What did you do to your Skoda today pt2

chrisgreen

leaving it parked up and taking this to the tip rather than dirty my car

IMG-20160513-WA0001_zps2sumamyn.jpg

I wouldve thought a scrappy would give a better deal for taking it off your hands than the tip? :p

• Like 3

I wouldve thought a scrappy would give a better deal for taking it off your hands than the tip? :p

hehe, for a 1 litre eco box, it went ok especially in first or second. Hard life though, brakes were awful and it has only done 30,000 miles

Replaced the innards of a tyre valve after it occurred to me :whew:  that this would be much cheaper than replacing the whole valve or tyre + valve. The tyre's probably got at least another year's life in it.

As luck would have it, one of my neighbours had the little tool and a spare innard.   Ordered myself one now with 25 innards for about £3.50. Bet I'll never need another in my lifetime now. :sun:

Edited by Wino

Drove it 80% of the length of our home island, and parked it down in the lowest deck of the cairnryan ferry. Its still down there.. i hope :S

Bought a better trolley jack and jacked it up. Nice jack that can lift both wheels off the ground at the same time from the front end.

IMG_0338_zpsuqjx7b42.jpg

Took both wheels off that side just to have a better look at the pad wear from yesterday at Bedford. That's all. 

• 2 weeks later...

Sorted the insurance out on the Superb.... Admiral renewal was £435.... Managed to get Hastings Direct with same cover for £325. Nearest Admiral could get was £350-odd.

First time ive had to move insurer for around three years and interestingly i've not been asked for proof of no claims by Hastings..... I take it they confirm this sort of thing themselves online between insurers these days???

Edited by WaveyDavey

Sorted the insurance out on the Superb.... Admiral renewal was £435.... Managed to get Hastings Direct with same cover for £325. Nearest Admiral could get was £350-odd.

First time ive had to move insurer for around three years and interestingly i've not been asked for proof of no claims by Hastings..... I take it they confirm this sort of thing themselves online between insurers these days???

I asked my insurers last time i renewed. 

They said they dont ask for proof until a claim is put in. 

Depends on the insurer/underwriter. I've been asked each time I take out a new policy, as I tend to move each year. Some also ask for a photo showing mileage as well.

Have always thought asking for annual mileage was a bit pointless, if they've no idea where you were upto when the policy started!

Depends on the insurer/underwriter. I've been asked each time I take out a new policy, as I tend to move each year. Some also ask for a photo showing mileage as well.

Have always thought asking for annual mileage was a bit pointless, if they've no idea where you were upto when the policy started!

MOT history ;)

Under 3 years old though and theres not a great lot on it. I quizzed my insurance company a few years back about that. He went abit quiet when i said the cars under 3 years old. Said something along the lines of 'we have our ways' or something to no effect like that :D

Edited by fabiamk2SE
  • Like 1

Swapped it for the C Max so that the AC could be looked at and the annoying vibration from the offside rear. 

Compressor on the AC is on its way out, but is still going, but the rear wheel was because the weights fell off, apparently a hole/gash which is quite scary as I have done a few miles on it. Glad it never gave out  :sweat:  and I can only assume it was on the inside as I had run my hand around the tyre when it first started playing up