Retro fit footwell lights Octy III

My journey with this car and lighting is not going well as ever. I have cracked out my footwell lights now and begin installing them. Great. They work as well when the door is opened and with the lights on. Lovely. But I cannot for the life of me get the slider to show in the infotainment. When I tick Fussraumbeleuchtung and change from not installed to installed it adds a tab called Background lighting and it’s blank! I can’t get a slider and lights and this doesn’t do anything. Any ideas? Thanks

4F2F4031-4F66-4084-8390-65098D4D98C4.thumb.jpeg.6090685f175d41a085e96671496c21ab.jpeg

DB36697D-BD6C-4C49-A514-5FEBC9E4176A.thumb.jpeg.4d6c1e800e127649abd625d4ec965bf7.jpeg

Edited by SashaGrace

• 8 months later...

Hello and Greetings from Italy.

I need help with the coding of the footwell lights of my octavia Wagon gtec executive 2016.

I applied all the parameters shown in this post, but the lights don't work.

I double-checked the connection on connector C position 72, it seems to be going well, but I don't have the certainty that the output is activated.

So I think it's a coding problem.

Some idea?

Thank you.

• 1 month later...

I bought the footwell loom to complete the retro fit. Got all the car stripped down, and cane to install to the BCM C pin 72

the pin connector that is installed on the loom is too small?

anyone know what size connector I need to install so that it clips into the BCM properly?

• 4 weeks later...
On 20/05/2019 at 17:34, jamesruk said:

I bought the footwell loom to complete the retro fit. Got all the car stripped down, and cane to install to the BCM C pin 72

the pin connector that is installed on the loom is too small?

anyone know what size connector I need to install so that it clips into the BCM properly?

I am having the same problem mine worked fine but the pin never fitted properly so am thinking about using a vag repair cable as this should have the correct size pin and then just splice into the footwell loom

• 4 weeks later...
On 07/07/2018 at 16:10, SashaGrace said:

My journey with this car and lighting is not going well as ever. I have cracked out my footwell lights now and begin installing them. Great. They work as well when the door is opened and with the lights on. Lovely. But I cannot for the life of me get the slider to show in the infotainment. When I tick Fussraumbeleuchtung and change from not installed to installed it adds a tab called Background lighting and it’s blank! I can’t get a slider and lights and this doesn’t do anything. Any ideas? Thanks

4F2F4031-4F66-4084-8390-65098D4D98C4.thumb.jpeg.6090685f175d41a085e96671496c21ab.jpeg

DB36697D-BD6C-4C49-A514-5FEBC9E4176A.thumb.jpeg.4d6c1e800e127649abd625d4ec965bf7.jpeg

Did you ever find a solution to this? 

• 3 months later...

Installed footwell lights in Golf MK7 and finally got it 100% working (full brightness on door open, dim background illumination, brightness adjustment from infotainment). The problem was caused by the adaptation channels Interior lighting; parameter - p_helligkeit_XXX_fussraum all set by default to 0. Coding procedure should be the same for all MQB cars, so if anyone have problems with getting it working in O3, check below.

Requires connecting positive wire to BCM (socket C; pin 72) and negative to chassis ground.

Module: 09 (Central Electronics)
Coding → Long Coding → Byte: 05 → Bit: 7enable

Coding → Long Coding → Byte: 17 → Bit: 3enable

Security Access → Code: 31347

Adaptation → Channel: Leuchte30FR LC72 - Lasttyp 30 → 36-LED Kleinleistung

Adaptation → Channel: Leuchte30FR LC72 - Fehlerort mittleres Byte DTC-DFCC 30 → 02

Adaptation → Channel: Leuchte30FR LC72 - Lichtfunktion A 30 → Fussraumlicht

Adaptation → Channel: Leuchte30FR LC72 - Dimmwert AB 30 → 100

Adaptation → Channel: Leuchte30FR LC72 - Lichtansteuerung HD AB 30 → always

Adaptation → Channel: Ambient lighting - Defaultwert Ambienteprofil Fussraum → 100%

Adaptation → Channel: Interior light; light configuration - Fussraumbeleuchtung → installed

Adaptation → Channel: Interior lighting; parameter - p_adaption_kundenwunsch_fussraum → 14

Adaptation → Channel: Interior lighting; parameter - p_helligkeit_max_fussraum → 100%

Adaptation → Channel: Interior lighting; parameter - p_helligkeit_HD_auf_zuendung_ein_fussraum → 126%

Adaptation → Channel: Interior lighting; parameter - p_helligkeit_HD_auf_zuendung_aus_fussraum → 127%

Adaptation → Channel: Interior lighting; parameter - p_helligkeit_dieseTuer_auf_zuendung_ein_fussraum → 70%

Adaptation → Channel: Interior lighting; parameter - p_helligkeit_andereTuer_auf_zuendung_ein_fussraum → 70%

Adaptation → Channel: Interior lighting; parameter - p_helligkeit_Fzg_geschlossen_zuendung_ein_fussraum → 126%

Adaptation → Channel: Interior lighting; parameter - p_helligkeit_dieseTuer_auf_zuendung_aus_fussraum → 70%

Adaptation → Channel: Interior lighting; parameter - p_helligkeit_andereTuer_auf_zuendung_aus_fussraum → 70%

Adaptation → Channel: Interior lighting; parameter - p_helligkeit_einausstieg_fussraum → 70%

Adaptation → Channel: Interior lighting; parameter - p_helligkeit_Fzg_geschlossen_zuendung_aus_fussraum → 70%

Adaptation → Channel: Interior lighting; parameter - p_helligkeit_Tueren_geschlossen_HD_auf_zuendung_aus_fussraum → 70%

Adaptation → Channel: Interior lighting; parameter - p_helligkeit_Tueren_geschlossen_HD_zu_zuendung_aus_fussraum → 70%

Adaptation → Channel: Interior lighting; parameter - p_helligkeit_Tueren_geschlossen_schluessel_ab_fussraum → 70%

Adaptation → Channel: Interior lighting; parameter - p_helligkeit_Fzg_geschlossen_schluessel_ab_fussraum → 70%

Module: 5F (Information electronics)
Adaptation → Channel: Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2 - menu_display_ambient_illumination → activated

Adaptation → Channel: Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2 - menu_display_ambient_illumination_over_threshold_high → activated

Source: http://ilovecarmods.com/volkswagen/golf/mk7-5g

• Like 1

On ‎13‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 13:28, SashaGrace said:

Kind of. New radio has a new diagram but the lights aren’t correctly adjustable. They aren’t even correctly fitted tbh. I never got around to it!

Like you I have come from MIB1 to MIB2. But my lights where fitted before I upgraded, and I had the slider on screen.

But after the upgrade, I just get the screen showing the cabin, and asking me to select an area. Problem is there are no areas I can select.

Think there may be some more coding required.

Mine has always been like that. It should be that, the footwell light should be able to be selected on that menu. I think this is the difficulty with mismatching the newer radio with old BCM firmware. I have an FL BCM on the table ready to go in one day for ambient lighting and key personalisation but I haven’t gotten around to it yet!

• 2 months later...
On 18/10/2019 at 12:13, SashaGrace said:

Mine has always been like that. It should be that, the footwell light should be able to be selected on that menu. I think this is the difficulty with mismatching the newer radio with old BCM firmware. I have an FL BCM on the table ready to go in one day for ambient lighting and key personalisation but I haven’t gotten around to it yet!

Any luck retrofitting lights to octy 3 

• 8 months later...

Old thread resurrection.

Will this work on 2017 FL SEL?? I can see the holes for the lights ok. 

Currently looking at 2 kits on a/express. Which one is best the one with LED’s already installed or the ones with incandescent bulbs that I can swap out for LED’s?? I’m thinking the latter as if an led board burns out it’ll be difficult to replace over just putting a new bulb in.    

• 5 months later...
On 26/09/2020 at 15:04, MrWJG said:

Old thread resurrection.

Will this work on 2017 FL SEL?? I can see the holes for the lights ok. 

Currently looking at 2 kits on a/express. Which one is best the one with LED’s already installed or the ones with incandescent bulbs that I can swap out for LED’s?? I’m thinking the latter as if an led board burns out it’ll be difficult to replace over just putting a new bulb in.    

In case you haven't done it already or someone else comes across this.  I just (last night) fitted the led ones, they are very similar in light output to std A3, Golf etc. Seem to be a lower profile than the w5w ones, helps fitting. I wouldn't buy a bulb that has a shorter lifespan than a led,  in case the led which is meant to last 100x longer burns out. Single led light units are readily available for ~£10. The other advantage is you don't end up with stadium level lighting in the footwell if you do decide to swap to some Chinese led bulbs. 

PS I coded my lights to the 4*3W LED  option and that gives me full control of the brightness and doesn't throw an error code. 

• 1 year later...
On 03/03/2021 at 09:51, Powerred said:

In case you haven't done it already or someone else comes across this.  I just (last night) fitted the led ones, they are very similar in light output to std A3, Golf etc. Seem to be a lower profile than the w5w ones, helps fitting. I wouldn't buy a bulb that has a shorter lifespan than a led,  in case the led which is meant to last 100x longer burns out. Single led light units are readily available for ~£10. The other advantage is you don't end up with stadium level lighting in the footwell if you do decide to swap to some Chinese led bulbs. 

PS I coded my lights to the 4*3W LED  option and that gives me full control of the brightness and doesn't throw an error code. 

Hi @Powerred are you able to advise what kit you used please? I have an octy3 scout but assuming all the kits for vw are the same?? 

I’ve seen some lights on an auction site but they don’t seem to come with harness 

I bought a kit from Rocket Wires (mostly because I don't like to wait), they are more expensive than those from eBay/Aliexpress but I can't fault the quality.

You can choose between Halogen and Red/White LED options, also front/rear kits.

I have put some images below (excuse the state of the car :D).

20220301_094858.jpg

20220301_095050.jpg

20220301_192213.jpg

20220301_192305.jpg

• Like 1

On 22/03/2022 at 09:15, MATT0693 said:

I bought a kit from Rocket Wires (mostly because I don't like to wait), they are more expensive than those from eBay/Aliexpress but I can't fault the quality.

You can choose between Halogen and Red/White LED options, also front/rear kits.

I have put some images below (excuse the state of the car :D).

20220301_094858.jpg

20220301_095050.jpg

20220301_192213.jpg

20220301_192305.jpg

These look great.
How difficult were they to wire in? How did you get the menu into your system?

15 minutes ago, Noms said:

These look great.
How difficult were they to wire in? How did you get the menu into your system?

They aren't to bad to fit, just have to pop the one wire into the BCM connector and then the other to a suitable earthing point, the fiddly bit is unplugging the connector from the control module.

It took me around an hour to do it, with most of that being spent upside down in the footwell trying to put the pin in the BCM connector.

The menu is just some simple coding in VCDS, the kit came with instructions but they are also available on the forum.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Anyone in London, that would could fit them for me in my 2014 vrs estate? I have an obdeleven as well with a bolero head unit? I am not confident with trim removal at all 

7 hours ago, Zesh64 said:

Anyone in London, that would could fit them for me in my 2014 vrs estate? I have an obdeleven as well with a bolero head unit? I am not confident with trim removal at all 

I was worried about this too but it really was quite simple. Not a plastic clip in site which is good!

I bought a kit from Ali and express and it came really quickly and included oem led lights and a descent wiring loom.