Coding / Adaptation Help required

To avoid losing time I suggest that you turn off HBA, turn of the car and than turn the car back on.

Report what will happen with HBA, will it be turned on or off.

Thx.

1 hour ago, PetrolDave said:

Read again and you will see he is NOT correct about how my car now behaves - he says "Try turning HBA off when you stop but, before you turn the engine off, I'm pretty sure the car will restart with HBA off" and I said " I changed the settings of HBA with VCDS so that it defaults to on instead of resetting to off every time you turn the ignition off ".

So the VCDS change I made makes what the manwithnoaim said INCORRECT.

Actually, the change which you made stops the HBA from resetting to off (after having been switched on whilst driving) after ignition is turned off.

If you have HBA off when you switch off the ignition, it will not come on when you next start unless activated with a push of the  indicator stalk.

If you leave HBA on when you turn off the ignition, then it will still be on when you next start the car.

43 minutes ago, wg100 said:

Actually, the change which you made stops the HBA from resetting to off (after having been switched on whilst driving) after ignition is turned off.

If you have HBA off when you switch off the ignition, it will not come on when you next start unless activated with a push of the  indicator stalk.

If you leave HBA on when you turn off the ignition, then it will still be on when you next start the car.

I know how my car behaved before and behaves after the change - it seems you have a different opinion.

56 minutes ago, PetrolDave said:

I know how my car behaved before and behaves after the change - it seems you have a different opinion.

Have you done the test?

Because now you are going from a person who was wrong to a person who is just plain stupid and cannot admit it was wrong.

Me off.

That's a pic from my car, 

I see 4 sensors? 

1 rain

1 light

Both are inside a black cycle 

1 light for mirror

1 inside a grill , what ta hell is that for

IMG_20181122_192011.jpg

Edited by Tezaman

• 2 months later...
On 15/10/2017 at 22:56, benjamino said:

The following is for use with OBDEleven, but should be the same as VCDS.

This is the process I followed, from top to bottom in order, and have no errors. I have a DSG & KESSY car, but this should make no difference:

High Beam Assist (for cars with Lane Assist Camera):

Ensure light switch is in the OFF position, wipers not on auto, doors closed and ignition on, before starting - IMPORTANT
1. Select Control unit 09 (Central Electrics)
2. Control unit Long Coding 
3. Byte 02
4. Bit 0-2: "03 Lighting Bi-Xenon with Light Assist"

5. Select Control unit 09 (Central Electrics)
6. Security Access Code: 31347
7. Adaptation
8. Assistance Light Functions-Menuestuerung Fernlichtassistent
9. New Value: Present
10. Assistance Light Functions-Menuestuerung Fernlichtassistent Werkseinstellung
11. New Value: Present
12. Select Control unit A5
13. Security Access Code: 20103
14. Control unit Long Coding 
15. Byte 02
16. Bit 0-7: "01 coding_Light/High_beam_assist"

Optional settings

17. Controller A5

18. Security Access Code: 20103

19. Adaptation

20. High beam assist urban detection area – Switch to No

21. Speed that HBA active set to 20kph

22. Speed that HBA deactivate set to 10kph

23. Change lux code to 10

Finally, go into the vehicle menu on the head unit, go to light settings and select ‘light assist’

Push the left stalk towards the front of the car, it should show the HBA logo at the bottom of the Maxidot.

Well interesting part is this one, why do we need to set this ? I dont see this to in any other guides but this one for OBD11

"10. Assistance Light Functions-Menuestuerung Fernlichtassistent Werkseinstellung "

...if we already have set this ?
"8. Assistance Light Functions-Menuestuerung Fernlichtassistent"

Also is there any "menu" setting for cornering fogs ? like "dynamic conering lights" ?

Edited by fat4l

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi,

My2019 Octavia has 3 “something” font of the mirror. Someone know,what are they? I have LED front light with auto on/off, and auto wiper. I have drill back of the mirror, not a camera.

B141AF20-1D1D-477C-A4DA-64DC4ED129AA.jpeg

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 15/06/2014 at 20:43, xpower said:

To code High Beam Assist (for vehicles with Lane Assist fitted) - All Std mk3 vRS's

Access Module 09 - enter security code 31347

Go to (2) Assistant light functions - Menu light assistant and change to 'PRESENT'

HBAstep609CCM_zps8f440de7.jpg

Access Module A5

Go to Long Coding, change byte 2 Bit 0 to a "1" or use drop down menu to select "Coding_light_assist High_beam_assist"

That's it - HBA Should now work. You know it is activated correctly as you can go into the light settings menu on the vehicle and you will see "light assist" - turn that on.

Now with the headlight switch set to auto push the left stalk toward the front of the car, it should show you the HBA logo at the bottom of the Maxidot display.

OK, we then have some optional extras if you like:

Controller A5 - Enter security code 20103

Adaptations

Speed that HBA will activate, I have set mine to 20kph

HBAstep3_zps746fca0e.jpg

Speed that it will deactivate, U have set mine to 10Kph

HBAStep4_zps0e989f9e.jpg

Then there is this adaptation for urban detection area - I haven't tried this yet but I'm hoping it may allow you to use HBA in a lit area. Around here there are still many streets with the old street lamps that only light up a 1m radius underneath them. Switch to NOT PRESENT (NOT TESTED YET)

HBAStep5_zps4ad1078b.jpg

Enjoy!

ps Anyone who wants to send their £300 skoda optional extra payment to me it will be much appreciated :rofl:

can i change speed of ON and OFF HBA with hba sensor (camera)  in mirror?

• 8 months later...

Hi all,

Sorry to bring up such an old thread but i'm recently in receipt of a Hex V2 interface and I'm making a few changes - namely the HBA.

I am running a 65 Octy Scout without xenons but with lane assist and I note in the guides it says "change Byte 2 to Hex 09". Before I make any adjustments, does this mean to change the binary to 1001?

Sorry if this is such a noob question but I want to be sure before I start messing about with things. Safe to say that the software has had a number of updates since this guide but i'm making my way through it so far (I think!)

Also I run the adaption map before anything else as instructed.

Thanks for you help!

I think I managed to get this to work so thanks for your help! 

one thing I did notice when doing an auto scan was a software fault in one of the modules - i think it’s to do with the infotainment system. I did update the firmware a month or so ago supplied by someone off here so could that be it? 

I can share the scan when I get back to my laptop ...

28 minutes ago, 417original said:

one thing I did notice when doing an auto scan was a software fault in one of the modules - i think it’s to do with the infotainment system. I did update the firmware a month or so ago supplied by someone off here so could that be it? 

That 'fault' is usually just information that after the software update the final step of confirming that a software update has taken place hasn't been correctly performed, it's not actually a fault.

• 4 months later...
On 15/10/2017 at 19:45, xpower said:

For anyone who did this HBA mod and got an error I did the same on @sherr03car and we got the same error - no matter what we did!!! “Fault light assist”

finally I got it to work by doing the following (in this exact order)

Lights in the off position

1) A5 module - code this first

2) exit with a soft reset

3) ignition off - key out

4) ignition on

5) 09 module - coding first

6) then enter security code 31347

7) set the adaptation channel to activate the menu

8) exit with a soft reset

9) ignition off - key out

10) ignition on, go to car menu on infotainment. Switch on light assist

NO ERRORS :-)

@andyvee could add this to the how to section please?

@simonsheil and @AshGSmith try this

thanks

Hello.

I did all with instructions. Except one.

I cannot match "Coding_light_assist High_beam_assist".

I've not it on the list. Hehe the same as skodamart on page 9.

20170131_175437-1-1.jpg

Effect? Still have High beam Assistant Fault.