VCDS options on Superb III

3 hours ago, fergard said:

WDYM? Lane Assist is still available and working - I just like it's "Assistance" mode more comparing to the "Guidance" mode, which was very intrusive. 

my point was, why having the option and turn it off? The adaptive guidance is working good, the only problem is the detection of driver presence, as mtl has already explained :)

6 hours ago, Jakec said:

my point was, why having the option and turn it off? The adaptive guidance is working good, the only problem is the detection of driver presence, as mtl has already explained :)

This doesn't make any sense... It's like saying "You have new boots, why not wear them? The only problem is that they are not comfortable" 

Yes, I have the option, I don't like how it behaves -> I turn it off.

On 30/06/2020 at 03:42, GCN7 said:

Fergard, are you also able to enable the Traffic sign recognition on a FL Superb?

In 2q0 A5 camera you can get sign assist only using swap activation( Without it you get only events in the control modules

a5_2q0.jpg

On 01/07/2020 at 22:23, GCN7 said:

Has anyone managed to make sign assist  work yet ?  Will it also enable the Predictive cruise control function if the car already has Adaptive cruise control enabled?

No matter type of cruise control in the car (pACC, ACC etc). Important only SWAP for traffic sign assist

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I've changed the setting of the "Auto Hold" today. :

03 Brakes > Security access code = 11966 > 10 - Adaptation

Select channel "IDE05055-Hydraulic brake assistant"

Change the setting from "Normal" to "Early" / Save

It definitely make the car more confortable when making maneuvers to park the car.

This nerving sensation that brake pads are stuck when you change from D to R or from R to D has almost gone. It's now almost smooth. Tested and approved (at least for me 😁).

I've also changed the setting for S&S start limit voltage, from 7,6 to 10V. I didn't want to deactivate it, just to make the system less "pervasive"... I'll let you know if this works. ;) 

Edited by Bap33

My S3 has been in the garage for the last few weeks and I've had a Kamiq for that period. The Kamiq still has the function to adjust CC by 1mph at a time akin to my old S2, whereas the S3 obviously can only adjust by 5mph. Is there a way to change the parameter by how much the cruise can be adjusted within VCDS? I've not had a look as yet but thought i'd put the question out there.

Just now, MarkTB said:

My S3 has been in the garage for the last few weeks and I've had a Kamiq for that period. The Kamiq still has the function to adjust CC by 1mph at a time akin to my old S2, whereas the S3 obviously can only adjust by 5mph. Is there a way to change the parameter by how much the cruise can be adjusted within VCDS? I've not had a look as yet but thought i'd put the question out there.

It’s only when the CC stalk is moved a second time that the speed changes by 5mph multiples.

Just now, john999boy said:

It’s only when the CC stalk is moved a second time that the speed changes by 5mph multiples.

Yes that's right, but the first time it only adjusts to the nearest 5, then multiples of thereafter.

You can adjust the speed with 1mph step with the ACC lever.

Pull towards the lever you to increase the speed demand / press the ‘set’ buttom at the end of the lever to decrease the speed demand.

No VCDS needed. 😉

Edited by Bap33
  • Like 3

29 minutes ago, Bap33 said:

You can adjust the speed with 1mph step with the ACC lever.

Pull towards the lever you to increase the speed demand / press the ‘set’ buttom at the end of the lever to decrease the speed demand.

No VCDS needed. 😉

i'll give that a try, thanks,:thumbup: i was just flicking up/down and frustrated at it jumping in 5's. :blush:

You 'flash' the stalk for 1 mph faster steps, press tip switch to slow by one mph, 'indicate' for 5mph increments - up is faster and down is slower- first to nearest 5, then every 5mph.

On ‎16‎/‎07‎/‎2020 at 14:00, NJRJ said:

You 'flash' the stalk for 1 mph faster steps, press tip switch to slow by one mph, 'indicate' for 5mph increments - up is faster and down is slower- first to nearest 5, then every 5mph.

I had been replying on the graphics on the stalk itself which only show speed being adjusted by flicking up/down with no indication of a 'flash' to adjust in smaller incriments, only resume - should have read the manual!! :notme:

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 15/06/2020 at 14:49, mtl said:

I do not know what electrical system Superb 3.5 uses, but majority of modules have the same options as on MK3, so the coding is basically the same.

The only difference (regarding the coding) is the A5 camera, which is the ''problem'' for assistance coding. But as I said, some assistance can be coded.

And this is written from practical experience, because I have coded a lot of MK3.5 Superbs. No iV yet though.

PS: So does the Golf 7.5 also have different electrical system due to the fact that it had GTE hybrid option already?

I am about to order a mk3.5 superb and not planning to have Travel assist package ordered (trying to fit in a budget). I will have the matrix leds and adaptive cruise control though. I am wondering if the car will have the necessary hardware to activate laneassist, laneassist adaptive, traffic jam assist, emergency assist, ...? any of these can be activated later? Is there any other option that would trigger the addition of the required hardware?

On 13/07/2020 at 21:00, Bap33 said:

[...]

I've also changed the setting for S&S start limit voltage, from 7,6 to 10V. I didn't want to deactivate it, just to make the system less "pervasive"... I'll let you know if this works. ;)

After a 2-day test, this setting is a bit extreme, my S&S was almost full time disabled. Then I test 9.0V for 2 days again, but it was still too high.

I'm currently using a 8,5V setting for about 1 month. The S&S is way less "pervasive". I've almost reached a S&S behavior that suits me. I'm going to grope again around this 8.5V value (may be 8.6V) to get something better. ;)   

Hi Folks, I have Superb 3 FL with Line Assist enabled from the factory. Am I right that I can enable Traffic Jam Assist and Emergency Assist on 2Q camera just via coding, no need to load parameters to the camera via VCP?

Also, I tried to apply coding to enable Eyelashes always on in the headlights, I followed instructions from this topic, but I don't see any lights installed in these adaptations:

Change (8)Leuchte17TFL R BLK ......... C17 to Daytime running lights

Change (10)Leuchte17TFL R BLK ......... CD17 to 100

Change (8)Leuchte16BLK SLB ......... C16 to Daytime running lights

Change (10)Leuchte16BLK SLB......... CD16 to 100

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/368574-vcds-options-on-superb-iii/page/21/?tab=comments#comment-4624260

Does someone enable Eyelashes always on on Superb 3.5 with matrix headlights?

The last question is regarding an ability to enable rear lid close via button in the car. I read on VCP forum that it was possible on some versions of rear lid control module. It was done by loading Passat B8 rear lid parameters to Superb 3. But it was mentioned that it doesn't work for J and L version. Now I see that 3.5 with 5Q0959107S SW. Do you have any success with enabling this functionality on rear lid SW 5Q0959107L or 5Q0959107S?

@standy If your have ACC, the TJA is already enabled and activated, as soon as both ACC and Line Assist are activated. It's not uniquely linked to the camera.

No idea about the eyelashes... Sorry.

13 hours ago, Bap33 said:

@standy If your have ACC, the TJA is already enabled and activated, as soon as both ACC and Line Assist are activated. It's not uniquely linked to the camera.

No idea about the eyelashes... Sorry.

Thank you for the replay, but looks like not on all cars ) At least on the car in Russia that was manufactured in Europe I see only Lane Assist enabled from the factory. Emergency assist and traffic jam assist don't work. Tested today. To enable TJA, I should load camera parameters using VCP. I have found flash files with parameters for 2Q camera installed on this car, waiting response from VCP support team regarding the way how should I flash them to the camera and their confirmation that found by me flash file contains TJA data set.

As for eyelashes it is interesting question, because the way how it is enabled on Superb 3, doesn't work on Superb 3 FL. I have checked all adaptation channel responsible or lights on MQB platform, but was not able to find them. 

2 hours ago, standy said:

As for eyelashes it is interesting question, because the way how it is enabled on Superb 3, doesn't work on Superb 3 FL. I have checked all adaptation channel responsible or lights on MQB platform, but was not able to find them. 

I don't know about the FL, but with the pre-FL, the eyelashes coding only works if u have the Smart Light Assist (SLA) version of headlights.  Part number ends in "B".

The pre-FL came with two Bi-xenon versions:-

1. bi-xenon non-SLA (version A)

2. bi-xenon SLA (version B.) 

Edited by JR RS

5 minutes ago, JR RS said:

I don't know about the FL, but with the pre-FL, the eyelashes coding only works if u have the Smart Light Assist (SLA) version of headlights.  Part number ends in "B".

The pre-FL came with two Bi-xenon versions:-

1. bi-xenon non-SLA (version A)

2. bi-xenon SLA (version B.) 

Yes, I heard about this also. This car has Matrix headlights with SLA. eyelashes works in parking lights, the only question is to find correct adaptation channels responsible for this and enable them with day time lights. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, standy said:

Yes, I heard about this also. This car has Matrix headlights with SLA. eyelashes works in parking lights, the only question is to find correct adaptation channels responsible for this and enable them with day time lights. 

Ah I c I c.

I'm pretty sure that the electrics, and hence coding/adaptations/channels have changed with the FL Superb.

Hence the same coding for the pre-FL won't necessarily align/work for the FL.

Hello, following a load which blocked my seat during 'easy entry', my module 5Q0 959 760 B is out of order (impossible to reprogram the seat even by launching 'norming' via vcds)
After several searches on the net and a visit to the garage, I decided to change the module.
The just plugged in my new module 5Q0 959 760 C. The reprogramming of the seat worked, however, impossible to reactivate the 'easy entry'.
Can anyone help me?

long coding 00 10 00 02 00 00 05 00 01 D2 80 80 80 00 00 00 00 81 81 00 00 00 D4 00

|_> for easy entry

1 hour ago, matisere said:

Hello, following a load which blocked my seat during 'easy entry',

Did they give you a knowing look at the casualty department? 😁

On 30/08/2020 at 14:31, standy said:

No longer possible i think i tryed it myself to and with VCP and VCDS. The Eyelashes are controlled with the module's in the headlights and no longer with the 09 module. There is no channel any more. I think the headlight unit is also canbus now wich wil controled on a differend way then before