VCDS options on Superb III

brsk, d id you get a warning on the dash about high consumption after coding with the voltage method ?

i've never had any problems with the voltage method and i've used it on a few cars.

the memory module that jr rs posted above works a treat, i had to use it on my 2022 superb because stop/start cant be coded on newer cars .

if you have a right hand drive car it takes about 5 mins to fit the module but it takes a bit longer to fit on a left hand drive because the button for stop/start is on the other side of the console and the cable is too short   😂

Edited by 310golfr

• 5 weeks later...

Hello guys,

Did any of you encounter the fact that the front assist option was not visible (it is not possible to check / uncheck the option) on maxidot? 

Other like a lane assist is visible... 

MK3 ver. 10/2015

Thanks a lot

Brgds, Taffy 👋

20 hours ago, Taffy33 said:

Hello guys,

Did any of you encounter the fact that the front assist option was not visible (it is not possible to check / uncheck the option) on maxidot? 

Other like a lane assist is visible... 

MK3 ver. 10/2015

Thanks a lot

Brgds, Taffy 👋

Has your car got a front radar? I assume it does but have you actually checked and do you have any options for it in the infotainment system?

1 hour ago, Taffy33 said:

@ApertureS - yes of course, btw. other assistant like a predictive cruise control, lane assist r installed and working as well. 

Your car must be one in the world to have predictive cruise control ;).

What was coded on this car?

@mtl   thank you for ur comment, but pACC has a new S3 ;)  (its possible to finish it.. no science.. ).

Front assist was not seen before any coding.. 

Edited by Taffy33

So you have pACC on your 2015 car with your factory ACC sensor?

Do you have Front Assist settings under Driver Assistance settings?

Edited by mtl

@mtl   nope, you must change ACC sensor of course.
Yea I have and FA normally working well, but I dont see FA on maxidot (for tick/untick option). 

Edited by Taffy33

1 hour ago, Taffy33 said:

@mtl   nope, you must change ACC sensor of course.
Yea I have and FA normally working well, but I dont see FA on maxidot (for tick/untick option). 

Sounds like a faulty FEC code on the radar as it’s not a standard setup at all.

If the fec for front assist has failed or not valid it won’t be active and won’t show up 

• 3 weeks later...

Hello guys.
I got a couple of things I want to correct and I really don't know how and where to look.
Obdeleven recently got an app update for the Superbs CH/LH lights.
Now the turn signals on the front or/and the back light up when locking and unlocking the car.
I like the look so much I would like this during the day as well, but CH/LH lights only light up, when it's dark enough.
Is there any way to change the parameters?

0-02-05-9108716aa6ffdb96f9add44dddf3c226e8dec33d95de5bfb8fc77a876f491427_4c252ccc23e73e56.thumb.jpg.11b572e1d9fe46d5d982ece6c571f490.jpg

the other thing I want to achieve is this:
(only folding the mirrors with a long press to reduce the wear on the motors)
Any ideas?

Best regards, MR

I don't think both of your request can be easily feasible...

To reduce the wear of the mirror motors, I disable the function in winter to prevent the motor making too much effort because of ice or frost.

Very simple, only a box to untick in "Car" Menu from the Columbus.

On 19/07/2022 at 05:26, mr93 said:

(only folding the mirrors with a long press to reduce the wear on the motors)
Any ideas?

I did the opposite with Carista on my wife's SEAT Ateca so it's definitely possible

I foud a solution for the mirrors:
there is an app in obdeleven. Just select Manual and it works like i wanted to. (don't know what to do in VCDS)
Hope it helps someone.
Screenshot_20220722-061916.thumb.png.8632408d425e0aa962f428f9686fed26.png

Still got nowhere with the CH/LH lights...

Best regards, MR

On 25/07/2022 at 06:35, mr93 said:

I foud a solution for the mirrors:
there is an app in obdeleven. Just select Manual and it works like i wanted to. (don't know what to do in VCDS)
Hope it helps someone.
Screenshot_20220722-061916.thumb.png.8632408d425e0aa962f428f9686fed26.png

Still got nowhere with the CH/LH lights...

Best regards, MR

Thanks for that, what app is it? The long press is a much better system. 

5 hours ago, mr93 said:

@j caff

Go to:

Garage

Skoda superb 

Apps

Auto folding mirrors 

And select manual

Thanks for replying I had never used the apps before but I found a very good guide on the old faithful YouTube, it worked a treat, many thanks. There are other ones there that I might try out, auto lock when you walk away looks very handy. 

@j caff

I forgot the apps require subscription. 

Since I still got it and a few credits I'm using it, although I read the apps are not the best way to modify the car. They apperently change the other things in the system. 

Anyway, kudos to you for long coding the stuff. 

2 hours ago, mr93 said:

@j caff

I forgot the apps require subscription. 

Since I still got it and a few credits I'm using it, although I read the apps are not the best way to modify the car. They apperently change the other things in the system. 

Anyway, kudos to you for long coding the stuff. 

That was my first time using the apps I normally only used the long coding, I'm strictly a colour by numbers long coder, somebody else finds it and I just follow blindly ☺️

Be careful with the Apps as they can do "other" things behind the scenes which can cause unwanted side effects, and make it difficult to fully undo/reverse any changes made by the Apps.

With long-coding, u know exactly wat is done, step by step.

11 hours ago, JR RS said:

With long-coding, u know exactly wat is done, step by step.

If one doesn't forget to save the original code before any mod'!

So many made a mess have been stuck because they didn't take 30s to save the original code. 😜

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Bap33 said:

If one doesn't forget to save the original code before any mod'!

So many made a mess have been stuck because they didn't take 30s to save the original code. 😜

May I introduce you to this folder

C:\Ross-Tech\VCDS\Debug

It creates some lovely CSV files of changes.

AdpLog.CSV

CodingLog.CSV

A get out of jail card for those that forgot to save original coding.

• Thanks 2

Interesting as a ‘last chance ´ solution.

It’s always stressing to make a mod, notice it doesn’t work, and suddenly realize: Gosh, how do I get back to the original coding?!? I didn’t save it! 😱

You feel so lonely and start having cold sweat 😰(especially if it’s a major control unit).

I would feel less stressed having the original code directly available than having to use an external tool.

Just a personal point view.

Prevention is better than cure… 😉

• Like 1

@Bap33 I agree 100%, I picked up a new car just about a month back, and the first thing I did was full scan and save for a baseline.  It helps you with repair history/fault finding etc. if you need to reference back to a fault that keeps occuring.

I am glad this feature exists though, because the number of times people never take a snapshot log and just reach for the coding is amazing.

I wish there was a full-full scan that saves all the adaption channels too, as we often dive into those for changes.

Prevention is better than a cure, but sadly many people find out the hard way, and our posts here if read will help people discover the programs features now 🤝

• Like 1