Infotainment System Restarting endlessly

Bought it.. Before install I change Climate to OFF and Auto Start-Stop to OFF..

Then all went smoth.. it takes about 25min..

After update my phone connect and give hotspot to my car and minor updates were automatically found - almost instant..

PS. Infortaiment is compared to 1941 super smooth and fast..

Edited by sdolenec
Buy it -> Bought it
  • Love it! 1

5 minutes ago, sdolenec said:

Has the problem with media apps not starting up properly in Android Auto been resolved?

For me personally I cannot see any point in updating immediately - when the OTA update presents itself then I’ll accept it but for now “If it an’t broke…..”.

Version 1941 has proved to be a very solid software release, is smooth and quick to respond so what’s the motivation to update - it’s not like I’ll suddenly get a whole host of new features.

Edited by spcdust

Just now, spcdust said:

For me personally I cannot see any point in updating immediately.  Version 1941 has proved to be a very solid software version, is smooth and quick to respond so what’s the motivation to update - it’s not like I’ll suddenly get a whole host of new features.

Andoid Auto media app bug is a big one that I'd like to see fixed.

1 minute ago, mccririck said:

Andoid Auto media app bug is a big one that I'd like to see fixed.

Fair point if they have fixed that - I’m on Apple CarPlay O that bug doesn’t affect me but if it did I would likely be more keen to update.

Don't know for any "Andoid Auto media app bug " ... using Galaxy S23 Ultra.. allways using Android Auto.. So.. how to test if this is resolved?

19 minutes ago, sdolenec said:

Buy it.. Before install I change Climate to OFF and Auto Start-Stop to OFF..

Then all went smoth.. it takes about 25min..

After update my phone connect and give hotspot to my car and minor updates were automatically found - almost instant..

Ok sorry aint buying it. Will wait for OTA

• Confused 1

56 minutes ago, sdolenec said:

Don't know for any "Andoid Auto media app bug " ... using Galaxy S23 Ultra.. allways using Android Auto.. So.. how to test if this is resolved?

Well there is one.

Never had that kind problem ever.. As I understand working of car infortaiment OS this can not be the Skoda or any other VAG group problem but problem only on the phone on which AA is running..

Infortaiment do not control how graphics rendering is working and if apps is running correctly under AA which is completly other independent OS. Infortaiment only supply audio/video passthrue to itself.. all other is guilty of AA..

Edited by sdolenec

Does 1969 load faster at first start of the car too? I like 1941 compared to all previous versions but the time it takes to load when car awakes is sometimes just ridiculous.

I’m curious how Skoda roll out the OTA updates.  Obviously they would do it in waves but what criteria do they apply that dictates when a specific car is offered the update?  Also, what happens if, at the time, you decline the update - do you go to the back of the queue?

Likely no one actually knows the answers to these questions apart from the relevant Skoda team responsible for the roll out.

• Like 2

From what I read before, only cars with newer hardware are capable of receiving such OTA updates. Like, cars with H56 (build year 20-21) might not have any such updates at all and only way is to install them via USB. So far I haven't seen anyone proving this to be wrong.

24 minutes ago, Edela said:

From what I read before, only cars with newer hardware are capable of receiving such OTA updates. Like, cars with H56 (build year 20-21) might not have any such updates at all and only way is to install them via USB. So far I haven't seen anyone proving this to be wrong.

I’m not so sure of that - my understanding is that all Mk4 Octavia’s in territories that support OTA updates are capable of receiving them.  Mine is a First Edition and regularly gets updates OTA.

Edited by spcdust
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, war1 said:

System updates via USB only. App updates are done by ota.

System updates since the version prior to 1941 have been available OTA as long as a Primary user has been assigned to the vehicle.  I am not aware of any limitations based on the hardware fitted on the earlier versions of the Mk 4.  I would be interested in other owner’s experience.

• Like 1

Never received system OS update via OTA in 3 years.. allways manual update.. in other words.. if new update is ON why then nobody receive new system OS update via OTA, only small fixes..?

Edited by sdolenec

2 minutes ago, sdolenec said:

Never received system OS update via OTA in 3 years.. allways manual update.. in other words.. if new update is ON why then nobody receive new system OS update via OTA, only small fixes..?

My friend and his girl both received 1941 as OTA. Mine was updated in skoda service. 

13 minutes ago, sdolenec said:

Version 1941 would have been the first system update that was offered OTA, so the new system update should be offered OTA.  However it seems pretty arbitrary when your vehicle is offered the update.

• Like 1

Hi,

i just did the update to the 1969 version. 

Finished successfully. I didn't get to see anything about the new version, I just installed it.

I will update as soon as I use it for a few hours and I have impressions.

shared-image-2.jpg

shared-image-3.jpg

Edited by Giannis20
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Giannis20 said:

Hi,

i just did the update to the 1969 version. 

Finished successfully. I didn't get to see anything about the new version, I just installed it.

I will update as soon as I use it for a few hours and I have impressions.

shared-image-2.jpg

shared-image-3.jpg

OTA?