ABC 13:             always..........................................same

Dimmwert DEF 13; GHI 13; JKL 13:                     0                                          0

Dimming Direction DEF 13; GHI 13; JKL 13:   maximize..........................same

·       LWRKonfiguration:

Static AFS light:                                              ECE R119

Edited by bolix
  • Love it! 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

so no chance with the tablet, i ve bought OBDeleven.

And in just 5 minutes i ve change the lane assist to last setting ! so good to doesn't have to deactivate this 4 times a day

Next will by adding delay for headlight washer

21 hours ago, zorglub said:

so no chance with the tablet, i ve bought OBDeleven.

And in just 5 minutes i ve change the lane assist to last setting ! so good to doesn't have to deactivate this 4 times a day

Next will by adding delay for headlight washer

Let me know how you did the headlight washer delay!