What annoyed you today?

Aspman

16 hours ago, nige8021 said:

British gas customer (or lack of) service.

My smart meter keeps flagging up that it has lost pairing with the main unit and if this continues to contact customer service, so I phoned them, after a 40 min wait to be connected, gave my customer number etc and the operator couldn't even pronounce my name correctly, however I explained what was happening and she said she would go and check up about the fault, came back to me after 5 mins " I have Googled the problem" and you need to ensure the batteries are good, (it's plugged into a mains adapter, so she said she would check something else, "Google says" try moving the unit closer to the main unit, by this time I was beginning to loose my patience, I told her like her I had Googled the problem before phoning and had followed all the google recommendations and it still was happening and I was hoping that I would get some expert advice from customer services, so she went off again to check something and came back that the main unit was still sending data to them so the system was OK and as I had the smart meter since two zero one seven it was out of warranty and I would need to purchase a new one !! she wouldn't accept that it was their equipment and as such they were liable for it, she just kept repeating, you must buy a replacement, at that point I just said I'm going to end this call before I say something that i shouldn't, and ended the call,

I've filed a complaint with BG via email so I'll wait and see what they come up with     

I've been trying for over 4 months to get BG to enable the smart gas meter that the builders installed, but I've had to resort to second level BG complaints again (originally the meter didn't even exist according to BG). Oh and on top of that they hadn't billed me for 4 months for my electricity despite them showing daily electricity smart meter readings on their website and phone app.

Yesterday I had 2 letters from them - one to say we're looking into your complaint, and one to say we want to make it better - those letters one MONTH after my complant despite them saying they would respond to complaints within a week.

BG seem to be even more incompetent than usual at the moment.

• Sad 3

Out of 19 blood test results I should have just received, the one I was most interested in was the Ferritin (iron) number as I'd been turned away from a blood donor session recently for failing the iron test narrowly.

Guess which result wasn't there in the 18 I received?

Time for a new provider, I think.

Edited by Breezy_Pete
  • Like 2
  • Groan 2

Annoyed with myself today..

Have just spent an hour and a half fitting a new door seal to our washing machine via the keyhole surgery method...  I've doing it all via the 2 inch gap between the drum and the front panel so it was an absolute bugger to do and getting the drum seal retaining spring back on was a nightmare.

Anyhow I just checked online and realised that the front panel is only held on with a few screws and comes off easily to give full access to it all.

So feeling a bit of an idiot for not checking first 😠

Edited by skomaz
  • Like 1
  • Love it! 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, DieselMonte said:

Sunday drivers

That is all.

weve been down to beach this morning, 30miles away, on typical R roads... 

watched 3 near accidents unfold caused by impatience meeting dawdling as a result of other slow moving vehicles...

muppets and w&ankers everywhere, inc, unusually,  a older lad on a motorbike who nearly gave himself a headon collision with a passat (only because the driver deployed anchors and was nearly rear-ended as a result) by deciding the worst spot on the road was ideal for a double overtake having not bothered using any of the dozen previous perfect overtake opportunities.

dipsh1t.

Edited by mac11irl

On 17/09/2022 at 21:53, @Lee said:

I do find it annoying that people who've gone to 'pay their respects' are selling their wristbands on eBay for four figure sums. 

Seems eBay has heard you:

eBay bans sale of Queen lying-in-state wristbands

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-62946359

Edited by MikeTheThinker
  • Like 1
  • Love it! 1
  • Thanks 1

The number of emails I get from businesses self-promoting their Net Zero initiatives. Nothing but Greenwashing.

Net Zero is only a minimal step. It does not make things better, merely a small step to try to not make things worse.

So, when they start sending out stuff that will actually reduce carbon etc emissions I'll start paying attention. Meanwhile, I'll do my bit to actually CUT my emissions.

My car got pretty dirty on the way up to Norfolk and back.   Filthy in fact, and it still is 🙁

I don't want to touch it before a good jet wash and snowfoaming.  We still have a hosepipe ban,  but I can drive 400 yards up to the local fuel station, spend several pounds (I'm quite slow) and use more water with their timed jet wash machine.  Seems neither cost, nor water, effective to me.  Quite frustrating.

Gaz

• Like 1

I prefer to respect a blanket ban on the use of domestic hoses.  We get them regularly, quite probably every year now.  I presume it's about reducing the demand on water supply.

What gets me is not the hand car wash places - no problem with them at all as they've staff and a business to run.  But it's the unmanned box  with a hose coming out of it that I object to paying to use (but am allowed to), when I've got a perfectly good pressure washer of my own that I can use (but am not allowed to), and do a better job, with less effort and less water used.  It just seems a bit nonsensical to me.

The decision's been brought forward anyway by an unwell seagull, so I'm going to have to wash it off.  I can still get the car wet and use a pump up garden sprayer to snow foam it, then use a watering can and buckets.  It's just not the best, or my preferred option.

Gaz

Trying to enjoy my Fresh Morrisons Meat feast pizza yesterday..................

Disappointed to find only about five pieces of pepperoni along with bits of what I can only describe as small chunks of Winalot ...........

I think there was probably about the same percentage of meat(?) on that pizza as there is in a tin of Winalot, certainly not much more, Lol.

Very disappointing.

• Like 1

Had an absolute f***wit in a Range Rover try to take a swipe at my car after running the red light at a junction as I'm going through at green.

Bit that made me grin was her face when I let the air horns rip.

• Like 2
  • Love it! 1

I had one of those the other day. I was on my bike and some bloke went to pull out of a side road on me. He'd got his windows up but still did an emergency stop and pulled a face when I shouted "Wait!" followed by "F***ing m**g" at him. His missus thought it was hilarious. 

My bike has a horn, but I don't normally feel the need to use it.

Edited by StevesTruck
  • Like 1

I'll put this in this topic as it will get more attention and it did rather annoy me at the time.

The annoyance is stupidity and the attention is not for me, rather for safety of all our beloved doggies.

As I was exiting the small courtyard of my workplace the other day on foot ......... Check the 10th pic down in this link

https://www.google.com/maps/uv?pb=!1s0x4879c3969e629e4f%3A0xafe3731a8824cfee!3m1!7e115!4shttps%3A%2F%2Flh5.googleusercontent.com%2Fp%2FAF1QipOdMo7WdAcphLJCF7vVKdWaH4JNwH69juy0e-IK%3Dw240-h160-k-no!5scastle gate haus - Google Search!15sCgIgAQ&imagekey=!1e10!2sAF1QipNcGcIwfTRW6cAT6RjBl2CO4tXMd4RSBCKcVHK5&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjqlsbA0rT6AhWPbcAKHQg2Dz8Qoip6BAh7EAM

......... the gates were closed and you walk through a gate within the full height gates, I realised a bloke had just made his young dog stop at the curved part of the pavement obviously intending on trying to train the animal about crossing the road.

Thing was, he wasn't even crossing the road, just the gated entrance to a property, still on the same side of the road.

So that this doesn't go on and on I will make my point. And please also note, there was no traffic at all on the street at the time.

I think it is MUCH more important to train your dog to react to TRAFFIC MOVEMENT rather than just training them to sit at the edge of any random pavement, so training them to use their eyes and especially ears to react to any danger on the road.

Therefore, training them to sit when they hear traffic and only moving on when the NOISE has gone well past.

Genuinely, otherwise I think the dog will not associate the sitting at the pavement with the danger of traffic movement, which would be the logical and common sense thing to do IMO.

I thought what the guy did was bonkers.

Edited by Tilt

What appears to be a slow puncture on the Swift...   I can't find anything in the tyre but it's losing about 3psi a day.

At least it's not one of the new ones I had fitted a month or so ago...

48 minutes ago, Tilt said:

I thought what the guy did was bonkers.

Not if he were training a Guide Dog.

Although they would likely be wearing a hi-viz harness.

He was probably just reinforcing teaching the dog to stop and sit on command, you and I cannot know or assume what was his intention.

4 hours ago, Gaz said:

The Polo's in for an MOT & service today.  VW 'strongly advise'.... 'urgent' work required as the rear brake pads are down to '... 4mm, and 80% worn'.  Comment made about the discs being 'scored', but when I last looked at them (last week due to a puncture) there was nothing untoward and just expected wear.  £320 quoted for discs and pads, and £974 to replace the thermostat housing, which has some 'residue', but is '..not actively leaking..' - we've not had to top up the coolant at all in five years of ownership, and this is the third year that residue (same amount) has been an advisory 🙄

I'll keep an eye on the discs and pads and change them myself.  So far as I'm aware the minimum is 1.5mm pad depth, and a recommend to change at anything under 3mm.  That 1mm might take over a year (4k miles since last MOT) to get to and the car brakes very well, so I don't see the urgency.

Gaz

They (Dacia) put an advisory on my Mum's car at the service because both front tyres were at 6mm... I fail to see how that's worthy of an advisory, but sure. :D

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, J.R. said:

you and I cannot know or assume what was his intention.

Yes I can ......... I spoke to him and his missus ............  She was even laughing at him for doing it.

And it definitely wasn't a guide dog either.

I won't comment any further on people making assumptions. :shake:

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, skomaz said:

What appears to be a slow puncture on the Swift...   I can't find anything in the tyre but it's losing about 3psi a day.

At least it's not one of the new ones I had fitted a month or so ago...

Inflation eh !!!

Not good for most things but good for tyres, Lol .............

• Haha 3