Skip to content

travs

FREEDOM
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by travs

  1. Was thinking of amending mine (but yes the 30 looks like a mountain of work). A friend of mine has a 2019 C43 AMG and the lighting there is a proper 16m colour-type blend. The standard ones are just a little better but I can't put my finger on it. The pink is a little more 'Magentary', there's a really subtle blue/violet. I guess it looks a little more...conservative/executive, if that makes sense. Makes the RGB setup we have a little more playground - I can't see the Yellow being popular, or the weird orange; can happily recode those. I've got to get my head around what needs changing, but VCDS doesn't help itself as the adaptions are all buried in Central Electrics Module which has about 10,000 options - some of which are in English, most in German, and are a pig to try and scroll down to.
  2. https://mibsolution.one/#/1/9/MOI3/Preh that’s the folder. It has what looks like 324 and 330 although I think that 330 doesn’t work. Either way if EU is the same, then you need 308 ti springboard from. I don’t see that there, not sure where to get it…
  3. Is this the Zenith you’re looking for? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/276589324672?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=3HV5h5goTGW&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=keH0uVWCQTG&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY If so, someone can essentially buy that and swap for all 4 of your wheels? Silly value - I can’t believe these haven’t been snapped up!
  4. Another great bit of work - looks like a factory job. Do you have 10 colours on your LEDs? Earlier ones had 3 I think but not sure where yours sits on that.
  5. If you go that way have a look at RacingLine for comparison too - they have the same high torque version needing a TCU remap for increased clutch clamping pressure too.
  6. Cheers, good to be grounded on that - I bought the foam sock so I’ll probably just swap that out when needed. That’s a shame about APR. Bit of a faff trying to change tuner - although giving what you’re putting through the front wheels would it be worth searching for much more?
  7. I would have said if your current version is RW, then that’s what you need and you’ll probably find the EU version won’t upload. That being said, don’t worry about getting an earlier update, just to move away from 270. Avoid 276 like the plague - that was utter garbage and broke most stuff. But 306 or 308 are fine. In fact, look for 308 as that is the best springboard to 330 when you find it.
  8. Good to have it back. Was that just a one-off? Do you know what software version you have?
  9. I remember reading a Max Power article years ago that a guy had inserted the vibration mechanism from PlayStation controllers into his seat so that when he had the kids in the car and the volume low he could still feel the bass. They raved about it but I don’t know whether it was actually any good. Also noticed Spotify was set to auto and therefore low quality so will correct that and report back.
  10. Ouch; on warranty though right? Glad it’s sorted either way. So much better when it’s a reliable system!
  11. Ok just clarifying as the title says Superb but your first post says you’re looking to buy an Octavia.
  12. Welcome. Do you mean Octavia? Prob sky best to post in the Octavia forum relevant to the model if so.
  13. Vegarz’ link should definitely work. Just as a tip - the file name says “RW” in it; this means “Rest of the world”. The version you want will be MOI3_EU 👍🏼
  14. Interesting - has the best relative volume increase over standard but that's for EA888.3. They don't have anything for EA888.4 engine. Common options I can see are Forge, Racingline, Airtec and Wagner; all seem a much of a muchness in the grand scheme of things. I'd probably go with RL seeing as that's what I've gone with so far and been impressed. Lots of material to remove - seems like that will also need the radar to be setup again afterwards too; think that'll have to be the mechanics job later in the year when I get the car serviced.
  15. Ah ok - I thought the replacement ducting overcame this but ok it’s on the list. It is a bonkers setup from our POV but I guess it made sense to VAG. I was looking at a replacement intercooler at some point, and then I can remap to RL’s Stage 1+. But the job looks to be bumper off to remove the rad pack and replace the intercooler. That was looking at a Mk8 Golf R vid. Is that what was needed on yours @JR RS
  16. The IS38 is the one on the AWD so would put you towards that tuned power (given you’re already over standard power). The 272 suffers from tuning options on the exhaust side due to the GPF I guess; same as mine. As for the lid off on the R600; I was getting classic unnecessary sarcasm off people who didn’t understand it on my project thread. But…tbh it’s probably pretty close to closing in against the soundproofing on the underside of the bonnet. Plenty of setups do that (I had one on an E36 20 years ago). Either way, I starts to move the class/classiness of the car to a hot-hatch Golf; just my 2p.
  17. I get a barely noticeable version of this when I turn the ignition on, the system turns on and the hinged flaps revert to where they’re meant to be. In other words, I’m assuming it’s where these flaps are moving about depending on where the air is being directed to. Not sure whether or how the hinges/mechanism can be lubricated though.
  18. ARB info 👍🏼 I’m adding one of these to the shopping list too https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/503715-280-awd-roll-bar-kit/
  19. I agree with JRRS, as an accountant I was focussing on the budget side of things. For example, TVS ECU and DSG remap is in the region of €1200 so pretty much uses the whole budget. Of course, if more can be allocated then fill your boots with the list above!
  20. Lovely looker. If there’s one thing a 280 Superb does well it’s a sleeper look. Budget is the restraint - obviously you can spend big money but looking at addressing power, handling, stopping and gearbox you’ll have to compromise. One thing I was wondering about was that you could save money getting a plug-in box rather than a full remap. Racechip for example is about £600 but they have sales in knocking off a fair bit sometimes. A plug-in tends to tune less aspects than a full remap but still seems to get decent results. The TVS gearbox remap is meant to be the best there is. Brakes there are decent options sticking with the same size - Mtec discs are holding up well on mine and ATE ceramic pads are good for low dust. Plenty of other options for decent performing pads though. Suspension - there is a mod you can do to improve the DCC without purchasing anything. Although comfort is great for soaking up a rough surface, undulations that move the weight of the car have you bouncing up and down. I prefer speed humps on sport mode as you don’t endlessly bounce down the road.
  21. No problem. So the entire unit is an enclosed airbox that replaces the existing airbox and the ducting at the front of the engine bay. The original ducting blocks the air coming through the right side (looking at the car from the front) of the grill which is clearly the best route for induction airflow. Instead the OE design feeds air from the left side of the grill, across the front of the car and into the airbox, so it is made to take two 90-degree turns before feeding into the original airbox, causing turbulence. The replacement uses both sides of the grill is far smoother and cooler as a result. The R600 is a very popular unit CFD-designed and made by Racingline (formerly part of VWUK Motorsport) to replace the ducting at the front and incorporate a filter that is effectively double the size. I wouldn't want a 200k km paper filter having seen what they look like after a 1/10th of that. Fairly certain they don't flow sufficient for the remapped performance, and the twin filteration system I have (cotton filter with foam oversock) means I can easily clean or replace the oversock). The noise is minimal, a little more at WOT at low revs but aside from that its very subtle. Blue hose compliments the airflow along with turbo inlet pipe. It was on sale, I'm not fussed about colour with the bonnet down. Haven't needed to change the turbo or intercooler, the stock engine gives very noticeable gains, as all the hardware is already shared with sister vehicles such as the Golf Mk8 R, Passat R, Audi S3. The intercooler would be the next thing, but the return on investment is far lower and it looks to be removing the front bumper to replace so its not a job I have the time or inclination to do on my own.
  22. Did you overlook the previous picture too?
  23. Oh, sorry, you mean Hot Air Induction? Have you seen the picture a few posts before with the lid on? I had the whole unit out to put on the replacement water pipe and took this latest photo before I put the lid back on - just as it gave a bit of context to the size/surface area compared to the original. As far as I know the R600 doesn’t have any issues with high intake temps but happy to be corrected.
  24. Hot? How do you mean?
  25. Next little update on mine. Racingline dogbone mounts ordered and at the same time the R600 water pipe. Engine still isn’t cleaned properly but thought this was good indicator of the size of the filter; as well as the neatness of the replacement pipe.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.