VCDS options on Superb III

anyone knows if this works via obd11 or if the script is correct to code

Traffic Sign Assist Activation 
Select Control unit 5F (Information Electrical) 
Adaptation
Select channel (63) vehicle function list BAP traffic_sign_recognition_0x21 
Değer = Active 
Select channel (151) vehicle menu operation-menu_display_road_sign_identification 
Değer = Active 
Select channel (153) vehicle menu operation-menu_display_road_sign_identification_over_threshold_high 
Değer = Active 
Control unit A5 (front / advance camera) 
Security access 
Access Code 20103 
Control unit Long Coding 
Byte 1 
Bit 0 Activate - "01 Traffic Sign Recognition (FTE) active" 
Select Control unit 17 (Dashboard) 
Control unit Long Coding 
Byte 5 
Bit 2 Aktivate 
Control unit A5 (front / advance camera) 
Adaptation
Select: channel numbers indicate end of speed limit. 
Importance to the utilities. Valid suffix 
View Channel. Valid suffix 
Corresponding value adjust default: 00100111 

20 minutes ago, rtj70 said:

If he had the necessary headlight units for SLA he'd already have SLA and not need to enable it :) But since it needs different headlights then he's not going to be able to enable with VCDS. Since he enabled HBA then I conclude he did not order the car with Smart Light Assist.

Agreed, but this question keeps coming up with owners believing they just need coding as they think the black strips (whiskers) are LEDs... they are not.

10 hours ago, Gizmo said:

Agreed, but this question keeps coming up with owners believing they just need coding as they think the black strips (whiskers) are LEDs... they are not.

if only forums had bots that could auto-respond to questions (the same one) that have been asked over, and over, and over........and over.........and over!!!
save u from repeating the same key-strokes (Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V) :) 
crickey!!

maybe have a sticky glossary too - so people can read the definition, and more importantly, the differences between HBA, SLA and DLA!!
lol

11 hours ago, Mustafa3521 said:

anyone knows how to do this ?

I thought the S3 don't have right rear foglights?

Anyway, it's seems painful and confusing having to watch those lights. Sure way to attract road rage :)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ionelmc said:

I thought the S3 don't have right rear foglights?

Anyway, it's seems painful and confusing having to watch those lights. Sure way to attract road rage :)

just enabling the both rear fog lights would be awesome i wonder if its possible

I think it has been discussed before and it wasn't possible (I tried adaptations from the octavia forums with odbeleven anyway, didn't work).

Maybe it works with long coding but who knows what bits you need to flip ...

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, Mustafa3521 said:

just enabling the both rear fog lights would be awesome i wonder if its possible

Nope, no LED’s in the ‘other’ fog light, if you want twin fogs then you will need to buy a LHD light unit (then possibly run extra wires or at least code the car)

Guys, is there anyone who had their drl lights coded to so called audi style drls using vcds prior to getting headlights recall done? Did the software update influence the drl settings?

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/09/2018 at 13:01, Adrian55555 said:

Whats audi style drls? 

You only really notice the difference in your rear view mirror.  They are typically MUCH closer than any other types of DRL :angry:

Hi. I’m due to get a 2.0l DSG Diesel SE Technology next week. 

Has as anyone tried the carista obd2 adapter and app?

It’s £15 on Amazon and with the purchase you get a full month of premium services. They advertise as being capable of changing the VCD options via the app. 

Any successes?

Is there now a definitive list of what can be enabled via VCDS? I know a lot of the original posts relate to the Octavia III, but wondered if any new options had been discovered. 

9 hours ago, MyPug10G said:

Is there now a definitive list of what can be enabled via VCDS? I know a lot of the original posts relate to the Octavia III, but wondered if any new options had been discovered. 

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/380829-superb-mkiii-vcds-adaptations-tried-and-tested/

HI folks,

Just curious what is currently the cheapest way of changing options via the VCDS on the Skoda Superb 3 (66 plate)?

I checked the map but there doesn't really seem to be anyone near me (who is active anyway).

I just want a few things like the speed limit icon etc

Last night managed to get easy entry drivers seat function working (although because of my driving position and height it doesn’t move back all that much!)

Also enabled rain closing which has appeared in the menu but I’ve not tested it yet

And I’ve changed the warm white interior colour to cold white

52 minutes ago, drewellis said:

Also enabled rain closing which has appeared in the menu but I’ve not tested it yet

From what I've read, only the very early models of the Superb mk3 had the Rain light sensor that supports rain closing.

Subsequent models were fitted with a different sensor.

If u do a VCDS scan, u can see which rain light recognition sensor u have.

If it's the "RLHS" version - then the rain closing feature won't work.