All Activity
- Past hour
-
Rear washer and heated rear window
Skoda Superb elegant 2018 Hi my rear washer stopped working a while ago and now the demister doesn't work. I have checked all the fuses under the bonnet and all OK i have shoved a needle down the washer head and no blockage. Is there any other fuses anywhere? Or any advice on fixing the problem
-
Tatty Alloys on a 2016 Superb L&K - refurb or renew ?
One of the alloys has a very slow leak due to the tyre not sealing (corrosion I presume) and I have kerbed them a bit over the years, so I was wondering whether it is worth having them refurbished or buying new ones. They came as standard on the car and I think they are 18" PEGASUS but I don't know where to find a part number. They were a 2 tone greyish colour when new, with a slight twist to the spokes. Suggestions welcomed as to what to do and if they are Pegasus alloys. I can post a photo, once it is light and I have cleaned on up.
-
ukgnome started following Tatty Alloys on a 2016 Superb L&K - refurb or renew ?
-
Sold my 2024 Mk3 L&K
I signed for it at 5.30pm. They close at 6.00pm, probably not had time to sort. We've had 19 cars over four decades, they've always looked after me to be fair.
- MK2 Octavia VRs wheel sizes
- Today
-
Repeated daily Infotainment update issues
4th day, still no new update. π€
-
Sold my 2024 Mk3 L&K
Sad times indeed @logiclee bit hopefully the Enyaq replaces it suitably. Enjoy!
-
Sold my 2024 Mk3 L&K
Nice car. Id be wary of Rainworth thoug. Interestingly it still seems to be available on their website???
-
Is DSG / mechatronics starting to go?
3 service ago. It is linked (in my own schedule) to every 4th service. As my car is very high mileage, I have reduced service interval to about every 6500 miles.
-
MK2 Octavia VRs wheel sizes
I have a 2013 MK2 Octavia VRS which currently is running 225/40/R18. It is on fully stock suspension. I was wondering, is it possible to put on 225/45/R18βs? I understand about the speedo thing but just am curious if anyone else has done it and can give me an idea on it. Itβs the MK2 hatchback
-
Abledays started following MK2 Octavia VRs wheel sizes
-
Abledays joined the community
-
How-to Guide to Upgrade MIB2 to MIB2.5
Well it turns out my MIB is completely bricked. No hope of repair. Not entirely sure what went wrong. As far as I can tell all instructions were followed. Only thing possibly is battery was low but it didnβt cut out the MiB unit at all during the flash but fiddling about working out what to do when it stopped did drain the battery right down. So a replaced plug and play mib2.5 unit is now being prepared and hopefully will get me back up to full speed.
- Noob!
-
Sold my 2024 Mk3 L&K
It certainly does, but as I said I also fancied a change. So time to try something different. I didn't really want a vRS for the performance but it's the only model that has my three musts. Electric memory seats both sides, DCC and Matrix LED's. To be fair in the EV's vRS is a trim level with a bit more power.
-
Another Superb
@IJWS15 welcome! We love our Superb after almost a month. A photo or two would be nice. Best wishes
-
Arianne started following Another Superb
-
Sold my 2024 Mk3 L&K
Nice coloured Superb, I am biased though. Does the extra outlay of new car kind of eat the fuel savings going to electric ?
-
gav_is_con started following Sold my 2024 Mk3 L&K
-
Bottom of rear bumper popped out (fixed)
Having the same issue after I removed that bottom plastic trim to allow access to replace a faulty parking sensor. Can't for the life of me get it to click back in so will try with a piece of wood tomorrow. Just need to find a windlass or something similar π Any other advice welcome from anyone that happens to read this!
-
STEV0 started following Bottom of rear bumper popped out (fixed)
-
Sold my 2024 Mk3 L&K
Sad day. Today I signed on the dotted line and my Mk3 will be part ex. One of the last Mk3's 2024 registered 2.0TSi L&K with Factory Optioned 19's and Massage Seats and only 11900 miles currently. Fully paint corrected and ceramic coated, not a scratch or swirl mark. It's never missed a beat. So why is it going? We have a holiday home on the coast and a few days away is now costing Β£50 in fuel. I have solar at home and can charge for virtually nothing with favourable weather or Β£6 for 300miles otherwise. And I fancy a change. So next week I'll be collecting an Enyaq Coupe vRS. 340PS 679NM 0-60 5.2 sec. (Our 19th Skoda from Rainworth)
-
Front consul bush which way do they fit Mk1 1.2htp
If your Febi bushes have this lump like the OEM ones, the lump should be on the side nearest the midline of the car. Do you have any tooling to help press them into place without damage? Are you aware that on the (UK) driver's side ,with the HTP engines, you have to lift the engine a fair bit to give clearance to get the front bolt out and (preferably new replacement one) back in again? PITA job which I did recently for the second, and last, time.
-
Noob!
Unfortunately after just 3 weeks of buying this,I have had to send her back for repairsβΉοΈ Clutch stuck to the floor 3 times while I was driving.Apparently it's a common problem with the clutch master cylinder π€’I am so disappointed now.I put a lot of work into the purchase of this car.I look forward to peoples opinions on this and hopefully I can help others with the experience.
-
Matt's 2017 FL Scout
Very nice, I have been considering doing this too. How long did it take, approximately?
-
GroovyHedgehog9 started following Matt's 2017 FL Scout
-
Key replacement
Thanks. Will check my insurance policy. Your comments about the platform tie in with what I was reading this afternoon after the second failure. David
-
Dsg box & timeing belt
EDIT Dq381, Wet clutch 80,000 miles DSG service. best do sooner.
-
-
Is DSG / mechatronics starting to go?
When was the DSG,s last Oil & Filter change?
-
Rare parts ? That you got/ what can you get ?
Do you know the part number you're seeking? I can look up via VIN for you if not. May be possible to repair, by either cutting off split/cracked bits and re-fitting with heat to soften (if it's a hard plastic section), or simply using self-amalgamating tape to form a robust, airtight covering.
-
Dsg box & timeing belt
Got My self a mk4 supberb. Decided to upgrade from the mk 3. Got a couple of questions for you lovely lot. Got the dsg auto box and its the 7 speed box. Does any ine know if its a wet or a dry clutch and what do skoda suggest when to change the gearbox oil. Whats the mileage or time wise to get the cambelt and water pump changed ? Its the 2 liter diesel engine if thar helps and a 24 plate.
-
BlankMars10 joined the community
-
Is DSG / mechatronics starting to go?
I am having a weird issue concerning the revs being abnormally high, in 3 scenarios all within the past 1500? miles , the first is when I change the dsg from D to N when stopping. Just now I had the engine in neutral actually rev to about 1200rpm before falling down to the expected 800rpm. I had stopped the car. The rev should not rise without my foot on the accelerator. Another time last week was when the car had been stopped a little while, same situation with foot on brake the engine revs went up in neutral. And 3rdly on one or two occasions when putting car from N to D, the rev immediately goes higher than expected, like 1100rpm before engaging. Car has no light yet or warning on dash Skoda superb mk2 CFGB engine 388000 miles, clutch pack / DMF from factory both changed at 283000