Infotainment System Restarting endlessly

Hi all. I just read around the interweb about the reboots for weeks. All say 1941 is the solution. Im far away from service appointment. May i ask you @varooom to send me the file or link to do it myself. Thank you so much!

39 minutes ago, Jorgeminator said:

Since everyone is reporting success, I'll go ahead and ask for the link as well, @varooom. I won't bother with the dealer 😃

I will send you are link momentarily, and waiting on a dealer for appointment is not ideal.

I guess they will eventually release by OTA, but that's a guess only.

• Like 1
  • Love it! 1

Sorry Varoom, can I also join the bandwagon please? Can I have the link as I don't trust my dealer in their ability or will to upgrade to the new software. 

Sad but this group and you are way ahead of the dealerships! 

Just now, matrix2020 said:

Sorry Varoom, can I also join the bandwagon please? Can I have the link as I don't trust my dealer in their ability or will to upgrade to the new software. 

Sad but this group and you are way ahead of the dealerships! 

Faster than the dealers for sure, appointment weeks away... or in less than a few on a forum 😆

It seems everyone is happy with this update. I'm considering doing it myself. @varooom would you be so kind to send me a link to download the files? Thanks!

Plenty of :beer: for @Rainesh (who provided me the link with the firmware) and @varooom (for supporting the community with very useful informations and TPI documents).

I've just installed 1941 on a friend's car, who is very busy and he didn't have time to waist it with the dealers. We(Briskoda Community)  manage to bring his smile and to still love his car after this upgrade. Before this, he was very grumpy with all those sort of reboots.

I do have one question:
Has anybody else that installed this firmware by itself, received the following OTA update?

I'm asking because I didn't receive it on my car, and I'm wondering if my dealer has disabled some on-line services!

Other then above, no more reboots or any kind of issues after this weekend journeys.

Keep up the good work!

IMG-20230626-WA0004.jpg

IMG-20230626-WA0003.jpg

Edited by djmartzian
Add screenshots
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, djmartzian said:

Plenty of :beer: for @Rainesh (who provided me the link with the firmware) and @varooom (for supporting the community with very useful informations and TPI documents).

I've just installed 1941 on a friend's car, who is very busy and he didn't have time to waist it with the dealers. We(Briskoda Community)  manage to bring his smile and to still love his car after this upgrade. Before this, he was very grumpy with all those sort of reboots.

I do have one question:
Has anybody else that installed this firmware by itself, received the following OTA update?

I'm asking because I didn't receive it on my car, and I'm wondering if my dealer has disabled some on-line services!

Other then above, no more reboots or any kind of issues after this weekend journeys.

Keep up the good work!

IMG-20230626-WA0004.jpg

IMG-20230626-WA0003.jpg

I also got that update immediately after upgrading to 1941 by myself.

Thanks @varooom! The update was successful and the reboots should be gone now. Now there's only one small annoyance with an update of the manuals failing. I can remember having the same problem before and the manual was then successfully installed a couple days later, I hope that's the case now as well. Looking at @djmartzian's post above, there's a fix for the manual, so maybe it just needs a full deep sleep cycle.

• Like 2

I had "random" reboots typically less than 1 minute after starting the car and by a process of elimination, I found it was related to whether I had a phone charging and/or streaming podcasts.

What I found was

1. Charging a phone (Google Pixel) and using Android auto, single reboot next start

2. Charging a phone without using Android auto, no reboot

3. Charging a phone, using Android auto and streaming podcasts,odd  double reboot, normally single reboot.

4. Not charging a phone, no reboot, streaming podcasts or not

5. Charging a phone, Android auto on but screen switched back to standard screen, no reboot 

What caught me was a lot of my journeys are short enough time wise (less than 30min) so I wouldn't bother charging the phone so no issues would appear. Now I know what the trigger pattern is, I can avoid and hang on until I get the update 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, djmartzian said:

I do have one question:

Keep up the good work!

IMG-20230626-WA0004.jpg

IMG-20230626-WA0003.jpg

I also received this OTA update after updating to 1941. It installed right away and has been working flawlessly. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Guys, I have an appointment at the dealers on 4th of July for some other under-warranty replacements and had already mentioned the 1941 update and asked it to be installed.

however they replied that there are not outstanding updates or sorts for my car.

If I understood past comment here you can somehow “coerce” dealers to do the s*** they are supposed to.

This is my first time dealing with dealers with a brand new car so I have zero experience and could be dismissed and all.

So how can I effectively prepare for my 4th of July booking and get them to install the update? They were notified of my issues and a supposed update (1941). 

Thanks

5 minutes ago, ganiboi said:

Guys, I have an appointment at the dealers on 4th of July for some other under-warranty replacements and had already mentioned the 1941 update and asked it to be installed.

however they replied that there are not outstanding updates or sorts for my car.

If I understood past comment here you can somehow “coerce” dealers to do the s*** they are supposed to.

This is my first time dealing with dealers with a brand new car so I have zero experience and could be dismissed and all.

So how can I effectively prepare for my 4th of July booking and get them to install the update? They were notified of my issues and a supposed update (1941). 

Thanks

There will be some forced updates, say an emissions recall that they MUST perform or at least in some types, give you a choice (if tuned for example)

If you read the TPI document on the previous page (12?) and look at the section called "Customer complaints" and in theory if you state these to the service desk on your booking, and they should investigate.

Sadly quality of dealerships vary, and sometimes you have to specidy a TPI document number to do their work for them (damn!)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, varooom said:

@Mazen86 @Tingle @iPod @pepedaman @Thomas1981

You all have Private Messages to download

@Bloembol Glad you are very happy, and the shop is now working also!

hello

May i ask you @varooom to send me the file and procedure to do the 1941 upgrade ?

i have the 1804 version (2022 vrs), is it possible to upgrade directly to the 1941 ?

is it working on all langage version (French for my vrs)

thank you for your help 

7 minutes ago, RPMfr said:

hello

May i ask you @varooom to send me the file and procedure to do the 1941 upgrade ?

i have the 1804 version (2022 vrs), is it possible to upgrade directly to the 1941 ?

is it working on all langage version (French for my vrs)

thank you for your help 

I have sent you the file, the instructions are on I believe Page 12 of this long thread.

From what I can see, as long as you have a version above 1761, then you should be fine to apply.

This contains many languages, they don't release 30+ language options, it's all baked into one single release.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, varooom said:

Je vous ai envoyé le fichier, les instructions sont sur la page 12 de ce long fil de discussion.

D'après ce que je peux voir, tant que vous avez une version au-dessus de 1761, vous devriez être d'accord pour postuler.

Cela contient de nombreuses langues, ils ne publient pas plus de 30 options de langue, tout est intégré dans une seule version.

Thank you @varooom

• Like 1

I downloaded and unzipped the files directly to the main directory of the USB. Before i did formatet it to FAT32. 

But in the menu to choose wich USB-Port to use, the car doesnt recognise it. 

I had to an USB-C to A adapter. 

Any ideas whats the issue? 

Thanks

Screenshot 2023-06-27 080004.jpg

Screenshot 2023-06-27 075940.jpg

If it's an adapter which has more than one lead or port, it won't be. I've tried to use one, the way the system is programmed doesn't allow hubs to be used, which is rather pathetic IMO. 

I bought a 16gb usb c drive for £10 or £12, just for this purpose. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, TheWanderer said:

If it's an adapter which has more than one lead or port, it won't be. I've tried to use one, the way the system is programmed doesn't allow hubs to be used, which is rather pathetic IMO. 

I bought a 16gb usb c drive for £10 or £12, just for this purpose. 

thanks for the info. Actually its just an direct adapter from c to a. no hub. Maybe ill buy one usb-c stick today anyway as i might need it for other purposes too.

• Like 1