The Skoda Yeti FL Discussion thread

Do you like the Yeti FL  

314 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the Yeti FL?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided
  2. 2. Do you miss the front fog lights? (multiple choice answers possible)

• Yes
    • No
    • Looks fine without
    • Looks worse without
  3. 3. Has the FL made you more inclined to buy a new Yeti

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

I don't love it or hate it, ordered a FL because I feel it's time to change before the value of my current monster gets to low, and I have to inject even more cash to change.  

The main factor for me is the yeti fills all my requirements, small enough for SWMBO to drive, large enough with seats out to move stuff around, and good off road to get to my clay shoot car park, keeps us moving in snow and give a good mpg.

Also I can't see the outside when I'm sitting inside :rofl:  :rofl:      

...PS: does look a bit BMW from the front - what do others think?

A bit disappointed, TBH, although we won't get the truth until someone actually gets their hands on an FL.  It didn't look too bad in the various teaser images but RapidRonnie's image at #599 shows a definite feline lips-curled snarl - not our old friendly pussy-cat smile like this -

Smile_zps6d2c29ff.jpg

:sweat:

A bit disappointed, TBH, although we won't get the truth until someone actually gets their hands on an FL.

Erm... I've been inside and out both a City and an Outdoor at the Frankfurt motor show. My verdict is in this thread somewhere. :happy: And it wasn't a particularly good verdict.

Sorry, Johann, of course you have, and I did have that somewhere in mind.  What I so miserably failed to convey was that we haven't yet seen pics of an actual FL in the real world - i.e. (in this context) not on an exhibition stand, where all (or most) things can be made to look good.  I don't think the snarl has shown before. 

• Like 1

Sorry, Johann, of course you have, and I did have that somewhere in mind. What I so miserably failed to convey was that we haven't yet seen pics of an actual FL in the real world - i.e. (in this context) not on an exhibition stand, where all (or most) things can be made to look good. I don't think the snarl has shown before.

True. Cars look so different when you see them in scale next to others and under real sunlight. We have had real ones in the Škoda video though. So that is the most accurate view of them and moving.

What did you think of them in the video? I thought they looked pretty good.

I've been quite interested in the negativity toward the facelift aesthetics from existing owners. I remember exactly the same happening on the forum when the mk2 Octavia facelift came out in 2009.

What did you think of them in the video? I thought they looked pretty good.

I've been quite interested in the negativity toward the facelift aesthetics from existing owners. I remember exactly the same happening on the forum when the mk2 Octavia facelift came out in 2009.

Yes a strange thing individual perception of a cars look. Not taken by the Octy II in either pre or post face lift; owned one for a while but couldn't settle with it for a number of reasons and regretted chopping in our last Mk1 for it (silly itchy feet). Switched to a Golf V TDI 4motion, then the Yeti.

Of the new breed of cars I tend to think the Rapid Spaceback looks best but there's no 4x4 and having driven our Fabia's deep into Europe, I know its unlikely to be the most comfortable and relaxing long distance cruiser, although it would obviously do the job.

So I've gone with the Octy III, designed from scratch with the new look in mind, which makes it's lines sit fairly easy on the eye. At first admittedly the Berb FL I wasn't to keen on from the rendering images but in the metal its actually an improvement on the pre FL and by chance it's original design had features used in the Octy III and Rapid such as the window framing and sharper shoulder lines.

The Yeti on the other hand is of the same design generation and style of the Octavia II, with rounded shoulders and body coloured door framing. These older design philosophy features which remain unchanged, for me anyway, don't sit right with the new sharp angles added to the front. Add to this the strange projections over the outdoors fogs and the even stranger Lego brick plastic insert above them.

My take anyway,

TP

it is said  that Yeti made by shanghai VW is coming to local Skoda shops this month.

as the first model,it will be a 118kw 1.8TSI all wheel drive with 6speed DSG.

then, a 110kw 1.4TSI with 5MT or 7speed DSG will come later.

some photos from local web sets.

post-73602-0-42306600-1382184718_thumb.jpg

post-73602-0-56039500-1382184709_thumb.jpg

post-73602-0-85127900-1382184713_thumb.jpg

post-73602-0-14520500-1382184722_thumb.jpg

Rear spare wheel is one of options.

post-73602-0-28850700-1382184698_thumb.jpg

Edited by XueRen
  • Like 3

Came away from dealer today with a night to think about deal before I place order ,,,,, 170 cr elegance jungle green , elec drivers seat, heated windscreen, 12spk sound, Amundsen. 380 a month with 1500 dep ,,,,,,,

Do I go for it ? Is this car really as good as everyone says it is ?

Current lease is an ix35 , painfully slow with awful seats and very poor refinement in cabin

Is it just me that thinks the spare wheel on the back looks quite good?

Well, 'quite good' might be going a bit far, perhaps, but the format is nothing unusual.  Think of the extra boot space, too. 

The structural aspect is another case entirely!

Came away from dealer today with a night to think about deal before I place order ,,,,, 170 cr elegance jungle green , elec drivers seat, heated windscreen, 12spk sound, Amundsen. 380 a month with 1500 dep ,,,,,,,

Do I go for it ? Is this car really as good as everyone says it is ?

Current lease is an ix35 , painfully slow with awful seats and very poor refinement in cabin

Go for it. You will not regret it. Add DSG and the sunroof and it will be perfect!

On reflection, if it's the FL version you'll be ordering I think it looks pug ugly!

Maybe, maybe not......although I am sure there are many  who think the same about the pre FL. Personally, I think they are both great having owned a pre FL and with a FL on order.

It will be interesting to see how overall sales go, as I think Skoda's marketing strategy will be spot on.  I believe they may well attract more buyers for the FL who would not of otherwise purchased the old one (acquired taste?). 

Only time will tell though.

PS: It is the FL Kerms34 will be ordering, as old one no longer available for order - and the clue is in the colour he prefers  - Jungle Green (new FL colour - same as my choice).

• Like 1

Went back down to dealer today ,,, he pointed out that the elegance with the options I had spec'd wasn't far off the price off a l&k ,,, so the deal was done ,,,, FL Cr 170 4x4 L&K on its way to the kerms household !!!!!! Proper excited. Glad I didn't go for a vrs now,,,, almost same power with four wheel drive and comfort !

Congratulations. I don't think I'd agree on the comfort point though. An Octavia vRS has more supportive seats and markedly less tyre and wind noise. I suppose the Yeti is easier to get in and out of.

On comfort, the Yeti has an immensely comfortable driving position. I concede that there are better seats but the very upright seats combined with the excellent view take some beating. My old lexus 400 (in toyota badged grey market form) has been the only car I've had which covered miles more comfortably. It was the steel sprung pre-electronic mark 11 and a formidable london traffic weapon as well.

• Like 1