Superb Order tracker

In the Maual it says something like don't exceed 3/4 of total engine power ( 4000rpm ) for first 1000km's and no full throttle then gradually build up to full throttle over next 500km's.

I know theirs conflicting opinions here but my logic is the people who make the engines ( rightly or wrongly ) know what they are on about.

Thanks Nick. It's easy to stay within the parameters on a diesel.I'm coming from a 1.6d, so the additional torque of a 2.0 is most welcome.

• Like 1

I've had a change of mind from initially ordering my business grey 1.4 TSI ACT SEL hatch in mid September. I've been given a provisional build of week 49 so probably still expecting to take delivery during first half of January which is what I was told at the time of ordering.

So as its clear that 70 something percent of these Superbs will be silver or metallic grey and no one so far here has declared they've ordered magnetic brown metallic, I've gone and changed to this.

Every time I see brown metallic on a car these days, even a Peugeot, I want one. We'll find out in January if I've been a fool not to follow convention....

The brown L&K in the brochure looks a treat but brochure images are photoshopped beyond recognition these days.

Edited by Leeboy
  • Like 1

I've had a change of mind from initially ordering my business grey 1.4 TSI ACT SEL hatch in mid September. I've been given a provisional build of week 49 so probably still expecting to take delivery during first half of January which is what I was told at the time of ordering.

So as its clear that 70 something percent of these Superbs will be silver or metallic grey and no one so far here has declared they've ordered magnetic brown metallic, I've gone and changed to this.

Every time I see brown metallic on a car these days, even a Peugeot, I want one. We'll find out in January if I've been a fool not to follow convention....

The brown L&K in the brochure looks a treat but brochure images are photoshopped beyond recognition these days.

Interesting choice.

If the Petrol Blue was anything like it is in the brochure, I'd have it in a shot, but alas it's no where near.

Not to my liking but the brown does look nice, it's the one of the hatch across both pages IIRC?

• Like 1

Interesting choice.

If the Petrol Blue was anything like it is in the brochure, I'd have it in a shot, but alas it's no where near.

Not to my liking but the brown does look nice, it's the one of the hatch across both pages IIRC?

Yes, that's the one showing the rear 3/4 view.

Dealer has emailed back to confirm order update and says certainly will make a change from the scores (probably a bit of an exaggeration) of orders taken for business grey. And there was one at the launch event which looked smart apparently. Fingers crossed!

:clap:  :clap:  :clap: 

Have changed my order from a SE L TSI220 to a L & K TSI220.

Ordered 12.10.2015

• Petrol Blue
  • Beige Headlining
  • Pegasus (Anthracite) 18"
  • Gearshift Paddles
  • Rear View Camera
  • Rear Wiper
  • Spare Wheel
  • Light Assist

No doubt time will pass very slowly until the early new year date I have been given.

As an afterthought, where do you chaps get your updated delivery info from. Is it your dealer?, or Skoda customer Services?, or somewhere else.

Intend to post updates as I get them

Roll on January

:clap:  :clap:  :clap: 

Have changed my order from a SE L TSI220 to a L & K TSI220.

Ordered 12.10.2015

• Petrol Blue
  • Beige Headlining
  • Pegasus (Anthracite) 18"
  • Gearshift Paddles
  • Rear View Camera
  • Rear Wiper
  • Spare Wheel
  • Light Assist

No doubt time will pass very slowly until the early new year date I have been given.

As an afterthought, where do you chaps get your updated delivery info from. Is it your dealer?, or Skoda customer Services?, or somewhere else.

Intend to post updates as I get them

Roll on January

Skoda UK told me that the dealer should keep the customer updated as part of the contract. However the dealer thought that if it did not change then there is no need to advise which will mean weeks of no comms. After speaking to Skoda UK my dealer now advises me every week even if it does not change.

I ordered my Magnetic Brown Metallic on 4 August (see my post #67 on page 3).

I say defy convention :-) (although my work colleagues are already referring to it as the polished smoky turd.....)

Edited by Kev Hamilton
  • Like 1

I ordered my Magnetic Brown Metallic on 4 August (see my post #67 on page 3).

I say defy convention :-) (although my work colleagues are already referring to it as the polished smoky turd.....)

Does this mean you now have it in your possession? And pics and are you pleased with your choice?

Did you actually see the Petrol Blue in real life?

The reason I ask is that it was my first choice, but it is so different to what it looks like in the brochure. When I saw it I ended up ordering Moon White, my second choice.

No I have not seen the blue in the tin, but am fed up with all the white/silver/grey you see on the road. Wanted something that I can see easily on car parks as I am getting aged.

Hope not to be disappointed but not the end of the world really, the car is the thing and as I am gadget mad I will be enjoying myself.

I think I must be the only person who isn’t overly bothered when the car will arrive, don’t get me wrong I would like it ASAP but I do not feel the need to have constant updates of unconfirmed and then confirmed build dates.... just tell me when it has left the factory!  :D

• Like 4

Pete, were you expecting this or is it ahead or behind initial schedule?

Hi Tesla, it's about right I think based on the original twelve week quote. I was originally given a delivery date of the last week in October but the build week slipped a week after that. Hopefully be driving it within three weeks or so.

I think I must be the only person who isn’t overly bothered when the car will arrive, don’t get me wrong I would like it ASAP but I do not feel the need to have constant updates of unconfirmed and then confirmed build dates.... just tell me when it has left the factory!  :D

I'm with you Gizmo ! Not really bothered about when it arrives ;-)

I can't speak for everyone but it depends on the trustworthiness of the dealer...

Update: Build completed by Monday 5th October, care is en-route to the German port of Emden where it will be checked (could take up to 10 days according to Skoda CS but I hope not!)

New status: IN PORT OF EXIT RELEASED. on its way to Sheerness.

Ordered my L&K Estate 2L TDI 150 PS DSG Auto in Rosso Brunello on 1st July, collected it from the dealer 13th October