Delivery times

Generally how many days/weeks can they tell you a provisional build date after placing the order?

I don't think they can at the moment.

I ordered mine on 19 August. Just spoke to Skoda UK and its down for week 2. Because I ordered Front Assist.

Generally how many days/weeks can they tell you a provisional build date after placing the order?

Got my original build week (week 47) after 1 week. Ordered vRS estate 1st Sept. Build week now week 6 2014 because of ACC.

Ordered my Octy Est 2.0TDI SE 4x4 on Fri 26.7.13 on business contract hire from Skoda Business Finance with the following extras: spare wheel/tools, sunset glass, front armrest, mats, MFSW, cruise control & winter pack (so nothing there to cause a delay).

Took a couple of weeks for them to confirm a week 38 build & it was delivered to my nominated dealer last Fri 4.10.13 & I'll pick it up this Fri 11.10.13 = 11 weeks total versus the 12 to 13 weeks that I was quoted at the time of order.

Maybe delivery times will increase even more?

http://www.automotiveworld.com/news-releases/skoda-on-the-rise-in-september/

ŠKODA on the rise in September

ŠKODA global deliveries to customers up by 3.3% to 86,000 cars in September 2013; January to September – 684,900 vehicles 
› Strong growth in Europe – up 9.4% ; ŠKODA’s market share increases 
› Deliveries to customers in Czech Republic up by 20.1% 
› New ŠKODA range very well received – New Octavia deliveries up  by 26% in Western Europe 
› New Rapid Spaceback and all new Yeti are ready for launch

Ordered 30.09. Elegance 1.8 TSI dsg, race blue, leather, Columbus, ele. Seat, sunset, kessy, mode sel. 3 spoke steeringwheel dsg, canton, pakass 2.0, el. Boot, spare wheel, sport susp. Hitch.

Build week 48...

Hope so..

Edited by Rakash

Just had a phone call from SUK it appears that my car is that Sheerness and should be at the dealers next week.

Wonder what I picked up on Tuesday.

Is it buy one, get one free?!?!?!?! You've just paid for one and the one thats at Sheerness is your free one hahah

Mine just moved forward a week and went into final production planning! It's gonna be built Week 44 (thats October 31st at the latest) :)

And since there's no stupid ferry to worry about, delivery should be about 2 weeks, so I should have it between 4 months and 4month 1 week from when I ordered ... not that I'm counting *cough*.

Is it buy one, get one free?!?!?!?! You've just paid for one and the one thats at Sheerness is your free one hahah

Maybe that's why the rest of us are struggling. Because there giving them away.

Just got a call from the dealer that my Octavia 2.0TDi elegance is delayed until February 2014 due to problem with supplies of Front Assist.

This applies to all VAG cars.  In fact as of last week, Front Assist has been removed from the spec.  No change in pricing!  If i agreed to not

have Front Assist, delivery could be brought forward to December.

Had a call this afternoon from my dealer to say my car has been built and they were organising delivery. Said to expect it in about 3 weeks. :-)

Then as soon as I put the phone down it rang again, this time SUK, to tell me the car has been built and is at Emden awaiting the ferry

:-D