OBDeleven

Got mine yesterday, managed to enable rear DRL using credits. What I want to enable is rear fog lights on both sides for when I go to Europe, could someone point me in the right direction of how to enable it.

Got mine yesterday, managed to enable rear DRL using credits. What I want to enable is rear fog lights on both sides for when I go to Europe, could someone point me in the right direction of how to enable it.

Post #2.

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/299424-octavia-iii-vcds-adaptations-tried-and-tested/

You can do those easily yourself without needing credits. Same with the DRLs. Have a read. Do some dry runs and you should be fine.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/15/2016 at 09:05, spinifex said:

I don't NEED it... but it's a "see if it works" thing..... but how did you enable VIM using OBD11?

PM if you don't want to post publically - the link in the "tried and tested" post doesn't actually have instructions.

Nobody?

I don't have enough credits saved at the moment to use the one-click app in OBD11, so I'd like to know how to do long-coding, if anyone has some instructions?

2 hours ago, spinifex said:

Nobody?

I don't have enough credits saved at the moment to use the one-click app in OBD11, so I'd like to know how to do long-coding, if anyone has some instructions?

Follow the instructions for VCDS with your OBD11. the screen looks different but the instructions are exactly the same. you don't need long coding for allot of the changes such as TMC enabling.

11 hours ago, Superb Smartie said:

Follow the instructions for VCDS with your OBD11. the screen looks different but the instructions are exactly the same. you don't need long coding for allot of the changes such as TMC enabling.

That's my point - I can't find any VCDS instructions for this to copy from..... I understand RossTech refuses to provide long-coding for VIM on ethical/illegality grounds, so I haven't found any official instructions for coding in VCDS.

I'm hoping someone has long-coded it themselves and has recorded the steps used.

20 minutes ago, spinifex said:

That's my point - I can't find any VCDS instructions for this to copy from..... I understand RossTech refuses to provide long-coding for VIM on ethical/illegality grounds, so I haven't found any official instructions for coding in VCDS.

I'm hoping someone has long-coded it themselves and has recorded the steps used.

I don't believe that VCDS can able VIM on the MQB platform so you're unlikely to find instructions.

I believe that VCP can do it but it's not via coding/adaptions. It will be done by modifying the software on the headunit directly using the appropriate OCF procedure.

If OBD11 haven't created a similar function you're probably out of luck.

9 minutes ago, langers2k said:

I don't believe that VCDS can able VIM on the MQB platform so you're unlikely to find instructions.

I believe that VCP can do it but it's not via coding/adaptions. It will be done by modifying the software on the headunit directly using the appropriate OCF procedure.

If OBD11 haven't created a similar function you're probably out of luck.

Ahhh... thanks mate.

Yeh OBD11 HAVE got a function to do it, but it's prepackaged and wrapped up in a nice neat one-touch application, which is awesome..... I think I'll just have to wait until I've earned enough bonus credits to use it.

Or you could simply buy the credits if you can afford them. I paid like 15£ for 100 credits. The APP function of OBD11 is so simple its scary. I made it possible to deactivate the ESP by button via the use of the credits. 

Yeh I considered this, but the VIM is just a "maybe I'll use it one day" thing for me, and not a necessity.

I used my credits enabling it for someone who was using an external OBD program for displaying live analogue data monitoring/gauges, and needed it to display on his screen while driving.

It worked perfectly, and I was considering doing it on mine too, but I don't have the other OBD device for it yet, so it's not critical for me.

I'll probably just wait until I've earned enough bonus credits each day by viewing ads.

Can earn 5 per day, so will only take a few weeks to get enough to use the one-touch app.

Got mine yesterday and finally killed the infernal beeping on the power trunk - now it opens and closes from fob and button and doesn't yell about it whilst doing so. That alone was worth the price.

Also managed to get the comfort function on the indicators to flash 5 times instead of 3, but I am now struggling to get teardrop wipe working and resetting the wipers to rest if the ignition is turned off whilst they are active.

Anyone got any troubleshooting tips for those?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Item said:

Got mine yesterday and finally killed the infernal beeping on the power trunk - now it opens and closes from fob and button and doesn't yell about it whilst doing so. That alone was worth the price.

Also managed to get the comfort function on the indicators to flash 5 times instead of 3, but I am now struggling to get teardrop wipe working and resetting the wipers to rest if the ignition is turned off whilst they are active.

Anyone got any troubleshooting tips for those?

From memory i had to reset the lights and wipers after changing the functions then they worked perfectly.

I also thought 5 flashes was a bit long so i set mine to 4. :)

6 hours ago, Superb Smartie said:

From memory i had to reset the lights and wipers after changing the functions then they worked perfectly.

I also thought 5 flashes was a bit long so i set mine to 4. :)

Thanks - oddly the tear drop seems to now be working on the rear...haven't tested the front or the wiper rest part yet!

Cheers

3 hours ago, SC03OTT said:

I gave up trying to code the teardrop wipe and return to park. Didn't understand the VCDS instructions so just left it. 

Is it easy and I'm just making a meal of it? 

It looked to be easy with the OBDEleven, but as it isn't working for me, it isn't as easy as it appears! Not sure about VCDS

Must be another setting or flag I am missing for the return to park...or maybe it only works on intermittent and not "on" which has been the only way I have tested it due to lack of rain!

Edited by Item

Hey guys, I'm thinking off buying the obdeleven for my fabia, I know this isn't a fabia forum but I thought I'll ask for your reviews on this and have a few questions, is this similar to VCDS? As in could I long code stuff on the fabia using a VCDS guide with this app?

Also can I make a back up off the settings before changing anything encase something goes wrong?

Thanks, Leprejohn

Edited by Leprejohn

2 hours ago, Leprejohn said:

.......is this similar to VCDS? As in could I long code stuff on the fabia using a VCDS guide with this app?

In terms of long coding, yes, the OBD dongle makes it very easy and CHEAP to do long coding.

It also has some of the most common modifications people want to perform pre-programmed in as "one-touch apps" which uses the credits system with this device.

in that, you can use credits (either purchased, or earned freely by watching ads each day) to simply use an in-built app that will do the complete programming for a certain function, with the click of one button (eg: high beam assist, or disable stop/start permanently)

If you prefer to do the coding yourself, or don't want to "spend" the credits (or purchase/earn more when they run out), then the instructions are slightly different to those offered by VCDS, but it's relatively easy to find the equivalent setting you need to modify using OBD11.

To be clear, as many people misunderstand the OBD system - you do not NEED to buy credits to use this device.

Any long-coding is free.

Any one-touch apps use credits.... when you purchase the device, you get 11 free credits, and each day you log in and watch ads, you can "earn" 5 more free..... OR you can spend real money to purchase credits outright.

Most of the simple functions that are pre-programmed as one-touch apps, are about 10 credits to use..... the bigger/more-involved functions, such as high beam assist or enabling VIM, require 100 credits.... so it does take a while logging in each day watching ads, to earn the extra credits required to use those apps.

2 hours ago, Leprejohn said:

.........can I make a back up off the settings before changing anything encase something goes wrong......

Not really.  OBD doesn't have a "scan & log" feature like VCDS.  BUT everything you do IS generally logged, so you can always look back and un-do anything you've done, if things go wrong.

But it doesn't do a scan/log of existing settings to backup.

It DOES have a one-touch scan function to scan for fault codes, and it does have live-data display on it's own software, but it doesn't have live data-logging to an external source/software.

There are limitations to what OBD11 can do, and the $400-odd for VCDS cable & software versus $80-odd for the OBD dongle & software reflects this.

Having said that - the price difference alone distinguishes whether it's a good value purchase for you.

If you JUST want to modify a few settings, and read/clear fault codes, then it's worth every penny.

If you're wanting definite data backups and data-logging, then it's probably best to spend more money.

Edited by spinifex
adding more info for clarity
  • Like 2

On 26/02/2017 at 05:49, spinifex said:

In terms of long coding, yes, the OBD dongle makes it very easy and CHEAP to do long coding.

It also has some of the most common modifications people want to perform pre-programmed in as "one-touch apps" which uses the credits system with this device.

in that, you can use credits (either purchased, or earned freely by watching ads each day) to simply use an in-built app that will do the complete programming for a certain function, with the click of one button (eg: high beam assist, or disable stop/start permanently)

If you prefer to do the coding yourself, or don't want to "spend" the credits (or purchase/earn more when they run out), then the instructions are slightly different to those offered by VCDS, but it's relatively easy to find the equivalent setting you need to modify using OBD11.

To be clear, as many people misunderstand the OBD system - you do not NEED to buy credits to use this device.

Any long-coding is free.

Any one-touch apps use credits.... when you purchase the device, you get 11 free credits, and each day you log in and watch ads, you can "earn" 5 more free..... OR you can spend real money to purchase credits outright.

Most of the simple functions that are pre-programmed as one-touch apps, are about 10 credits to use..... the bigger/more-involved functions, such as high beam assist or enabling VIM, require 100 credits.... so it does take a while logging in each day watching ads, to earn the extra credits required to use those apps.

Not really.  OBD doesn't have a "scan & log" feature like VCDS.  BUT everything you do IS generally logged, so you can always look back and un-do anything you've done, if things go wrong.

But it doesn't do a scan/log of existing settings to backup.

It DOES have a one-touch scan function to scan for fault codes, and it does have live-data display on it's own software, but it doesn't have live data-logging to an external source/software.

There are limitations to what OBD11 can do, and the $400-odd for VCDS cable & software versus $80-odd for the OBD dongle & software reflects this.

Having said that - the price difference alone distinguishes whether it's a good value purchase for you.

If you JUST want to modify a few settings, and read/clear fault codes, then it's worth every penny.

If you're wanting definite data backups and data-logging, then it's probably best to spend more money.

Great thank you decided to bite the bullet and buy it so lets hope its worth the money

6 hours ago, SC03OTT said:

For those that have enabled teardrop wipe and wiper park, how do you do it using obdeleven?  I honestly can't find the required settings. Ta. 

Teardrop wipe should be under "Module 9" (core electronics?) and "Rear Wiper" from memory. The section your need is "Traenenwischen"

Mind you, I couldn't get Wiper Park working even though I found the option - there may be other parts to it.

39 minutes ago, Item said:

Teardrop wipe should be under "Module 9" (core electronics?) and "Rear Wiper" from memory. The section your need is "Traenenwischen"

Mind you, I couldn't get Wiper Park working even though I found the option - there may be other parts to it.

Thats not for the front wipers though? Or am I misunderstanding?

1 hour ago, SC03OTT said:

Thats not for the front wipers though? Or am I misunderstanding?

Yeah - one is "rear wiper" and one is "Windscreen wipers" or something similar - they have separate sections. FWIW I couldn't get teardrop working on front either - only rear!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Item said:

Yeah - one is "rear wiper" and one is "Windscreen wipers" or something similar - they have separate sections. FWIW I couldn't get teardrop working on front either - only rear!

Thats great, thanks for the help. Will give it a go anyway. Here's hoping. 

On 07/03/2017 at 21:31, Item said:

Thought I'd update you. I got teardrop wiper working. To do it go to 

-  09 Central Electrics

-  Subsystems (third from top)

-  WWS371 (top one)

-  Follow coding instructions in the VCDS stick at the top of the forum. 

Do a reset of the wipers and mirrors in the car infotainment then it should be all good. It won't teardrop wipe if you're not moving so go for a drive and test. Mine now works using the above. 

If yoy have done some adaptations in the Rear Wiper or Windshield Wiper adaptation menu, undo them. They're not required. 

3 hours ago, SC03OTT said:

Thought I'd update you. I got teardrop wiper working. To do it go to 

-  09 Central Electrics

-  Subsystems (third from top)

-  WWS371 (top one)

-  Follow coding instructions in the VCDS stick at the top of the forum. 

Do a reset of the wipers and mirrors in the car infotainment then it should be all good. It won't teardrop wipe if you're not moving so go for a drive and test. Mine now works using the above. 

If yoy have done some adaptations in the Rear Wiper or Windshield Wiper adaptation menu, undo them. They're not required. 

Ah great! Something for me to check over the weekend then...interesting I still managed to get the rears working with my guesses!

Did you get the wiper park working?