What annoyed you today?

Aspman

@skomaz  Not PFI Hospitals.   PFI Car Parks at Hospitals.

Glasgow and Ninewells where we still paid until 2021.  

Ninewells had a £35 Million multistory car park built by an Italian Company. 

So the contract eventually were bought out because they were raking in the money. 

Same as the Bridges where the tolls ended. 

'Taking back control'.             

But then the SNP mess up trains, trams, ferries, NHS, courts, policing, education,  etc etc.  But there are Car Parks, overflowing and people parking in areas all around. 

Screenshot 2024-04-17 17.51.35.png

Edited by Rooted
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Rooted said:

@skomaz  Not PFI Hospitals.   PFI Car Parks at Hospitals.

Glasgow and Ninewells where we still paid until 2021.  

Ninewells had a £35 Million multistory car park built by an Italian Company. 

So the contract eventually were bought out because they were raking in the money. 

Same as the Bridges where the tolls ended. 

'Taking back control'.             

But then the SNP mess up trains, trams, ferries, NHS, courts, policing, education,  etc etc.  But there are Car Parks, overflowing and people parking in areas all around. 

Screenshot 2024-04-17 17.51.35.png

Ah... Apologies I misread that and thought it was PFI of the whole hospital site...   I wasn't aware some in Scotland had just PFI car parks. 

Realising that the new tyres for the Yeti that I will be struggling to fit are actually larger than those on my tractor, not the fronts but the much larger rear wheels.

Tractor 7 x 16

Yeti 215/60/16

Chelsea tractors would be double the size :sad:

4 hours ago, robt100 said:

Going away for a short break tonight, had the day off today to get ready for it. Last night the Mrs asked what I was doing tomorrow, seems my reply of "washing and cleaning out the car and loading it up for the break" didn't trigger this morning, as she took the car rather than the van to work! :blink:🤐
Plus side: No jobs to do and a day off
Negatives: Car is a mess, and when she gets home in 30mins it'll be chucking it down (rain just started, forecasted to continue past 9pm), and she will probably ask why I haven't done the 20 or so tasked she had in her head she never told me about:sadsmile:

Time to trade one or other in. 😁

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Stonekeeper said:

Madness

Edited: Don't know why it appeared twice the first time i posted

It seems then that this is the design used in other places, maybe everywhere. That is precisely what they have done on some roads in my city as well.

That's a standard recommended design so that segregated cycle lanes are continuous past bus stops and cyclists don't have to stopwhen people are getting on and off the bus, which would happen if the cycle lane went I front of the stop. Segregated lanes being deemed preferable and safer for cyclists. 

Stupid design regardless and whichever way round... 

• Love it! 2

7 minutes ago, skomaz said:

That's a standard recommended design so that segregated cycle lanes are continuous past bus stops and cyclists don't have to stopwhen people are getting on and off the bus, which would happen if the cycle lane went I front of the stop. Segregated lanes being deemed preferable and safer for cyclists. 

Stupid design regardless and whichever way round... 

That is therefore an accident just waiting to happen, especially if you have dumb cyclists like we have. We have 1 road in particular with a segregated cycle lane each side of the road and dedicated traffic lights for cyclists, the lanes are one-way only with painted arrows on the road. Cyclists ignore them and treat each lane as a 2 way system and along the road there are pedestrian crossings, light controlled so cyclists going the wrong way do not have any lights so that means that people crossing the roads as well bus passengers are at even greater risk, and blind people even have a higher risk on top. Utter madness.

After yet another cranial collision this morning, I looked up the average height of a UK male adult. It's 5'10".

Why then is the standard UK shed door height 5'6"?

I am 6'2"

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Gammyleg said:

You have rubbish shed makers in Kent? They use standard door frames in the West of Scotland, so ~2.m high.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gammyleg said:

After yet another cranial collision this morning, I looked up the average height of a UK male adult. It's 5'10".

I am 6'2"

I feel your pain - literally! I'm 6'4" and the shed door is less than 6'.

Guess what I just did...

🙄

41 minutes ago, SteveTheElder said:

I feel your pain - literally! I'm 6'4" and the shed door is less than 6'.

Guess what I just did...

🙄

Don't worry we all shrink as we get older🤣

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Gammyleg said:

I don't know if this has real basis or is just apocryphal but I was told by a local (Lancashire) shedmaker that the shortened shed height was so they wouldn't stand out too much above neighbourhood fencelines (officially 2m max).  It sounded credible but could be a 'local opinion' only.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Stonekeeper said:

Not a supporter of either Club.

But this spoiled a good game of football today.

Major decision decided by pixels

Screenshot2024-04-21at18-53-48Embarrassing-Search_X.png.0769c6b4dfc1d05eaa0dc13c099de811.png

Quite agree, a good game spoiled by a bootlace width. VAR has replaced common sense now, a man sitting in a studio hundreds of miles away, no emotional attachment to any game, making these decisions. And then when it comes down to the penalties the United keeper moving early doesn’t get picked up 🤔 Perhaps it was because the kicker blasted it over rather than it being saved, I don’t know. Regardless, United didn’t deserve their win.

Edited by BTandSid

2 hours ago, Stonekeeper said:

It puts players with bigger feet to a disadvantage, their legs have to be further back than the defenders?

That’s why I never played football 😉

oh dear, how sad, never mind

Another said: “Absolutely disgusted at the behaviour of Co-op Live. Received four free tickets for the testing event tonight only to be told an hour before it goes live that they have cancelled my tickets. Disgraceful behaviour.”

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/whats-on/whats-on-news/inside-what-went-wrong-before-29034484

With that said my GF & I have 2 paid tickets to go & see Peter Kay there tomorrow night so crossing fingers all gets sorted.

4 hours ago, Winston_Woof said:

oh dear, how sad, never mind

Another said: “Absolutely disgusted at the behaviour of Co-op Live. Received four free tickets for the testing event tonight only to be told an hour before it goes live that they have cancelled my tickets. Disgraceful behaviour.”

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/whats-on/whats-on-news/inside-what-went-wrong-before-29034484

With that said my GF & I have 2 paid tickets to go & see Peter Kay there tomorrow night so crossing fingers all gets sorted.

My brother bought tickets last year for PK at London O2 for himself and his partner; believe the shows in June next year 😂

4 minutes ago, BTandSid said:

My brother bought tickets last year for PK at London O2 for himself and his partner; believe the shows in June next year 😂

nothing like planning ahead ;o)

Bin men. 

Just seen them spill loads of paper & cardboard outside our house. Half hearted attempt to clear some of it up & left the rest. :angry: