New Golf R

alex_e3

So here we go again with people just wanting to get a topic about a VAG car locked on a VAG car site............................how very clever & childish!!!

I will just put a link to my previous rant post on this mater in this thread on the 13th May 2015 post number 2169.....

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/307502-new-golf-r/?p=4245359

:wonder:

• Like 1

So here we go again with people just wanting to get a topic about a VAG car locked on a VAG car site............................how very clever & childish!!!

To be fair though, it's an old thread now.

How many more reviews and repeats do we need to see? It's got the faint smell of an owner wanting to brag / confirm to themselves / others that they are happy with their lease/purchase. (Which they should be, after reading around 1000 reviews posted on this thread alone, it's a very capable car!)

I wish there was a MK1 Fabia VRS thread similar to this, that could have been hundreds on pages long by now and full of reviews / reposted reviews and owners briefly describing 'went for a drive' stories.

• Like 3

To be fair though, it's an old thread now.

How many more reviews and repeats do we need to see? It's got the faint smell of an owner wanting to brag / confirm to themselves / others that they are happy with their lease/purchase. (Which they should be, after reading around 1000 reviews posted on this thread alone, it's a very capable car!)

I wish there was a MK1 Fabia VRS thread similar to this, that could have been hundreds on pages long by now and full of reviews / reposted reviews and owners briefly describing 'went for a drive' stories.

Spot on,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I will just put a link to my previous rant post on this mater in this thread on the 13th May 2015 post number 2169.....

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/307502-new-golf-r/?p=4245359

:wonder:

I don't think anybody wants this thread locked, I certainly don't.

Some more entertaining content would be nice rather than all the reviews etc. We can google that stuff anytime we like.

I want to see Keith doing a 4-wheel drift in his R down his local supermarket carpark ;-) lol

• Like 3

Some more entertaining content would be nice rather than all the reviews etc. We can google that stuff anytime we like.

I want to see Keith doing a 4-wheel drift in his R down his local supermarket carpark ;-) lol

More links that the chain on my bike

• Like 1

Ive got a few vids of that stuff.

But not in an R, And nothing id post on here haha.

Its a nice car. But its nothing to spend page after page reading reviews on. Just like a normal golf but abit faster imo.

• Like 1

Ive got a few vids of that stuff.

But not in an R, And nothing id post on here haha.

Its a nice car. But its nothing to spend page after page reading reviews on. Just like a normal golf but abit faster imo.

Oliver, do be precise in your facts at least, 117 pages ;)

Tp be precise it's a topic about a Volkswagen on a Skoda site

:)

Don't worry - it won't be. :thumbup:

I can't think of another thread that's quite so contentious - especially with people that seem to have no interest in the car! :envy:

I'm willing to put money on the fact that most of the people who don't like this thread, would still love to have an R on their driveway! Live and let live should be the motto to work to.

Anyway, as has been said on multiple occasions previously, if you don't have anything constructive to say within the thread, then don't post and if nobody posts then it will drop off the grid. If people do post, then it stays at the top. It's as simple as that. However, trolling the thread, as appears to have happened recently, will definitely lead to a more pro-active stance by Staff.

• Like 1

This is a rather mean looking Golf. the Golf TCR

The first thing I noticed about that was:-

Perhaps that's a little disingenuous but the similarities are impossible to miss. Same 330hp 2.0-litre turbo

Probably a mistake but could be a slight upgrade before the R400?

- unless it's comparing it with the Seat in the article?

This is one of the better track tests i have see and giving comparisons for cars driven in the same location by the same driver.

Good that they talk about the altitude but no mention of what Octane Fuel they are using, & if it would exceed the UK's 97 Super Unleaded or

99 ron Tesco Momentum / Shell V-Power Nitro+.

(at the end of Vid there is the Launch Control Procedure with the DSG ,

what a palaver it is for the poor results it gives IMO, if you can not stop, press TC off, wait then go, just dont bother showing

Sprint times, they are rather poor in how they are achieved.)

Edited by goneoffSKi

What's the cheapest someone has found a new Golf R for? Specced up a 5 door DSG wit hteh £960 white paint and £90 tinted windows which came to £33,950 and on Carwow got a garage offering it for £29950! Very very tempted.

• Like 1

Just bought a standard white G7R, DSG for £27,995 pre reg with 289 miles on clock, not sure if its a good price but I was happy with the deal! Pick it up in a couple of days.

They are taking my 8 week old Fiesta ST 3 for sensible money too!

Edited by Defenderben
  • Like 1

Just bought a standard white G7R, DSG for £27,995 pre reg with 289 miles on clock, not sure if its a good price but I was happy with the deal! Pick it up in a couple of days.

Crickey

8 week old.

You can blow some cash lol.

Is that from a Franchised VW Dealership? 3 or 5 dr.Pre-reg but delivery mileage normally less than 50 miles .. Is it a 15 plate 3months old.? I would suggest that at 289 miles it's been used as a demo car. 

If it is a genuine franchised car then comparing with VW UK dealership it would look a reasonable price.

Surprised you didn't venture back to a BMW135i as I seem to remember you were very keen on one of those.

That being said, I'm sure you will have a great experience with the R. Enjoy!

PS. I note the dealer in Oldham has a couple of manuals with 50 delivery miles on the clock, in met paint at similar money. http://usedcars.volkswagen.co.uk/Golf-GTI/GTD/R/2.0-TSI-R-300-PS/Oldham/3853633-605119524-760449.aspx?srcmdc=se_na_re_

http://usedcars.volkswagen.co.uk/Golf-GTI/GTD/R/2.0-TSI-R-300-PS/Oldham/3853633-605119524-760449.aspx?srcmdc=se_na_re_

Edited by vrskeith
  • Like 1

Yes full VW main dealer, they registered it last week to go as a demo and it has clocked 289 miles, so not been driven by too many :)

And it comes with a full 3 years service plan and 12 months ved included in the above price.

I was looking into a new Polo gti or trying to arrange a test drive but matey let slip he had just registered a Golf R.

I like that fact there is nothing screaming at you about its capabilities a bit like the 135i, very understated.

It isn't even being advertised up for sale as such.

Yes it was me toying with the 135i but my local BMW dealer wanted to pull my pants down first time on my trade in, so couldn't be bothered going back, you get one chance to treat customers right and leave a lasting impression and they got it wrong.

The VW dealer offered me sensible money where I consider my short ownership a "rental fee" based on my purchase price which was very good and the trade in value.

So all happy so far and decided to stay as local as possible in case of any defects or problems. Also this group have performed exceptionally over the past few years of owning a couple of Skoda's.

Edited by Defenderben
  • Like 1