Personal plates - been offered one, but are they a bit tosserish? :)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a fan myself - never seen the point of plates that have the car make/model garbled into them (eg, VRS, M3, VX) when my cars have all had badges on the boot from the factory which have said what make/model the car is.

I also wouldn't want anyone knowing my name from the numberplate.

HTH.

Don't like personal plates which try to make words, but if I ever saw my first number plate I would offer to buy that - if anybody sees it, its a White Fiesta K325 NMW should be somewhere around Castleford - thats where I last saw it :(

they make you car dead easy to spot by the big bloke in a Mondeo you cut up 2 nights before on the way home , HTH

yeah and not to mention the local off beat copper you razzed past in his civvy car when you were rushing home from work :eek: :rofl:

"it wasn't me"

"it had your name on the plate!"

Not a fan myself - never seen the point of plates that have the car make/model garbled into them (eg, VRS, M3, VX) when my cars have all had badges on the boot from the factory which have said what make/model the car is.

I also wouldn't want anyone knowing my name from the numberplate.

HTH.

Yeah! Loads of Range Rover sports round our way with X5 *** plates:eek:

Silly buggers!

We have PM04AVM and PM05AVM though. My initials, year of marriage/engagement, SWMBO's initials.

Phil

Hmmmmm.

I'm about to endow my car with one, but I don't like them:confused:

Does this make me a hypocrite, sad, or a wise investor.

( probably all three to be honest )

there a good way of hiding the age of your car, if you make it look like the current spec.

or if they never made the car for the age plate like mine I have an N plate on my furbie with one number and my initals. bought it from the dvla a long time ago and just transfer it when I change cars.

If you want a plate go for it, I dont give a fig what people think and as time goes on it will be worth a few quid more than I paid for it.

Most new style plates cost the normal 'new plate' price. The Prefix ones are even cheaper. If you buy new cars, then the £25 transfer fee is a great deal less then the £500 new plate fee. So, in the long run, most private plates save you money!

Ours are cost neutral at the moment.

Phil

We have PM04AVM and PM05AVM though. My initials, year of marriage/engagement, SWMBO's initials.

Phil

Heh I thought I was the only person sad enough to do that. Only have year of marriage though - it'll be a while before a 97 plate becomes available :rofl:

It means something to us, is recognisable by people that know us, and means bugger all to anyone else. Which I like.

It also meant we had to have a brand new car rather than take the dealer's Y reg demo ;)

See our's in my Sig. 2of my initials then No. Then Swmbo's initials.

Already been on a couple of cars.

Normally get transfer fee worked into deal.

Personally, I don't like any kind of identification on my motor so I don't see the point.

Just to spice up the debate I am quoting lyrics from Half Man Half Biscuit:

"There's you with your personalised reg plate,

Oh it's not the worst crime I agree,

But we all know full well,

That it really should spell; T,W,A,T,O,N,E."

:D :D :D

I don't see the point of getting ones that match your car, X5, CLK, etc . The one on my Fabia was registered in 1962 on my great-auntie's Morris 1000 (no prefix, 3 mumbers, 3 letters), and I've got it for sentimental purposes really. The only plate I'd buy is a northern-irish WIL ----, or I could buy MRW111S (Mr Wills) for a fiver short of £6000, not that I would!! Someone must make a lot of cash in the reg plate world.

they make you car dead easy to spot by the big bloke in a Mondeo you cut up 2 nights before on the way home , HTH

Precisely :eek: ; Used to have one myself for a couple of years but decided I wanted to blend into the scenery and not stick out. ;)

Sold my plate and bought a Laptop computer with the proceeds!!

I've got one, although it was a gift, and I wouldn't have one otherwise... Its T21 TWE. Thats my initials and it was my 21st birthday present from my parents.

However they refuse to stump up the £80 transfer fee, or pay to get the plates made up... :(