That's bizarre! or maybe total borrox ...

MikeTheThinker

On 28/07/2022 at 23:16, mac11irl said:

right now id happily camp out in the garden with a 5.56 rifle and a ghilly suit if i could get my hands on them

Tricky. A ghilly suit is fairly easy (but a DPM printed sheet with a hole in it even easier and cheaper) I don’t know the firearm laws in the RoI, but a 5.56 is a little trickier.

Try an airsoft BB gun. They have enough power to sting, but not enough to injure. Priced from about £10 for a single action pistol up to ludicrous amounts. My electric AK47 ( bought for £19.99 as faulty, repaired for nothing) on full auto put the fear of God into the local furry thug who used our garden as a s***house. After the second time he hasn’t returned.

( I did it at night from an upstairs window with an outside light left on to give enough light. SWMBO thought I was mad sitting up in the dark, still she thinks I’m mad anyway)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BJM said:

Try an airsoft BB gun. They have enough power to sting, but not enough to injure.

All depending how good (or bad) your aim is, there's still the potential to take out an eye though. 🔫👁️

• Like 2
  • Groan 1

1 hour ago, john999boy said:

All depending how good (or bad) your aim is, there's still the potential to take out an eye though. 🔫👁️

It was the cats 3rd eye that he was aiming for!

• Haha 4

Some reading material. Personally, I think anyone who deliberately injures an animal (without good reason such as to end suffering of the animal) is an arsehole.

https://www.cps.gov.uk/legal-guidance/offences-involving-domestic-and-captive-animals

Edited by @Lee
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, @Lee said:

Some reading material. Personally, I think anyone who deliberately injures an animal (without good reason such as to end suffering of the animal) is an arsehole.

Agreed! This is one of the reasons I dislike cats.

• 4 weeks later...

"Plaid Cymru Councillor Threatens to Shoot English Visitors"

Scriven-post-copy.jpg?resize=601%2C703&s

Plaid Cymru councillor, Jon Scriven, has added border enforcement to his list of job responsibilities, alongside bin collection and potholes. In a since-deleted post on Facebook, Scriven was seen brandishing a firearm on a beach at Ogmore-by-Sea, and threatening to shoot any English people who might dare cross the channel. It was deleted yesterday after having been up for a fortnight.

https://order-order.com/2022/08/23/plaid-cymru-councillor-threatens-to-shoot-english-visitors/

• Confused 1

On 23/08/2022 at 22:48, MikeTheThinker said:

"Plaid Cymru Councillor Threatens to Shoot English Visitors"

Scriven-post-copy.jpg?resize=601%2C703&s

Plaid Cymru councillor, Jon Scriven, has added border enforcement to his list of job responsibilities, alongside bin collection and potholes. In a since-deleted post on Facebook, Scriven was seen brandishing a firearm on a beach at Ogmore-by-Sea, and threatening to shoot any English people who might dare cross the channel. It was deleted yesterday after having been up for a fortnight.

https://order-order.com/2022/08/23/plaid-cymru-councillor-threatens-to-shoot-english-visitors/

I'm always wary of anything by Paul Staines, Mike. 

Hopefully whoever was running the dyno test was OK. Bloody hell. 

The Tweet with an exploding engine on a Dyno test has gone and the account suspended. I know not why.

Screenshot_20220831-000811.thumb.png.3c4d4facbb7a7ad4a54abc0f274dd8e3.png

Edited by @Lee

I've just watched a vid by the Slow-mo guys.  It's a couple of years old, but they went to see a chap at CalTech, where they've been able to film the speed of light.  A trillion frames per second, or thereabouts.

I'm still trying to get my head around it.  Not sure I will.

Gaz

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Gaz said:

I've just watched a vid by the Slow-mo guys.  It's a couple of years old, but they went to see a chap at CalTech, where they've been able to film the speed of light.  A trillion frames per second, or thereabouts.

I'm still trying to get my head around it.  Not sure I will.

Gaz

Seen it a few years back, definitely weird.

in fact, ive just remembered, when you go the doc and he does a manual bp check, they use that spot on your elbow for pulse checking as to when the circulation stops for the readings

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mac11irl said:

when you go the doc

3 minutes ago, Breezy_Pete said:

I remember those days...

Hard to get a phone call let alone an actual in-person visit to a doc now!

The receptionist at my doctors told me they can only deal with one problem per appointment, so....

- I've got a face-to-face appointment next Friday to discuss a swelling on a finger joint that appeared while doing some DIY, &

- I've got a phone appointment (with a different doctor) the next Wednesday to discuss whether my blood pressure needs reducing.

I'd love to know how the doctor is going to measure my BP over the phone, and why it's more efficient to have two separate appointments ⁉️

• Sad 3