Infotainment System Restarting endlessly

On 28/06/2023 at 20:50, varooom said:

Sent link

Hi @varooom I have send you PM as I can't download package from Poland. Kindly please send another link or set option to able to download from Poland country. Thank you!

9 hours ago, flyingscot said:

@varooom if you could ping me the link that would be appreciated. 

Done

1 hour ago, Foxik said:

Hi @varooom I have send you PM as I can't download package from Poland. Kindly please send another link or set option to able to download from Poland country. Thank you!

Adjusted firewall for Poland as requested

• Thanks 1

50/50 I'd say. But if you're desperate for it as varooom or his colleague for it and do the update. 

The usual caveats apply. But I did it and if an idiot like me can do it anyone can. 

You just need a usb memory stick (you may need a usb A to C adapter) extract the files into the memory stick which MUST BE COMPLETELY CLEAR OF ANYTHING. 

On 17/06/2023 at 14:00, Rainesh said:

There are also some new VC firmware released. 

Hi @Rainesh, @varooom can you kindly please share some more info about new VC firmware ? Is it same update procedure as firmware for MIB3  ? (already did for 1941 and it's working brilliant so far, no restarts!)

I'm interested if there are option to enable new VC look like MY23 on my Octavia MY22... (on another thread someone said it's impossible...)

1 hour ago, Foxik said:

Hi @Rainesh, @varooom can you kindly please share some more info about new VC firmware ? Is it same update procedure as firmware for MIB3  ? (already did for 1941 and it's working brilliant so far, no restarts!)

I'm interested if there are option to enable new VC look like MY23 on my Octavia MY22... (on another thread someone said it's impossible...)

You need dealer software to flash these files, so it's not the same as flashing MIB3 firmware

2 hours ago, Foxik said:

Do you know which software version your VC is now?

on Friday I got called from the dealership and they mentioned that I, since am dued to a service inspection and oil change on 7th of July, I can upgrade to 1941 so that I am sorting out the reboot issues on my MiB. 

They haven’t mentioned how much time it’ll take. But I am guessing about 3-4 hours as I know the dealerships are doing it here in Romania. 

And I was “this “ close in doing it myself. 

23 minutes ago, Jugaroo said:

on Friday I got called from the dealership and they mentioned that I, since am dued to a service inspection and oil change on 7th of July, I can upgrade to 1941 so that I am sorting out the reboot issues on my MiB. 

They haven’t mentioned how much time it’ll take. But I am guessing about 3-4 hours as I know the dealerships are doing it here in Romania. 

And I was “this “ close in doing it myself. 

Brain fart: I wanted to type “Yesterday”, but my fingers typed “on Friday” in this message. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jugaroo said:

I had update done by dealership yesterday. The are using ODIS, so it's a bit different than using USB - different connection and protocol.

Update itself took roughly 45 minutes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Felix2021 said:

I had update done by dealership yesterday. The are using ODIS, so it's a bit different than using USB - different connection and protocol.

Update itself took roughly 45 minutes.

I doubt the update is done by ODIS, I know of no means of doing it this way, it is only there to confirm with factory and check SWK (if I have that term correct)

The update is done by USB-C

There is no firmware released that ODIS can program, and the speed of the diagnostic head is waaaay too slow for that amount of data.

3 hours ago, varooom said:

I doubt the update is done by ODIS, I know of no means of doing it this way, it is only there to confirm with factory and check SWK (if I have that term correct)

There is no firmware released that ODIS can program, and the speed of the diagnostic head is waaaay too slow for that amount of data.

I do confirm, I am checking right now the TPI from erWin and it's clearly stated, USB-C.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, varooom said:

Ok, than dealership lied to me :)

I asked them specifically how they do it, and they said "ODIS". Also seen my car from waiting area with ODIS connected.

But might be, that they did it with USB after all, although have no idea why they also connected ODIS than.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Felix2021 said:

Ok, than dealership lied to me :)

I asked them specifically how they do it, and they said "ODIS". Also seen my car from waiting area with ODIS connected.

But might be, that they did it with USB after all, although have no idea why they also connected ODIS than.

How to tell when a dealer is lying to you... when you see their lips moving.

The fastest connection I can think of via diagnostic plug, would take 3 hrs to send the amount of data.

ODIS would be used to verify all is well, and to send back diagnostic protocol to factory/importer for payment of warranty work.

Anyhow, the main thing is your car got the update needed, fingers crossed it now behaves.

• Like 1

I was a little worried about warranty so as my dealership is a few minutes from my house I decided to call and ask for the update. Assuming all goes to plan there agreed to install it after I quoted the TPI number. Only thing they mentioned was that the TPI was now /11. Not sure if that helps anybody.