Skip to content

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

  1. Past hour
  2. KevCoop joined the community
  3. Hi Alasdair, thanks for the insight! Would you say this is something to be concerned of, regarding further troubles down the line? Or once this is fixed should I be reassured do you reckon? Thanks !
  4. Reckon all the bolts on my old 1.9tdi are similar but its 19 year old. Thats not good at all. You dont expect it on a 6 year old car unless its been parked in the sea. I assume the same bolt is used on other parts of car as well so may take them some time to find and recall them all. Alasdair
  5. Thanks for the advice. To be fair the car is on 86k miles, doing about 15k miles per year for the last 3 years, so maybe the tires being shot makes more sense in hindsight. Cinch have finally given me the list of repairs and rectifications they made before selling the car. I’ll attach the list below. Do these fixes give cause for concern, or should I be happy that these have now been sorted before my ownership? I know the cooling system is a common fault from what Ive read. Thank you so much, I appreciate any insight you may have!
  6. CJJE replied to royread's topic in Skoda Karoq
    I get Kamiqs as a courtesy car each time my Karoq is serviced, and I definitely find the Kamiq is smaller and lower down. I need the Karoq for its boot size, and would not fit my holiday luggage in a Kamiq as easily as it goes in the Karoq. I can't really judge the performance and ride of the Kamiq as I only get the basic version, while my Karoq is the 2.0TSI 4x4 with DCC. Chris
  7. The accelerating hard then stumble and limp mode but cleared when stopped and restarted does sound like what warrior said sticking actuator or if its variable vein turbo they may be carbon up. My old 1.9tdi used to do exactly the same thing. Slight blow off noise then down on power. Pull into layby and stop then start and back to normal. Slightly sticky actuator in my case. Alasdair
  8. What mileage has this vehicle recorded? Your mention of it having had 'plenty of tyres' might possibly be of some concern. Check .gov website for recorded mileages at MOTs for past 5 years.
  9. Today
  10. It's Highway, I believe, as Jaguar thinks they are American these days but my point is they openly admit that WLTP figures aren't really applicable to their cars' real-world performance. A bit more honesty with these things is good imho
  11. Have a look at the wheel shop in Manchester (online). I found them very helpful when I bought a spare wheel and tools from them a couple of years ago.
  12. N 105 524 2 bolts holding steering wreck, M12x1,5x70, 10.9 class, passenger side, change both of them. https://www.skoda-parts.com/spare-part/n10552402-screw-m12x1-5x70-skoda-19278.html
  13. @mikeng Welcome. Maybe your Word Search just never showed something there is on this forum.
  14. 5 x 17” Ratiken alloys with 225/55 R 17 97H Continental TS850 tyres. No cuts or damage to tyres and no dings to alloys. Wheel 1: 6 mm tread Wheel 2: 6 mm tread Wheel 3: 6 mm tread Wheel 4: 8 mm tread Wheel 5: 7 mm tread Used on Karoq SE 2.0 TDi 4x4. These wheels have been stored indoors and in covers when not on the car, covers included. Collection only, located in Cobham, Surrey. Any questions please bung me a PM or post here. Price £295.
  15. Thanks a million for getting back to me, I have the maxidot and the amp at the parcel shelf. I bought a DX unit cheap enough locally but the actual plug that goes into the back is different to the one currently on the loom. If I get a chance when I get home I can send a photo.
  16. There seems to be a couple of other threads about this steering bolt issue, not surprisingly as a range of models are affected: I've just put my VIN (2018 Golf 7.5 GTI) into the main VW website as 17016R may affect me, and I just get red text saying it's not a recognised VIN: So I phoned my local VW main dealer, who checked and advised there was nothing outstanding at the moment, but if that changed I would be contacted. Not completely inspired with confidence. Gaz
  17. I ran the OBD11 again this morning. It shows the exhaust as a passive fault with no error code - photo attached. I emailed the results to myself before clearing the codes. Nothing on them for the exhaust, they mostly relate to the doors! Any ideas??
  18. I've just seen you can get MQB to PQ steering wheel decoder/emulator for a few quid on AliExpress. Might try something newer. I can imagine it's a faff though.
  19. No surprise there, even less range if using the heating etc, far worse than it us with an ICE vehicle which use wasted energy for heating. . Why are you surprised by it, you always come across as well seasoned EV owner and driver of many years standing.
  20. Welcome to the forum. Best say what car, what miles, what engine it has. So is it a petrol engine? Has it been serviced yet? EDIT, I see, 1.0 Fabia. So a TSI or is it a MPI? . Best have a different dealership deal with the issue. a very obvious Warranty issue, Spark Plugs, Turbo Accuator, Software issue or what ever. A Mod can move this to the Fabia Mk4 section.
  21. Tory Boy Andrew Bowie MP thinks that the next Elected Conservative & Unionist Government can impose New Nuclear plants on Scotland. About time if there is to be New Nuclear in Scotland that they get building it. Start at Dumfries House, Balmoral Estate, Castle of May and any other Royal Residences. KC3 can just give his permission & lets see what the Local Authority Planning make of that. In England Jacob Rees Mogg's Estate looks like an ideal location for a Small Nuclear Modular installation. Maybe a AI Data Centre as well.
  22. Wow first journey in one of the EVs in the cooler period. Mych less range and lower energy efficiency. Hine to look for a newer EV perhaps. Will be happier when daughter has her home charger installed which is due soon.
  23. Indeed, but the reason why I commented on it in the first place is that A) it is not a PSA on TV where they normally show warnings/advice such as this, B) it is extremely early for such warnings and was possibly so because of the real threat to global oil because of the Donalds' illegal war, and C) it appeared on a site that I just happened to be one of long standing local moderators on, and this is the very first time that such a warning has appeared, and hence why I thought that EVr's might like to know.
  24. Bought June 26, manufactured march 24 Has had 3 episodes of the well documented (I have now found), the intermittent fault which causes limp mode. Still in warranty went to have fault diagnosed, no code so no repair. Only way to get it sorted is to drive in limp mode in traffic or on fast roads to service centre! Leave running there.(Not recorded on car history) .Not an answer! Dangerous! Anyway just wondering if anyone has succeeded in fixing the problem. Thank you
  25. Cairngorm Mountain showed snow yesterday at the CAIRNGORM sign and somebody said 'First Snow of Winter'. But it would be the first snow of Autumn 2026, Surely they should know the seasons. Frosty this morning and lovely blue cloudless sky.
  26. No offence meant but if that's your idea of high mileage, it's very different to my experience !
  27. Sklinda joined the community
  28. Yeah, from what I gather, I'm not missing much other than key recognition, but it just seems a shame how weak the Infotainment system is in an otherwise excellent car.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.