Columbus Map Update 2024 (MIB1/2 HIGH)

I think I've embarrassingly gotten to the root of this problem.

I started snooping around today only to notice that the Canton AMP, under the passenger seat, had its fan on and was making the exact noise I was hearing.

Will need to check more later - if this is the case I'm very happy. That said I'm wondering if the amp is starting to show its age by being so loud.

Thank you all for your help.

• Like 1

So I don't think I'm out of the woods yet. I did not mention this to the other half whatsoever only for her to ask 'What is that noise?' when I had the radio muted. 

The fan wasn't going on the amp at the time - and she described it to me as what an open AUX sounds like on a stereo. Very analogue.

The mib helper site says that upgrading the firmware on my columbus I might need a dataset as I have an external amp - albeit OEM.

On OBDEleven byte11 is set to Sound_System_External_MOST - which I believe is the correct setting for the Canton.

Anyone any suggestions? Reckon I might need someone with ODIS to load a dataset? Thanks again for your time and help.

Probably another thread for that I don't venture much away from the map ones here.  MOST is the optical / coax digital connection (think its Coax so it would be dead if not switched on... may be something else needs to be switched on ?). MOST is what they are blessed with for external amps. More likely the gain is different on the balance... I would have thought. Probably a long string you can find with a Google to examine for the 5f unit compare with what you have in Obdeleven. MOST is also used for something else but slipped my memory 🤔.

I'm never changed my firmware but have that module hack for FeCs. Stickler. The "experts" wanted me to upgrade to the fully hacked one. Resisted and somebody wrote me the module to go in the  Mib2 high toolbox. Got my module code so it went in as an option for others to follow. They hadn't catered for the firmware I was on. At that stage the last Seat mib2 firmware was problematic. 1447. Now they do home brew. It's all basically the same code between the brands. Some people put Skoda code on their Seats but ofcourse if you have different fancy Skoda external amps then they won't be in the software. Where Seat started to get Beats and Sound on the later year Cupras rather than the Seat Sound system which I'm on. Why I stuck with the firmware I had. I didn't want "carbon" which is the festooned screen effect that Cupra people love thinking it's cool. No just freckles on the background making the screen difficult to read. But I do know how to get the Cupra splash screen at ignition 🤔.

• Like 1

Trying to update from this to the latest file. Is that too much of a jump?

downloaded from portal and extracted, then transferred to a 64gb SD set to exfat. System shows no update available when card entered and update initiated in system settings. 

IMG_5893.jpeg

1 hour ago, UndertheRadar said:

Trying to update from this to the latest file. Is that too much of a jump?

downloaded from portal and extracted, then transferred to a 64gb SD set to exfat. System shows no update available when card entered and update initiated in system settings. 

IMG_5893.jpeg

You can jump as big as you like on a Skoda or VW they have life long FeCs, Seat and Audi need navigation FeC surgery. No mac involved where you should run CleanMyDrive on the drive once on the external media ?. Only the use of Macs requires that. They put dross in the files which cause the signature check to fail so it would not see the update since it failed the integrity check.

The zipped file has to be put in at the correct level. Some manage to get it one down so the system won't see it.

There have been questions about Skoda zipping. Always best to use VW files they have better QA.

You can be a devil and use the 370 release which will be June 2024. Boo boo found that. Works fine and newer cartography. You won't need that 64gb drive since it's only mib2 high. Doesn't contain the extras stuff for mib1. Just unzip and present the file. That's an Audi file so top notch.

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/518018-columbus-map-update-2024-mib12-high/?do=findComment&comment=5829922

The VW manual attached which gives details on what the map file should look like on the media once unzipped for either case. Hit the relevant update that Skoda says to kick it off.

Discover_Pro_November_2020_EN.pdf

Edited by Tell
  • Like 1