Your Yeti pet hate?

BACK ON TOPIC....... I do not like that hidden bit of the rear bumper where the tailgate swoops down to click with the lock.

There is a bit of black plastic bumper that is concealed beneath the beautifully painted back door where all manner of crud gets deposited, and accumulates, and stays, and develops a life entirely of its own, with not a drop of fertiliser to be seen for miles.

Mine has a fine crop of King Edwards growing there at this very minute, so I can look forward to a decent lunch one day, of boiled new potatoes, and freshly extinguished farm collie harvested from the front bumper, and finely diced by the cooling fan, with gravy provided by the droplets collected from the incessant drippings from the top of the storm lashed doors.

All this, of course, delicately enhanced and seasoned by the profuse splatterings of aromatic manure generously sprayed up and over the lower reaches of the sills and doors. Nom nom, as todays ad-lib fridge-grazing teenagers would have it.

Thanks to those-that-be for air-con and shuttable windows say I, with feeling.

And so, in summary - what the F**k am i on about? The leading edge of the top level of the rear bumper; the propensity to get dripped upon no matter which door you open first after a shower; the ability of the front wheels to change the colour of your car depending upon what they are driving over or through at any particular time. Oh - and finally - teenagers of any age.

Apart from those minor exceptions, I have no detested bits on MY yeti, though were I to drive YOUR Yeti it could be completely different. (Like all the electronic decision making gizmoids that exist merely to increase drivers' irascibility, speedos, cruise controls, lights, and so on. ( wish I were permitted by law to prescribe, for humans, some chill-pills. Works wonders for puppies suckling the bitch in the den.... ..... ..... .....)

BACK ON TOPIC....... I do not like that hidden bit of the rear bumper where the tailgate swoops down to click with the lock.

There is a bit of black plastic bumper that is concealed beneath the beautifully painted back door where all manner of crud gets deposited, and accumulates, and stays, and develops a life entirely of its own, with not a drop of fertiliser to be seen for miles.

Mine has a fine crop of King Edwards growing there at this very minute, so I can look forward to a decent lunch one day, of boiled new potatoes, and freshly extinguished farm collie harvested from the front bumper, and finely diced by the cooling fan, with gravy provided by the droplets collected from the incessant drippings from the top of the storm lashed doors.

All this, of course, delicately enhanced and seasoned by the profuse splatterings of aromatic manure generously sprayed up and over the lower reaches of the sills and doors. Nom nom, as todays ad-lib fridge-grazing teenagers would have it.

Thanks to those-that-be for air-con and shuttable windows say I, with feeling.

And so, in summary - what the F**k am i on about? The leading edge of the top level of the rear bumper; the propensity to get dripped upon no matter which door you open first after a shower; the ability of the front wheels to change the colour of your car depending upon what they are driving over or through at any particular time. Oh - and finally - teenagers of any age.

Apart from those minor exceptions, I have no detested bits on MY yeti, though were I to drive YOUR Yeti it could be completely different. (Like all the electronic decision making gizmoids that exist merely to increase drivers' irascibility, speedos, cruise controls, lights, and so on. ( wish I were permitted by law to prescribe, for humans, some chill-pills. Works wonders for puppies suckling the bitch in the den.... ..... ..... .....)

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Thanx fresh acre, just what I needed.

Boot floor with a spare wheel. That's a comment not a complaint.

Now the complaints. With the "false" floor the useable area behind the rear seats (when slid forward) isn't really of much use for anything. I.e. It's just really an awkward hole.

AND

In fact it's just two useless holes as why oh why doesn't the armrest slide. :thumbdown:

Boot floor with a spare wheel. That's a comment not a complaint.

Now the complaints. With the "false" floor the useable area behind the rear seats (when slid forward) isn't really of much use for anything. I.e. It's just really an awkward hole.

AND

In fact it's just two useless holes as why oh why doesn't the armrest slide. :thumbdown:

Find that space useful myself for storing odds and ends like a first aid kit, particularly when we have a car full of kit when travelling on our hols.

TP

Find that space useful myself for storing odds and ends like a first aid kit, particularly when we have a car full of kit when travelling on our hols.

TP

I keep a golf umbrella there.....easy access when middle seat removed. But I do know what you mean.

I didn't get at first what you meant about the 2 holes, then realised I don't have the problem as mentioned, as I don't have the centre seat kept in the SM.

Ditch the false floor, tie the spare wheel to the fixing points so it is vertical on either drivers or passenger side. Note you can't use the parcel shelf doing this unless you cut a part of it out.

That way you will have spare wheel and access to the whole boot area......and no problems when you slide the seat forward.

Note in the photo below I have the parcel shelf behind the seats and the middle seat in place...

post-36710-0-32440800-1313849702_thumb.jpg

Thanks. An interesting idea but methinks that her indoors might have a few choice words to say about the alterations.

Might also be doubtful of fitting in two large pooches without the central armrest.

No they won't sit in the boot & like their comfort. ;)

People who want to tell the world that they have have ordered a Yeti, or tell the world they have got a got a Yeti (usually rendered as 'taken delivery of), or have named a Yet. I don't hate them. I just think they are sad.

FFS sake. Get a life.

People who want to tell the world that they have have ordered a Yeti, or tell the world they have got a got a Yeti (usually rendered as 'taken delivery of), or have named a Yet. I don't hate them. I just think they are sad.

FFS sake. Get a life.

Umm its a car forum and thats what happens. In fact every car forum I have been on you will have exactly the same behaviour. If you think its sad maybe a car forum is not for you. ;)

Edited by HeffS

FFS sake. Get a life.

Not what one would expect from a "NEWBIE"

You need to get a little more postings under your belt before coming on here and welding the big axe

FFS sake. Get a life.

May I suggest that you grow up a little KevinF, and apologise to ramonford for you puerile outburst.

I think I have enough 'posts' under my belt to be able to tell you how you should behave here, and You've just overstepped your mark!!! emoticon-0120-doh.gif

FFS sake. Get a life.

Just checked out all your posts Kevin. Some days are just grumpy days aren't they? When you are just too fed up with things. Just a thought for you.

I too don't especially enjoy the waiting time/indecision threads which explains why I bought ex-demo.

The fact is on a forum you have two choices you can read the bits you find interesting and contribute where you want and can add something or you can just jump in to an area which you don't find interesting and insult part of the membership.

The second way is the Troll path.

FFS sake. Get a life.

Spotted here, er, in my driveway on the downs in West Berkshire, a Yeti.

Got it yesterday, ex-demo 1.4 TSI SE.

Had wonderful value from civinfo.com, the UK Honda civic forum and now, having part-exchanged the Civic yesterday to part-fund the Skoda, am looking forward to meeting people here, picking brains and, you never know, maybe contributing a little too.

With best wishes to all.

KevinF.

Hi Kevin!

Just above my reply is a copy of your first message, what went wrong between your first and last post?

This is by nature a geek-forum, or a forum for anoracks as you British would say, thats why we love it

and keep coming back. Your first post suggested you were one of us, your last post (copy uppermost)

tells me that you have not got it at all................

Have a look around, enjoy the wealth of info here, enjoy the good mood and sometimes hilarious

comments and enjoy life!

Welcome back and Get a life yourself, thank you :-)

Cheers and best regards

Otto

Who really enjoy beeing here

Hi Kevin!

Just above my reply is a copy of your first message, what went wrong between your first and last post?

This is by nature a geek-forum, or a forum for anoraks as you British would say, that's why we love it

and keep coming back. Your first post suggested you were one of us, your last post (copy uppermost)

tells me that you have not got it at all................

Have a look around, enjoy the wealth of info here, enjoy the good mood and sometimes hilarious

comments and enjoy life!

Welcome back and Get a life yourself, thank you :-)

Cheers and best regards

Otto

Who really enjoy being here

I suppose this ought now to be considered a case of 'the pot calling the kettle black' ;)

Brilliant! :giggle::thumbup:

.... now can we get back on topic ..... ;)

I suppose this ought now to be considered a case of 'the pot calling the kettle black' ;)

Brilliant! :giggle::thumbup:

.... now can we get back on topic ..... ;)

Yes... What has a hazelnut in every bite?

Sqirrel sh....... :giggle:

Seriously... The way the instruments are illuminated in good daylight but not when I drive through a tunnel.

Common sense would say it should be the other way round.

Or is it a euro ploy to make us turn lights on in tunnels I wonder?

Are you really saying that when the lights come on automatically, the dashboard lights don't? I will be most upset if this is the case. None of my other cars do this (or should that be don't do this).

If you put headlights on, manually or by using the 'Auto' then the dashboard lights also come on.

I think what CFB is referring to is no dashboard lights in a tunnel when he does not have headlights on. Not everyone has 'auto' lights and some tunnels don't need headlights.

I think what CFB is referring to is no dashboard lights in a tunnel when he does not have headlights on. Not everyone has 'auto' lights and some tunnels don't need headlights.

If I'm not mistaken every car since the Ford Model T up to a few years ago did not have dashboards lights without the lights on! :no: It is a very recent thing to have some dash illumination on permanently. And as long as it is some (on my Audi it was just the needles) you can at least see your speed BUT you know that your headlights are not on. Some cars these days have everything on inside and then the drivers drive around totally unaware that they have no headlights on. A really stupid feature in my book...

So just like in the 90s, the 80s, the 70s and all the decades before that you need to turn your headlights on to see your speed when you go into a tunnel. :giggle: (IF you don't have auto lights on your Yeti that is!)

If you put headlights on, manually or by using the 'Auto' then the dashboard lights also come on.

Yup, spot on bahn

OK. Thanks for that. I do however feel that if one cannot see something, and there is a light switch available...

yes, I do know how to operate the switch, I am an engineer after all.

However, the engineer in me says that it would be more useful to have the whole of the instruments illuminated when you suddenly go from daylight into a tunnel where the ambient light in the cockpit is too low to read the instruments clearly.

Most tunnels in this country are quite short and there is not really a need to have lights on as ambient light outside is high enough to see clearly but not enough to keep the sensor for the instrument lighting fooled so that they stay lit.

I suppose this all started when some cleverdick car designer decided it looked cool to have pretty coloured dash lights on all the time but forgot the numpty who would be driving his masterpiece would be too busy staring at the pretty colours to turn the headlights on when it gets dark!

IIRC there was a thread ages ago about this and the sensor but I cannot remember if anyone actually found the beast.

TP where are you? Any clues from the oracle that is the parts manual?

IIRC there was a thread ages ago about this and the sensor but I cannot remember if anyone actually found the beast.

TP where are you? Any clues from the oracle that is the parts manual?

From the Skoda website:

If the automatic light control* is switched on, the light is regulated with the light sensor in the rear mirror holder. If the light intensity drops below the set value, e.g when driving during the day into a tunnel, the low beam and the side lights as well as the licence plate light come on automatically. If the light intensity increases again, the lights switch off automatically.

look here:

Skoda lights

cheers

otto

FFS sake. Get a life.

Hi everyone.

Just wanted you all to know that I have ordered a Yeti.

He will be called Sotch.

I'm happy.

PS Got a life too.