What made you choose your username?

grr666

• 2 weeks later...

Mine came from my nieces some years ago, they used to call me uncle Lesmond, and it stuck ever since, I even own the domain "lesmonds" I wanted "lesmond" but it was taken :(

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I should get around to posting it here despite being on the site for years.

My username is related to the time I joined a Counter Strike Clan way back - I was the second Scot to join the clan shortly followed by another (was just playing for fun up to then and using my name as a tag at the time) and someone commented "its the kilted takeover" so I ended up stealing that as my tag. Been using it ever since online for almost everything.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I thought I had found the car of my dreams - fast, affordable, frugal, innocent looking, reliable  hence vRS4ever. Recent events have changed my mind & I'm thinking of changing it to "vRSnever"

I simply use my own initial and surname, with a random number added. Started to use it on another forum ages ago, where I felt too many people were hiding behind pseudonyms to fling unpleasant stuff about.

Stuck with the same name on subsequent forums (including this one) 'cos I'm too lazy to keep thinking up new ones!

• Like 2

It's a throwback to a username I had for years on Club Polo: Karl_CLCoupe, obviously denoting my name and what car I had.

Times change and all that. Still Got aforementioned Polo, but 60 mile a day commutes were not healthy for it, so me and t'other half bought an Octy TDi Combi and the rest as they say...

• Like 1

A Nickname I have had since my school rugby playing days due to the manic nature of my game ;)

Wile (as in Wile E Coyote - my favourite cartoon character) and the number of my favourite fun car - Lotus 7.

The other option was Caveman but that's a story I'd rather not tell as I am happily married now :D

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My company is called Bax*** & Lin****, and an Insurance company gave us baxlin as a reference many years ago, I've used it on various forums (fora?) ever since.

Malcolm