VCDS options on Superb III

9 minutes ago, rtj70 said:

It is a big car hence why I wanted not only front sensors (which I think were £390) but thought Park assist with the 4 side sensors would be useful.

I'd dread to think how much they'd be to retrofit

Those sensors are just in the side of the bumpers but give coverage alongside the car. I'm not sure I'd want to pay for the blind-spot/rear traffic alert to be retrofitted. But I got that too on the factory order and it was then only £100 extra for Smart Light Assist.

Hello guys!

I have configured my rear drl to flash along with the turn signals using vcds. Here is video on how they look like. The video description also has coding for doing it. I just modified the coding I found here posted by someone else.

4 hours ago, SC03OTT said:

A mod for the sake of it IMO. 

All new premium cars have led hazard lights. BMW, MB, Audi, Porsche, etc So this mod makes our superb look more like those premium new cars. That is why I like it. And it's ok that you dont, different people = different opinions. To each their own.

4 hours ago, axd1152 said:

All new premium cars have led hazard lights. BMW, MB, Audi, Porsche, etc So this mod makes our superb look more like those premium new cars. That is why I like it. And it's ok that you dont, different people = different opinions. To each their own.

some countries state that the indicators must be orange.

make sure u meet the legal requirements for yours.

i personally don't see why you'd do something like this - but hey, its ur car.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

hi guys,

Do you know if there is an option to change ambient light intensity via obd11?  I know that I can adjust it in option menu, but that's not the point.  I noticed that ambient light bumps up a brightness a bit (actually it's quite a big step) when I open the door, even if it's maxed out already in the settings. Same goes for foot lights, even if they are turned off, they go up beyond the maximum levels possible in the car menu. When I close the door it goes back to "normal" .

I wouldn't mind to bump up the brightness really. Any advice is more than welcome. 

MY 2018  here.

Hello all,

I have a question:

Does anyone know how to enable driver fatigue Alert? If anybody has this feature and a VCDS, I would have some questions or some settings to be verified. :)

Thanks for your assistance! :)

Edited by Bap33

On 02/01/2019 at 17:38, feels_3 said:

hi guys,

Do you know if there is an option to change ambient light intensity via obd11?  I know that I can adjust it in option menu, but that's not the point.  I noticed that ambient light bumps up a brightness a bit (actually it's quite a big step) when I open the door, even if it's maxed out already in the settings. Same goes for foot lights, even if they are turned off, they go up beyond the maximum levels possible in the car menu. When I close the door it goes back to "normal" .

I wouldn't mind to bump up the brightness really. Any advice is more than welcome. 

MY 2018  here.

I’m almost certain that’s possible, just need to wait until a VCDS owner/guru turns up to help with the coding

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone seen any guides on enabling an audible warning for blind spot monitoring, or to “shake the wheel” when trying to change lanes when an obstacle is detected in the blind spot like it does when the active lane guidance is running?

@Enobar Default setting makes the Blink Spot Light blinking if you change lanes while the light is already ON (meaning an obstacle is detected). It seems quite efficient (at least to me), isn't it for you? :speechless: 

5 hours ago, Bap33 said:

@Enobar Default setting makes the Blink Spot Light blinking if you change lanes while the light is already ON (meaning an obstacle is detected). It seems quite efficient (at least to me), isn't it for you? :speechless: 

It’s more about when my partner drives my car actually.  He has a Mazda which beeps and is very used to it, and is less attentive to the flashing light than I am.

Can someone with factory-fitted SLA Headlights, MY17 onwards, please post/provide/share/PM me their Adaptations for "09-Central Electrics" please?

if you have it handy.

or if u know who has one handy.

unfortunately from MY17 onwards, VCDS only shows the coding as zeros.  all the information is only available via the Adaptation Channels.

pre-MY17, they used to have the Long Coding for Address 09, and the Headlights coding were under Address 55.

I've got the codings for the A5 Front Sensor Driver Assists and 4B Multifunction Module.

this is for my SLA retrofit project.  hardware is in.  now coding is required.

18 hours ago, Enobar said:

It’s more about when my partner drives my car actually.  He has a Mazda which beeps and is very used to it, and is less attentive to the flashing light than I am.

Just remind him, autonomous cars are not ready yet :biggrin:. All thse kind of systems are not done for for doing the job for you. It's more a question of "double checking". The drive has to check he can do a safe maneuver, whereas the system is only a backup in case he hasn't seen something... :o

Some vcds adaptations i have done to my MY2018 Superb which i haven’t yet seen here:

Lock car with engine running with KESSY. 

09-Central Elect. 

Adaptation. 

ENG1411651-ENG115754-ZV allgemein-Funk bei klemme 15 ein 
Change from not active to active

Ideal to defrost windows with engine running. 

Activate built in alarm. (My car came without alarm from factory)

09-Central Elect. 
Adaptation

IDE04928-ENG115867-Anti-theft device-Akustischer Alarm Signalhorn
AND
IDE04928-ENG141960-Anti-theft device-Anti-thefr alarm system

You can test the alarm by opening the windows. Lock car from outside. Open the door thru the window from the inside. 

Disable orange led in Drive mode select/DCC button. 

This one annoyed me. The orange button is lit when you select another profile than normal.
This is the solution. 

09-Central Elect. 
Adaptation

IDE06507-ENG140243-Button in center console-Zusatzcodierung Fahrprofiltaster hat keine LED
Change from LED installed to LED not installed

Automatic brake releases with less throttle

03-Brakes
Security access: 11966
Adaptation

IDE05055-Hydraulic brake assistant
Change from normal to early
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Tin82 said:

Some vcds adaptations i have done to my MY2018 Superb which i haven’t yet seen here:

Lock car with engine running with KESSY. 

09-Central Elect. 

Adaptation. 

ENG1411651-ENG115754-ZV allgemein-Funk bei klemme 15 ein 

Ideal to defrost windows with engine running. 

Activate built in alarm. (My car came without alarm from factory)

09-Central Elect. 
Adaptation

IDE04928-ENG115867-Anti-theft device-Akustischer Alarm Signalhorn
AND
IDE04928-ENG141960-Anti-theft device-Anti-thefr alarm system

You can test the alarm by opening the windows. Lock car from outside. Open the door thru the window from the inside. 

Disable orange led in Drive mode select/DCC button. 

This one annoyed me. The orange button is lit when you select another profile than normal.
This is the solution. 

09-Central Elect. 
Adaptation

IDE06507-ENG140243-Button in center console-Zusatzcodierung Fahrprofiltaster hat keine LED
Change from LED installed to LED not installed

Automatic brake releases with less throttle

03-Brakes
Security access: 11966
Adaptation

IDE05055-Hydraulic brake assistant
Change from normal to early

Factory alarm actually works without secondary battery? :O That's interesting!!! 
I paid for the Alarm though. 

P.S.: Thanks for sharing these adaptations are cool! 

Edited by JackySi

Thanks to @Gizmo for today’s VCDS session , really nice guy , explained everything  , well worth the visit

just like to say thanks to all you guys on here who help out , whether it be with coding or just advice , best user forum I have been on (and I have had a few different cars ;)  )

Without you,  ownership  would not be as much fun 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 21/08/2015 at 09:57, BurialConstant said:

It looks like we will be able to enable some good stuff:

1 Video in motion

2 Sign recognition

3 High beam assist

4 Disable stop - start

How did you enable video in motion please

23 minutes ago, SuperbGlos said:

How do you enable high beam assist? Do you need any features installed for this?

You need certain hardware on the car, what is the full spec of the car you have?