age of the person who drives a fabia vrs or monte carlo

curs

I was 21 when I bought the Fabia vRS, now 22. Top spec comprehensively insured for a cool £450 PA.

That is very cheap insurance for such a young nipper like yourself. Who you insured with? :think:

I have been driving since I was 17 and now getting on a bit in life at 43, no bumps, no claims, no points..... why is mine only £120 less than yours? lol

I picked my mk2 Fabia vrs up in december 2011, just under a month before my 19th birthday, and fully comp insurance was just under £1200 I think. Not to bad really. My 17yr old brother passed his test today and paid £3000 insurance for his 1litre 7yr old vauxhall corsa. Ouch.

My mum bought her Fabia VRS last year to replace her diesel VRS which she had had for 6 years , she is 65 yrs old next month :)

I picked my mk2 Fabia vrs up in december 2011, just under a month before my 19th birthday, and fully comp insurance was just under £1200 I think. Not to bad really. My 17yr old brother passed his test today and paid £3000 insurance for his 1litre 7yr old vauxhall corsa. Ouch.

How does a 17yr old afford 3 grand for insurance?

I'd give up driving if insurance was that high ;)

I'm in my early 40's & switched to a mk2 vrs earlier this year after 10 years of owning bmw's, the last being an m3.

I really miss the joys of rwd, as fwd feels like such a compromise on a sporty car, but the vrs is just about quick enough for me for the real world & the running costs were the clincher, so overall I'm very happy with it.

• 2 weeks later...

Fabia vRS Hatch, bought just after my 24th Birthday. Insurance is very reasonable on this car (part of the reason I bought it!)

• 11 months later...

Am I the oldest Fabia VRS Mk2 owner on the club website. Was 72 on 11th of May.

Not to old to enjoy the pleasure of driving a fast car!!

Hoping to make the club meet at Gaydon.

• Like 3

I'm in my 30's and I think driving a VRS has the odd effect of making me feel like I'm both too old to be driving the car and simultaneously too young! ... It is an estate.

My previous two cars were two extremes ... I had (still have for now) a Civic Type R EK9 that made me feel like a 17year old hooligan when driving it and a Audi B7 RS4 that made it feel like I'd stolen my dad's car (he actually drives Volvo zzzzzzzzzzzzz).

Edited by Mike_Bike