Infotainment System Restarting endlessly

On 17/06/2023 at 16:51, SkOmk4 said:

testing with "not share my position" in User Settings, as @Roman_K suggested.

Today while driving for about half an hour and some 30 km, I suddenly realized the car was making a call!!! 😡
I was in heavy traffic, outside the city, AA was running Waze and Radio was on - when I noticed the Radio went Off. But I was so caught with people chaotically changing lanes in front of me that I didn't pay attention for a couple of seconds. When I checked the infotainment screen I had a nice surprise: "Breakdown Call" - it was ongoing, calling.
I can't find a similar screen on the web to show you how it looked and I was not able to take a picture that quick. It was a full-screen call with some nice blue-ish picture as a background, with "Breakdown Call" as title, some text saying "Connecting..." to some service that I can't remember, and the red hang-up button at the bottom of the screen. Which I used to stop the call - since the car was fine.
With the "Breakdown Call" stopped, the infotainment was back on the Home screen not on AA. I manually restarted AA an I realized that it actually disconnected, since Waze no longer knew my destination.
Anyone else ever noticed a similar behavior?

On a different note: there was no infotainment reboot.

20 hours ago, dbskomo said:

That’s why I decided to go ahead and install 1941 yesterday.

A question for those of you brave enough to install the 1941 update: The update process - is it similar (or identical) to the one shown in the video below?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SkOmk4 said:

A question for those of you brave enough to install the 1941 update: The update process - is it similar (or identical) to the one shown in the video below?

It’s totally the same. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Anyone could check if 1941 is compatible with older cars (2020) with H56? Asking here because my dealer is unresponsive again and I still don't know if they can install it for me...

4 minutes ago, Edela said:

Anyone could check if 1941 is compatible with older cars (2020) with H56? Asking here because my dealer is unresponsive again and I still don't know if they can install it for me...

Is compatible with all hw versions

• Like 1
  • Love it! 1
  • Thanks 2

@Edela  check the video I linked above - the guy with the Golf mk8 has H56, see minute 17m57s

That's great news @Rainesh - it looks like there's some hope for all of us...
Let's just hope that Skoda is not capable of releasing another OTA to crash an already functional/stable SW... (as it was the case for me at least)

Screenshot 2023-06-19 at 15.53.06.png

Edited by SkOmk4
  • Like 3

On 18/06/2023 at 17:49, SkOmk4 said:

Today while driving for about half an hour and some 30 km, I suddenly realized the car was making a call!!! 😡
I was in heavy traffic, outside the city, AA was running Waze and Radio was on - when I noticed the Radio went Off. But I was so caught with people chaotically changing lanes in front of me that I didn't pay attention for a couple of seconds. When I checked the infotainment screen I had a nice surprise: "Breakdown Call" - it was ongoing, calling.
I can't find a similar screen on the web to show you how it looked and I was not able to take a picture that quick. It was a full-screen call with some nice blue-ish picture as a background, with "Breakdown Call" as title, some text saying "Connecting..." to some service that I can't remember, and the red hang-up button at the bottom of the screen. Which I used to stop the call - since the car was fine.
With the "Breakdown Call" stopped, the infotainment was back on the Home screen not on AA. I manually restarted AA an I realized that it actually disconnected, since Waze no longer knew my destination.
Anyone else ever noticed a similar behavior?

On a different note: there was no infotainment reboot.

Had that after a storm with stones, 3 weeks ago. 

First i thought that the car issued the breakdown call because my front bumper  touched the water. However when I popped the hood, the bay was completely dry, so the water hasnt come ever near to the engine, gearbox or other components.

i am going to assume it was another faulty behavior of 1896.

Regarding the discussed issue.

I am seeing the behavior one or twice a week. 
And sometimes I dont have an additional error on VC, sometimes I do have something related to parking sensors errors. 

I havent moved to 1900, as a friend of mine with an RS still faces the issue. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Jugaroo said:

Had that after a storm with stones, 3 weeks ago

In my case it was crystal clear weather, no stress on the car (only crazy traffic), quasi-constant speed... So really hard to explain why that call would be initiated in such a context.

1 hour ago, Jugaroo said:

I havent moved to 1900, as a friend of mine with an RS still faces the issue.

AFAIK it's v.1941 that was mentioned on other forums to solve the infotainment restart problem. So if your RS-friend is on SW 1900, the problem is still there. Did he install on his own, or did he get the update at a dealership?

3 hours ago, SkOmk4 said:

AFAIK it's v.1941 that was mentioned on other forums to solve the infotainment restart problem. So if your RS-friend is on SW 1900, the problem is still there. Did he install on his own, or did he get the update at a dealership?

OTA according to him.

And yes, I am aware about 1941, but until we have a confirmation that it solves the issue and it doesn't cause others, I won't be doing it. :)

I should've stayed with 1886. It was completely stable for my build.

My single problem was with sync of phone contacts then. It was completely minor. :)

Edited by Jugaroo
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, dbskomo said:

I did a 6-hour drive (515 km) without any single reboot

I think the verdict should come after longer testing...

That's because from my point of view there were two different behaviors of the infotainment:

- one is restarting (sometimes in a loop of several/or many restarts) some time later after the start of the car. This one I don't recall ever happening to me, and it's the behavior described in the first few pages of this topic - let's call it the original fault;

- the other one is the restart that occurs immediately after starting the engine (within 1-2 minutes), and it's usually a single reboot. This is the one that I also have, and it started manifesting itself after an OTA sometime in the second half of April. Between Oct.'22 an Apr.'23 I never had any reboot out of the blue - so that's a faulty update. 
My point is that for the second type of error, one might expect a single reboot (at the beginning of the trip) no-matter how long the trip is - assuming the car was not turned off during the trip. Two weekends ago I had a "record" of 10 consecutive trips (few of those were several hours long each) without infotainment reboot -> and I thought the solution was found: phone Wifi&BT turned Off. But the next weekend the reboot was back in the same conditions.

Which type of reboot did you have on your car? Is it a 2023 Octavia and still you were experiencing infotainment reboot? ☹️

Edited by SkOmk4

Do you guys know if installing this update (or any other update actually) could void the warranty of the car?
I am thinking about installing the update myself, because in my dealership (in Bulgaria) this will probably not happen soon.
And this issue is pretty annoying, considering that I have bought a brand new car, because I was tired of dealing with different issues on my MK1 20V Turbo.

• Like 1

Il y a 10 minutes, SkOmk4 a dit :

Je pense que le verdict devrait être un venir après des tests plus longs...

C'est parce que de mon point de vue il y a deux comportements différents de l'info-divertissement :

- sur redémarre (parfois dans une boucle de plusieurs/ou de nombreux redémarrages) plus après le début de la voiture. Celui que j'ai me rappeler qu'il ne m'arrive jamais, et c'est le comportement des premières pages de ce sujet - appelons-le la faute d'origine.

- l'autre est le redémarrage qui est immédiatement produit après le moteur du moteur (dans un délai de 1 à 2 minutes), et il s'agit d'un seul redémarrage. C'est que ce j'ai aussi, et il a commencé à se manifester après un OTA au cours de la seconde du mois d'avril. Entre octobre 22 avril 23, je n'ai jamais eu de redémarrage hors du bleu - donc c'est une mise une mise à jour défectueuseuse.
Mon point est que pour le deuxième type d'erreur, sur le sa convit à un seul redémarrage (au premier du voyage) sans que la durée du voyage - en soit supposant que la voiture n'ait pas pas pas été pendent le voyage. Il y a deux week-ends, j'ai eu un "record" de 10 voyages (quelques-dem pour-ci de longs) sans redémarrage d'info-conduit - et j'ai j'ai j'ai pensé que la solution est euq trouvé le téléphone Wifi-BT a miseint. Mais le week-end suivant, le redémarrage est de retour dans les conditions.

Quel type de redémarrage-vous-sur votre voiture ? Est-ce une Octavia 2023 et pourtant vous aviez un redémarrage de l'info-connaissement ? -

Il en va de même pour moi à partir de novembre 2022 (date de la transition de 1810 à 1896 en concession) jusqu'à la mi-avril 2023 0 redémarrer. mais depuis avril 2023, jour redémarrent 30 sec après le démarrage de la voiture... avec ou sans BT avec ou sans Wifi avec ou sans USB... Je trouve injuste qu'il est hors garantie d'avoir à payer au concessionnaire pour mettre le 1941. .. ce devrait être une mesure de qualité comme un rappel du fabricant ... que Skoda prend sa merde

same for me from November 2022 (date of the transition from 1810 to 1896 in concession) until mid April 2023 0 restart. but since April 2023 daily restart 30 sec after starting the car... with or without BT with or without Wifi with or without USB... I find it unfair being out of warranty to have to pay at the dealership to put the 1941. .. this should be a measure of quality as a reminder from the manufacturer ... that Skoda assumes its bull****

19 minutes ago, iPod said:

Je trouve injuste qu'il est hors garantie d'avoir à payer au concessionnaire pour mettre le 1941. .. ce devrait être une mesure de qualité comme un rappel du fabricant ... que Skoda prend sa merde

Before going to a dealership to pay for the upgrade to 1941 try the solution proposed by @Roman_K - switch to "Incognito mode" in User Settings:

Otherwise, if it still doesn't fix the reboot problem, you can install 1941 by yourself. See the video posted yesterday on how to proceed.

56 minutes ago, SkOmk4 said:

I think the verdict should come after longer testing...

That's because from my point of view there were two different behaviors of the infotainment:

- one is restarting (sometimes in a loop of several/or many restarts) some time later after the start of the car. This one I don't recall ever happening to me, and it's the behavior described in the first few pages of this topic - let's call it the original fault;

- the other one is the restart that occurs immediately after starting the engine (within 1-2 minutes), and it's usually a single reboot. This is the one that I also have, and it started manifesting itself after an OTA sometime in the second half of April. Between Oct.'22 an Apr.'23 I never had any reboot out of the blue - so that's a faulty update. 
My point is that for the second type of error, one might expect a single reboot (at the beginning of the trip) no-matter how long the trip is - assuming the car was not turned off during the trip. Two weekends ago I had a "record" of 10 consecutive trips (few of those were several hours long each) without infotainment reboot -> and I thought the solution was found: phone Wifi&BT turned Off. But the next weekend the reboot was back in the same conditions.

Which type of reboot did you have on your car? Is it a 2023 Octavia and still you were experiencing infotainment reboot? ☹️

I’ve experienced both types of reboots you described but the reboots after the start of the car were more pronounced. Sometimes, I even had 4 reboots in a row immediately after starting the engine which was super annoying. Since the update, this hasn’t happend. And yes, I drive 2023 Octavia. 

• Thanks 1

I'm currently testing and actually 3 days without rebooting but it's a temporary solution, isn't it? while waiting for a corrective OTA?

Edited by iPod
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, iPod said:

it's a temporary solution, isn't it?

Mais biensur!
I don't think any of us here, testing various solutions, is expecting that particular solution to be final one (sorry, that sounds very politically incorrect).

It's supposed to be just a temporary trick, to make our cars usable and our lives easier...

4 minutes ago, SkOmk4 said:

Mais biensur!
Je ne pense pas qu'aucun d'entre nous ici, testant diverses solutions, ne s'attende à ce que cette solution particulière soit définitive ( désolé, ça sonne très politiquement incorrect ).

C'est censé n'être qu'une astuce temporaire, pour rendre nos voitures utilisables et nos vies plus faciles...

waiting for a corrective OTA update or update at the dealership?

So when & where can we get it from?

The reason I ask is that the regular restarts are annoying if I want to use AA, it's fine if I just connect the phone for calls. 

Edited by TheWanderer