Top Gear Starts Sunday BBC2, 20.00hrs

Awful, Evans just constantly shouts in a high pitched voice. No content whatsoever and at the end of the show I knew my time had been taken up watching it, but for the life of me I can't pick out one useful or interesting bit.

• Like 2

Did BBC 1 or 2 run trailers for BBC 3 Online and Extra Gear?

What an odd set up of crap for anyone to watch even if they do not pay the TV Licence Fee.

Eskimos have many words for snow, how many words are there in the UK for sh!te?

If that was a brand new programme it would probably be pulled before the end of the series, it's going to live because of what it was. It was just a desperate attempt to copy the last top gear, they missed an opertunity to give us something new and refreshing.

• Like 2

That was utter rubbish. I'll be honest, I used to fast forward some of the old top gear like the laps of the track with the super cars (not fussed about super cars) I liked the challenges of the old TG. This new show though, I'd fast forward the whole show. I won't be watching any more episodes.

• Like 2

If that was a brand new programme it would probably be pulled before the end of the series, it's going to live because of what it was. It was just a desperate attempt to copy the last top gear, they missed an opertunity to give us something new and refreshing.

It was pish mostly because they just did 99% of the old show.

I said the first series would be crap.

Thought LeBlanc was actually much better in front of the camera than Evans. Evans was terrified I think. Too loud by far.

Should have done much more with the other presenters, should have ditched the Stig, should have ditched the celebrities.

I've no idea of the background or behind the scenes, maybe Evans was told to keep it the same.

There was a little glimmer when Evans started to criticise the gearbox in the Viper, it was a wee hint of what the car was really like. Should have had more of that.

Maybe they'll get a bit braver soon or next series. They should have made it their own and they haven't.

I've not watched the BBC3 extra show, that might be worth an eye since it might have been free from rules imposed on the main show.

Edited by Aspman

None of it flowed...10 minutes or so of watching LeBlanc on the back of a recovery truck. What was the point in that? Then they rushed through the actual challenges right at the end of the show. 

The old Top Gear was getting a bit lame, but the new version has killed it completely. 

The BBC have to sell this around world........Good luck with that. :think:

Shouting Evans, was echoing round the Shed,  Matt was very monotone.

It should have been completely different.  The challenge was one of the naffest ideas executed.

Weakest part of old Top Gear was siarpc

Nice to see it change but suffers from the same problem it had before - the guests

They fall into 2 camps,people who've already been on and people I've never heard of

Sales of Amazon Fire sticks will go through the roof tomorrow!

The new Top Gear is getting savaged in the media 'flop gear' according to the Mirror. There's an online poll in the Guardian and that's showing 85% prefer the Old TG. Shame I'm in Denmark for the next few days I like to hear what Evans says on his radio show.

• Like 1

Whole thing was utter garbage. Shame. They should have tried something new really!

Edit: To be fair I quite liked the bit with the MINI lol, need those seats in mine ;-)

Edited by Furbytom

Unfortunately I can only echo what everyone else has said. Chris was just shouty, made bad jokes and seemed afraid to critisize the Viper. It was like he thought he was doing a pantomime.

Reliant section was pointless and not sure what the 'challenge' was there. And just seemed to be no chemistry what so ever with the presenters. Media keeps reporting falls out between Matt and Chris while filming. Matt also didn't seem quite as bad as Chris, a bit stiff but maybe with practise as the series goes on, he'll get better.

Would have liked to have seen more of the other presenters and will watch extra gear as you guys all seem to say it was quite good.

Pretty disappointed in all really. They either had to stick to the same format but make it better (the old one was getting silly but still would have been quite hard to do this) or try out a completely new format and make it their own. Shame they did neither.

• Like 1

Oh and I forgot to say - they were making a big thing of the Viper and how the big wing and other aerodynamic tweaks give it this downforce which make it handle better. 

So let's test that by strapping lots of military-looking hardware onto it which I'm guessing will totally alter the aerodynamic airflow, and seeing how it handles...

I really wasn't too impressed after watching tonight. As mentioned above, the Opportunity to make it their own was completely missed. I know that was probably dictated by the BBC but any chance they had of maintaining a half reasonable viewership for this new format was dependant on bringing some level of innovation to it. Really didn't like LeBlanc, between the ego and the total lack of fit for the show he was unbearable. I actually think Evans works quite well although the over-excitement needs to be toned down a bit. Would be better on his own IMO, with a few strong guests and some more decent content.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats an hour of my life I won't get back. Utter dribble, never was a fan of Chris Evans and now firmly confirmed I never will be. As others have said, this was a real opportunity to reboot the programme but they have failed at every turn. Even SIARPC failed, the change in format was good but the guests pathetic. Jessie Eissen (sp) did he even appear to want to be there and Gordon Ramsey was just his normal bloated self (but I also have a distinct loathing of Ferrari so owning a La Ferrari is never going to impress me).

Extra Gear, much better but would appear to be a work in progress, perhaps more like the programme should be but unfortunately unless you are that way inclined you are never going to know the people involved. Chris Harris is a top bloke for his driving skills, and used to do a pretty good column in the EVO mag (he also owned one of the earlier Porsche 911 GT3 4.0 RS at the right time) before he went off to do more internet TV. 

May now have to by into Amazon just to see what the other trio can come up with, but hopefully better than the rubbish that our licence fee is now paying for.

Evans was, well, Evans. Matt was better than Evans, the nomad bit was the best bit. All the segments had to have gimmicks which mostly were pointless. Most of it was like the worst bits of Old Top Gear.

I'll give them a couple of more episodes before I write it off. (it just has to improve. Doesn't it?)

I'll give them a couple of more episodes before I write it off. (it just has to improve. Doesn't it?)

I think that's what it really needs. I suspect the Amazon show will be better out the gate, after all Clarkson et al pretty much took the whole production team with them, so it's just business as usual but with a bigger budget.

Maybe there is a plan to start the show off like the old one then change it gradually, but them maybe the plan was to change nothing bar the presenters.

No idea why they've bothered keeping the Stig when they have Sabine. I suspect that has more to do with sales of "Stig" shower gel and backpacks for kids than anything else.

Things i noticed:

- Evans hardly talked when driving, mostly video voice overs

- Celebrities - why 2? what was the connection between them? did they just double book? it seems very poorly organised. Also they got a good driver who owned a La Ferrari thus i guess has track experience vs a guy that doesnt even drive. The whole thing was verging on bullying, i really thought this was crap TV. 

- Evens script and style was just trying to be Clarkson, but his annoying monotone squealing voice is just irritating.

This show is like wearing a pair of Nicks, When you wanted Nikes.

• Like 3