Infotainment System Restarting endlessly

1 hour ago, luxdog said:

Hello,

Could I also have the link for 1941 ? Is is available in french ?

I currently have 1896 (hardware H58) and lots of reboots.

Do you also have the instructions how to install  it ? All the OTA updates I had are the navigation data only...

Thanks

PM'ed

I apologise in advance but i have the same issue but cant be bothered to read 30 pages... 

My cars has 1889 version. 

Can i flash/update myself or is this a warranty claim that needs me to go to a dealer? 

Not a big issue but its a bit annoying that they havent released an update in months that fixes it. 

9 minutes ago, SimplySwedish said:

I apologise in advance but i have the same issue but cant be bothered to read 30 pages... 

My cars has 1889 version. 

Can i flash/update myself or is this a warranty claim that needs me to go to a dealer? 

Not a big issue but its a bit annoying that they havent released an update in months that fixes it. 

You can definitely complain to the dealer and mention the TPI which can be found in this thread. They will update it if you can demonstrate the error.

The other option is doing it yourself.

Edited by Jorgeminator
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jorgeminator said:

You can definitely complain to the dealer and mention the TPI which can be found in this thread. They will update it if you can demonstrate the error.

The other option is doing it yourself.

Thanks. I have contacted my dealer but they had no knowledge about the issue. Got booked in late August to look at it. 

Whats TPI? 

Is do i want a specific software version or just newest update? 

8 minutes ago, SimplySwedish said:

Thanks. I have contacted my dealer but they had no knowledge about the issue. Got booked in late August to look at it. 

Whats TPI? 

Is do i want a specific software version or just newest update? 

TPI stands for Technical Product Information.

Show them this

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/506295-infotainment-system-restarting-endlessly/page/12/#comment-5766450

• Thanks 1

Sad to hear that every dealer does things their own way.
I called my dealer and told them that the infosystem regularly restarts at startup. He offered to schedule service visit in a few days and do the update.

Relatively new dealer, only recently started working with Škoda cars, but nice that they know about TPI and update.
After installing the 1941 version, restarts have not been seen. However, I probably wouldn't risk installing the update myself if the car had a manufacturer's warranty.

Bit the bullet and started the update 10 minutes or so ago, started panicking a bit because it stayed for like 7 minutes with only a "back" button on the screen and nothing else, so instead of just biting the bullet, I was sweating bullets instead now, but the proper upgrade screen appeared and its now on the black screen after the first line went to 100%.

Feels like updating a computer bios, after all these years they still give me horrid mini anxiety attacks whenever something stops for more than a minute 😅

• Haha 2

Now since you started updating, maybe you'll do something about those maps...
AFAIK the latest version is 22.12, so you're more than 2.5 years outdated. You know how to proceed, it's described around here - download the maps from the Skoda Update Portal and unzip those to an USB that you leave inside the car for a long drive; it will update in the background.

9 minutes ago, SkOmk4 said:

AFAIK the latest version is 22.12, so you're more than 2.5 years outdated. You know how to proceed, it's described around here - download the maps from the Skoda Update Portal and unzip those to an USB that you leave inside the car for a long drive; it will update in the background.

23.6 is the current Navigation dabatase

3 minutes ago, SkOmk4 said:

Never noticed that, but I don't have navigation activated anyway, it costs almost 400€ and android wireless with Waze is free. If it was a lot cheaper i'd love to have it but definitely not when it costs 1/3 of my monthly income when i have free alternatives.

• Like 1

Yep, I'm not using the car Navigation either, but apparently the car uses Map info in the background to adjust various parameters and behavior while driving. That's why those that don't have the Skoda Navigation active (paid for), still have the maps onboard.

@tzolyomi - I was also hoping that, I downloaded again the maps that have June.2023 in the title, and have them on a USB inside the car for several weeks now. But my Navi.database still shows 22.12. Someone mentioned around here that even though the maps are released 23.06, those are actually 6 months old.
Does your MiB sys.info show 23.06? If yes, updated by yourself or from factory (or dealership)?

Edited by SkOmk4

9 minutes ago, SkOmk4 said:

Yep, I'm not using the car Navigation either, but apparently the car uses Map info in the background to adjust various parameters and behavior while driving. That's why those that don't have the Skoda Navigation active (paid for), still have the maps onboard.

Ah ok, that's interesting, i'll look into it then, thanks for the tip!

48 minutes ago, SkOmk4 said:

@tzolyomi - I was also hoping that, I downloaded again the maps that have June.2023 in the title, and have them on a USB inside the car for several weeks now. But my Navi.database still shows 22.12. Someone mentioned around here that even though the maps are released 23.06, those are actually 6 months old.
Does your MiB sys.info show 23.06? If yes, updated by yourself or from factory (or dealership)?

The files inside the June 2023 release are indeed from late last year and will only update the maps to 22.12.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, SkOmk4 said:

All navigation data were transferred to the car by OTA (over the air) since I got the car delivered 1.5 years ago. It is happening seamless in the background, I was neither initiating nor doing USB upgrades.

Hi Guys,

I am currently on vacation in Spain, drove 2900 km from Denmark where the system went out midway, and just cant get it working. If you could share the detail for the SW update and guide on how to that would be much appreciated before i start the trip home again in 6 days. 

In advance thanks
Ingi

On 20/07/2023 at 16:59, Jorgeminator said:

Interesting to see the 'can't set master user' fault listed as I have this also.

Service due in 1100 miles and 6 months left on the warranty so definitely time to get it sorted!