OBDeleven

4 hours ago, Jaco2k said:

For rain closing you need a specific module to be installed - don't ask me which, but these instructions are not valid for all cars.

Do you mean a physical module in the car, other than the rain sensor?

Thanks/Linus

Just now, Riolux said:

Do you mean a physical module in the car, other than the rain sensor?

Thanks/Linus

I mean a specific HW part number - it seems the one that supports the rain close is not on all cars.

Search the site, since this has been discussed before.

7 minutes ago, Jaco2k said:

I mean a specific HW part number - it seems the one that supports the rain close is not on all cars.

Search the site, since this has been discussed before.

Thanks.

I found this:

I might give it a try.

/RL

On 17/04/2017 at 21:44, Riolux said:

Thanks.

I found this:

I might give it a try.

/RL

Rain closing doesn't work on MY15 because the rain sensor was changed (tried, had some light troubles after that), should work with previous models, I don't know about MY16 and after though...

On 06/04/2017 at 19:47, ExSEAT said:

Hi gents, thanks so much for the information. Ive been out to have a look now and see what my codes look like.

@Boundy123 I see from your first picture you have turned on the high bean assist adaptation, then done the long coding. The OBD elevn page below asks for a second adaptation, which roughly translates as 'menu control light beam assistance factory setting' is this what is being turned on using the coding do you think?

High Beam Assist Activation
Seelct Control unit 09 (Central Electrics)
Control unit Long Coding 
Byte 09
Bit 0-2 : "03 Lighting BiXenon With Light Assist Seçin"
Select Control unit 09 (Central Electrics)
Security access > Access Code : 31347
Adaptation
(2) Assistance Light Functions-Menuestuerung Femlichtassistent
New Value:Present
(6) Assistance Light Functions-Menuestuerung Femlichtassistent Werkseinstellung
New Value:Present
Select Control unit A5
Security access > Access Code : 20103
Control unit Long Coding 
Byte 02
Bit 0-7: "01 coding_Light_assist_high_beam_assist"

bit 0-7? do I find byte 2 bit 7 and check the box?

@ahennersIm not getting on well with this! The descriptions of the coding dont make a lot of sense yet, the two versions arent helping. Looks like Boundy done it the VCDS way (one adaptation plus the code), the obd version above is different. Im still struggling with the concept of changing the bits, I just need to know if Im checking the box or doing something in hex. The OBD11 programme also has the bold bit in the adaptations in text and can be selected.  With all those options I dont know which one to go for!

Sorry mate, forgot about this. 

These are the instructions I followed 

09- Central Electronics adaptations: [2] Assistance Light Functions- Menuesteuring Fernlichts- Change from Not Present to Present

09- Central Electronics coding: Byte 2/Bit 0 change to 1. (Byte should change from 0A to 0B (MT), or 1A to 1B (Automatic))

A5- Frnt Assist/Driver Assist coding: Change Byte 2 to 01 (High Beam Assist Present)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I noticed my car throws some errors during drive which most are gone next time I turn on the car (although sometimes some errors still remain) and I do not clear them, however when I visit the dealer (and not just one), they say they do not see any errors, how come? I realize they have their own diagnostics, but how come they dont see what obdeleven sees?

It's actually very common that a running car will throw errors.

Clear all errors and run diagnostics when the engine is off, that's how your dealer does it.

You mean with the ignition key active.

I am pretty sure I had errors in such case but the dealer still didnt see them. And obd doesnt store data (as far as I know) so this couldnt be from before.

I see trouble codes that are common on some cars, but everything works ok. So SOME trouble codes can be neglected.

• 1 month later...

A question i cant find an answer to:

i use my Obdeleven very successfully and happily on my VRS, i have a friend who would like a few tweaks on his SEAT. can i just use my dongle in his car?

28 minutes ago, johnrowley said:

A question i cant find an answer to:

i use my Obdeleven very successfully and happily on my VRS, i have a friend who would like a few tweaks on his SEAT. can i just use my dongle in his car?

Yeah there's no limit as far as I'm aware. I've done a colleague's Leon and another VRS on here.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

I have just purchased the OBDeleven dongle.

My main interest is the live data, I want to keep an eye on my DPF and EGR values. 

Although I have the Euro6 engine, I am still keen to see how these components are operating in relation to my typical usage.

Especially after the recent hullabaloo over Euro5 engines and EGR failures.

I have discovered that the max soot mass allowed in the DPF is 80g.

I drove the car yesterday for a 50 mile journey in both directions.

Current soot levels started at about 10g, dropped to less than 6 in the 60mph bits and then returned to the 10g level at the end.

i would like to be able to save this data, is there any way to do that?

Secondly, is there a way of saving the selected parameters in the LIve data screen. Its more than a bit of a pain having to create the list for each journey...

Had a wee play with some adaptions on my 2017 FL vRS this morning.   Enabled/changed the following using the VCDS sticky as a guide.

• Enabled both rear fogs - for this you'll need to use the 2015MY instructions and also define the lamp type as an additional step. 
  • Fan speed in auto - the same
  • Comfort indicator to 4 flashes - the same
  • Rear lights as DRL (with no dash lights) - the same
  • Front tear drop wipe - the same (as an additional note, the wiper park function is now enabled from factory

Thats all I've changed as it's all I wanted to do. I don't have the technical knowledge to go and find out what could be changed in addition to what the VCDS sticky provides. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SC03OTT said:

Had a wee play with some adaptions on my 2017 FL vRS this morning.   Enabled/changed the following using the VCDS sticky as a guide.

• Enabled both rear fogs - for this you'll need to use the 2015MY instructions and also define the lamp type as an additional step. 
  • Front tear drop wipe - the same (as an additional note, the wiper park function is now enabled from factory

Thats all I've changed as it's all I wanted to do. I don't have the technical knowledge to go and find out what could be changed in addition to what the VCDS sticky provides. 

hi

Would you please share how to  "Enabled both rear fogs" ?

I have a Fl Vrs,too.

10 hours ago, SC03OTT said:

Did you ever get the wiper park working in your old car? Still haven't got it sussed in my MY2016!

14 hours ago, Item said:

Did you ever get the wiper park working in your old car? Still haven't got it sussed in my MY2016!

Yes, I did get it working. It was a 2014 vRS. When you say got it sussed, do you mean can't work out the coding or its coded but just not working? 

17 hours ago, ebwmcs said:

hi

I have a Fl Vrs,too.

Edited by toni8b

9 hours ago, SC03OTT said:

Yes, I did get it working. It was a 2014 vRS. When you say got it sussed, do you mean can't work out the coding or its coded but just not working? 

The first one!

:)

• 4 weeks later...
On 01/08/2017 at 20:57, Item said:

The first one!

:)

Hi. Sorry this took ages for me to reply. Here is the steps you need to take. (Hopefully the images upload in the correct order haha). 

1.  Click on 09 Central Electrics

2.  Click Subsystems

3.  Click WWS371...

4.  Click Long Coding

5.  Scroll along to Byte 1 and untick Bit 4. 

6.  Click green tick to confirm. 

That should be you. 

Screenshot_2017-08-24-09-39-25.png

Screenshot_2017-08-24-09-39-32.png

Screenshot_2017-08-24-09-39-36.png

Screenshot_2017-08-24-09-39-41.png

Screenshot_2017-08-24-09-39-55.png

• Thanks 1

On 31/07/2017 at 18:57, ebwmcs said:

hi

I have a Fl Vrs,too.

Hey. As above, apologies for the delay. Here are the steps required. 

1.  Click Central Electrics

2.  Click adaptations. 

3.  Scroll to Leuchte26NSL LA72

4.  Change values marked in red

5. Green tick to confirm

Run through my instructions alongside the VCDS sticky just to be sure I've not made an error. But that should be you. 

Screenshot_2017-08-24-09-36-38.png

Screenshot_2017-08-24-09-37-03.png

Screenshot_2017-08-24-09-38-47.png

Screenshot_2017-08-24-09-39-01.png

• Love it! 1