OBDeleven

21 hours ago, R22JGB said:

SC03OTT, interested in how you coded your fogs to come on with main beam? Is it an OBD11 app? I bought my OBD11 a couple of years ago.

I sold my Scout last year & now run a Leon FR, I could really fancy having the fogs to come on with main beam, it would help at night on country roads.  Currently I switch the fogs on manually, which does mean they stay on with dipped beam.

Sorry. Not ignoring you. Slammed at work just now. I’ll make a note to look out the coding when I get a spare few mins. 

16 hours ago, Janno1 said:

How in depth can the OBD11 go?Getting a 245 next month and wish to change some things.

Changing the diff settings is on the list. Can that be done by OBD11?

Yes

I've done this with my 245 and OBD11. Im at work (another 6 days) at the moment and dont have access to the instructions followed. From memory there are 3 different settings

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Matt05 said:

Yes

I've done this with my 245 and OBD11. Im at work (another 6 days) at the moment and dont have access to the instructions followed. From memory there are 3 different settings

Oh excellent. I was going to purchase a rosstech cable but I think OBD11 will do.

7 hours ago, Janno1 said:

Oh excellent. I was going to purchase a rosstech cable but I think OBD11 will do.

Just be careful as even some of the older VCDS interfaces will not read some of the controllers and need the latest (HEX-V2 / HEX-NET) interfaces, so I imagine cheaper dongles will be the same?? 

With the option to purchase ''cheaper'' genuine VCDS HEX2 limited to 3 VIN nr. I would no way go near obdeleven...

A question: did any of you had any problem with obdeleven, when it completelly ''broke'' the codings and adaptations of some modules?

14 minutes ago, mtl said:

With the option to purchase ''cheaper'' genuine VCDS HEX2 limited to 3 VIN nr. I would no way go near obdeleven...

A question: did any of you had any problem with obdeleven, when it completelly ''broke'' the codings and adaptations of some modules?

Nope. No problems here. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Just be careful as even some of the older VCDS interfaces will not read some of the controllers and need the latest (HEX-V2 / HEX-NET) interfaces, so I imagine cheaper dongles will be the same?? 

I was looking on rosstech website at which would be required. 

1 hour ago, Gizmo said:

Gendan is just one of the UK official distributors

The HEX-V2 will do everything you need, have a read of this thread  (especially my last post) for all you need to know.

Interesting read. Answers everything one wishes to know.

I may look to see who is close to me and handy with vcds and pay them a visit. 

6 hours ago, fergiet said:

Took 2 weeks from ordering to arrival from the official site.

Mine took about a week. 

Changed a few things,mostly with the apps. but did the HBA speed activate/deactivate in the adaptions and both rear foglights and cornering fog lights. Wouldn't mind going for the high intensity rear brake light where when you really stamp on the brakes (emergency stop) the hazards light up as well. It says it's not supported though.

I was thinking about  having the hazzard flash on heavy  braking  thing. But having read up what people who have that feature say about it i dont think i want it anymore. I prefer  the option of breaking hard and not lighting up like christmas tree to point out to everyone i may have been driving a little faster a moment ago than i am now.  ;)

https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?t=584851

19 hours ago, maul said:

I was thinking about  having the hazzard flash on heavy  braking  thing. But having read up what people who have that feature say about it i dont think i want it anymore. I prefer  the option of breaking hard and not lighting up like christmas tree to point out to everyone i may have been driving a little faster a moment ago than i am now.  ;)

https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?t=584851

You do not have such problems with Skoda ;). You really have to kick the brakes to get hazzards turned on automatically.

3 hours ago, mtl said:

You do not have such problems with Skoda ;). You really have to kick the brakes to get hazzards turned on automatically.

In that case I may try it. I could always turn it off again if it's a problem thanks for the info 

On 14/02/2018 at 11:16, R22JGB said:

SC03OTT, interested in how you coded your fogs to come on with main beam? Is it an OBD11 app? I bought my OBD11 a couple of years ago.

I sold my Scout last year & now run a Leon FR, I could really fancy having the fogs to come on with main beam, it would help at night on country roads.  Currently I switch the fogs on manually, which does mean they stay on with dipped beam.

Coding is in the link provided. It’s for the FL Octavia, so proceed with caution. It’s all in German so you’ll need to translate (you can’t copy/paste either).  I used Google Translate and it was more than ideal to understand what was going on. 

Anyway. Link and navigation directions below:

5E Octavia FL - Sonstige - Nebelscheinwerfer zusätzlich zum Fernlicht

https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?resid=3AE6945C79E4C9E!17729&app=OneNote&authkey=!AMn8y885S2R-6Xg

12 hours ago, SC03OTT said:

Coding is in the link provided. It’s for the FL Octavia, so proceed with caution. It’s all in German so you’ll need to translate (you can’t copy/paste either).  I used Google Translate and it was more than ideal to understand what was going on. 

Anyway. Link and navigation directions below:

5E Octavia FL - Sonstige - Nebelscheinwerfer zusätzlich zum Fernlicht

https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?resid=3AE6945C79E4C9E!17729&app=OneNote&authkey=!AMn8y885S2R-6Xg

Thanks for the link - have you managed to get cornering fogs for the FL vRS working - I don't seem to have the necessary "statisches kurvenlicht" bit in Adaptations in module 09 - or anything else with licht in that might be a suitable candidate.  The lower section worked fine as I found the other parameter to work out left from right!

On 18/02/2018 at 10:35, Edz_VRS said:

Thanks for the link - have you managed to get cornering fogs for the FL vRS working - I don't seem to have the necessary "statisches kurvenlicht" bit in Adaptations in module 09 - or anything else with licht in that might be a suitable candidate.  The lower section worked fine as I found the other parameter to work out left from right!

Checked this evening and this seems to have worked by just altering the 4 sets of values. 

• 2 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, hatchy said:

Turned the TSR back off on mine,the restricted bong everytime I drive the car does my chuffing nut in.

I don’t get a bong? Just a message on the maxidot saying it’s currently restricted. 

• 2 weeks later...

Can someone help a newbie? First time doing all this :)

I'm trying to do this:

But I'm lost at step 2 of this:

1. Go to [09] Central Electronics

2. STG access permissions -> Function 16

3. Enter access code 31347

4. Go to adaptation channels (Function 10)

5. Select channel 1 - Select "Number of operations front windsceen wiper washer per SRA activation" (in German - Frontscheib

6. Adjust value to preference (no of times you can operate the windscreen washer stalk before the headlight washer activate).

7. Select channel 3, and adjust the activate time for folding the switch to enable headlight washers in the first place.

Is it long coding or adaptation? This current app version brings up a list of things in adaptation, not function numbers.

Also, does the engine have to be running the whole time? It seems to require ignition-on key position if I'm not mistaken.