Sasha’s Octavia vRS

12 hours ago, fat4l said:

I tried to use these(but from ebay) and when the engine is running, and when I open any doors, the boot is flashing like it was opening and closing really fast..... hmmmm. Dont you experience such thing ? (2016 vRS TDi)

Was just about to order these myself when I saw your message. Thanks!

Folks, has anyone else tried these and faced similar issues as @fat4l

• Like 1

23 hours ago, fat4l said:

I tried to use these(but from ebay) and when the engine is running, and when I open any doors, the boot is flashing like it was opening and closing really fast..... hmmmm. Dont you experience such thing ? (2016 vRS TDi)

I haven’t had this but I see others have, unplug them, go back to standard and then try them again is all I can suggest.

20 hours ago, Trust2k said:

Hi Sasha, great work :-)

Have you the menu for instrument cluster in your 9,2" Columbus?

That is why you must change to 3Q0 Gateway.

1FFD1DF1-6C6B-44BD-BBE9-FA71407F6D9B.jpeg

Aha!!! That’s why the Gateway needs doing! Brill, thanks for letting me know. I have a Gateway ready to go so I’ll look into getting that sorted. Thanks for helping me complete the final piece in the puzzle. 

10 hours ago, Grc said:

As above, some people have and some people haven’t. Going back to standard and then trying again can fix it.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Grc said:

these arrived this morning;

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2x-LED-Car-Door-Courtesy-Laser-Logo-Projector-Light-Footwell-Luggage-Lamp-For-AUDI-VW-SKODA/32757915053.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.402b4c4dskYpvo

just fitted them, tried engine on/off doors open etc. all works as they should :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cakemonster said:

just fitted them, tried engine on/off doors open etc. all works as they should :)

1 hour ago, SashaGrace said:

As above, some people have and some people haven’t. Going back to standard and then trying again can fix it.

2 hours ago, fat4l said:

just to clarify, I bought these from ebay but they look the same so I guess they are the same ?

Thanks for the response folks. Just ordered these from Aliexpress from the link in Sasha's original post.

• Like 1

On 03/01/2019 at 14:10, Badlammy said:

Sharing a tweak I found under Auto HVAC. This made the air conditioning cooler.

Funnily, the Skodas sold in Singapore feels stuffy and it only feels normal after I have coded byte 12 to 10 by selecting cold temperature for hot countries (like Singapore).

20181209_083348-3024x2268.jpg

Hi.
How many of you have tried this ? I mean..is it really noticeable ? Will it influence the fuel consumption by a lot ? Any feedback ?
Also, anyone tried this with OBD11 ? I beleive the settings will look differently(no description) and I dont want to mess it up.

BTW, I tried the "sound mod" and it didnt really work for my car. I used OBD11, change it all accordingly. The pressed and hold that power button the the sat nav, when it came back on, I had those options there, but could not select it. 1 was available to be selected but when I clicked on it, it didnt select. The other was was greyed out(intended afaik). I also had no sound at that point at all. I couldnt change any dials like ....bass, treble etc. It was doing nothing. That scared me af. When I wanted to change it back to stop, OBD said "failed..or error" dont remember. I was like OMGGGGGGG, Im dead .. :D I closed OBD app, did all again and at that point it allowed me to change it back to stop and now my sound in the car is working again. 
Im not really sure whats up with that but ....it scared me a bit tbh. 

PS. I use COLUMBUS sat nav.

I also want to thank Sasha and others for keeping this thread active :)

Edited by fat4l
  • Like 1

Some MIB2 Columbus radio's aren't liking the Skoda Surround coding. My 3V0 hw hacked to 565 and running 1163 sw has it and is running it fine. There are a few reports of 3V0 MIB2's not taking the change though. I haven't tried the HVAC adaptation because I find it acceptable on my car. Maybe you can try and report back?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SashaGrace said:

Some MIB2 Columbus radio's aren't liking the Skoda Surround coding. My 3V0 hw hacked to 565 and running 1163 sw has it and is running it fine. There are a few reports of 3V0 MIB2's not taking the change though. I haven't tried the HVAC adaptation because I find it acceptable on my car. Maybe you can try and report back?

I will have a look :)

Also, in the OBD11, you have those "apps" rite. I still have some spare credits so I wanted to have a look at traffic sign reck, and .... its says its not supported, lol ? It says I need to have multifuntion camera, which I believe I have. Its vRS 2016 TDi, it has rain sensor, light sensor, lane support and I also activated high beam support no problem. So I guess I have the camera right ? Anyway, I guess I will have to do the manual coding for TSR...or any ideas ?

Cheers!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SashaGrace said:

I would always advise long coding, don't bother with the apps, you don't know what changes are being made. Always long code, make backups of each controller so you have something to go back to if it doesn't work.

This ^^^

There are far too many reports of the apps screwing the coding up, it’s not worth the risk.

• Like 2

On 14/12/2018 at 22:42, SashaGrace said:

I always hated the boot lights on this car and putting LED’s in the original holders wasn’t doing it for me so I invested in £6.50’s worth of China’s finest LED panel boot lights and they are great! Don’t be fooled by the wiring loom, just unplug that and plug the OEM loom into the other socket then reinstall into the boot panel. Lovely :)

9314140A-C887-4A73-9213-5FB3D24FDD55.thumb.jpeg.dfd42e7366ed02b5d6e67ea09e9f3f4c.jpeg

5D3910A6-0686-404E-B831-8CD300FCCCA3.thumb.jpeg.655dc3467c4a46bb21c1fe5a361cbf16.jpeg

2E6B84FB-9086-4E85-A8FF-F6193645CC2B.thumb.jpeg.e37ab51389258de97b08a1b35ba41922.jpeg

Link https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/ceXaT9rj

I followed your advice and ordered a set of these and they are fantastic now toying with the idea of getting some to replace the footwell lights I have at the moment as they are led but very dim even when turned up to 100% on the infotainment unit. What I need to find is some original plugs the same as the ones in the boot

• Like 1

On 02/01/2019 at 13:17, SashaGrace said:

@Cakemonster Glad you are happy :) Go for some more tweaks, they are really easy to do. I recently set my rear taillights to come on when the tailgate is open as an extra light/safety measure. You can do so much with OBDEleven :D

Do you have the coding for this please?

• Like 1

09 Central Electronics 

16 Security Access - Enter 31347

10 Adaptations 

(5)-Leuchte21BR RC8 - Lichtfunktion B21 change from ‘nicht aktiv’ to ‘Heckdecken offen’ 

then for the other side

(5)-Leuchte20BR LA71 - Lichtfunktion B20 change from ‘nicht aktiv’ to ‘Heckdecken offen’ 

When you open the boot the LED brake lights come on. Nice safety feature :)

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the quick response you are a star. Just ordered a NTSC camera and boot handle just trying to find the fitting guide for when it arrives and trying to find a good set of led number plate bulbs

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bigtow said:

Thanks for the quick response you are a star. Just ordered a NTSC camera and boot handle just trying to find the fitting guide for when it arrives and trying to find a good set of led number plate bulbs

No worries, I didn't do much of a fitting guide as my Dad was in charge on that fit due to me having a broken thumb so I was just being told off for being in the way! Trust2K's thread has better instructions but it's quite easy when it's all in front of you. CAN HI/LO video feed into the blue quad lock pin 6 (HI) and pin 12 (LO), run the cable to the boot along the factory wiring under the door sill trims, up by the rear seat, up the C pillar (to do this 'right' you really need to remove the rear seat base and move the airbag with one 10mm nut and a clip on the left side (RHD) and then route the wiring through the conduit to the boot and down to behind the boot panel. On the rear wiper plug splice the camera power positive to pin 4 of the wiper plug (purple) and the camera negative to pin 1 (brown) or ground and you are done. Code 5F Byte 19 Bit 4 :) 

1 hour ago, 59p said:

@SashaGrace did you have to do any coding when adding the LEDs? I'm wanting to replace boot LEDs in my mkII VRS, the others have already been done by the previous owner. 

Interior lights are not CANBUS monitored so no need for coding.

• Like 2

Parts gathering has begun for the next upgrade and this time it's a performance upgrade! Kind of. As ever, I'm just making the car heavier lol. I already have the 340mm front brakes but the system is very forward biased thanks to the weedy 272mm rear brakes so I've procured some of eBay's finest Audi S3 8P 310mm rear callipers and a set of nice new shiny Brembo vented discs while ECP have a sale on (bit like the DFS sales there but I'm not complaining!) so I've just got to get some pads, which I'm still deliberating over so all suggestions are welcome. I also need to order 245 rear brake shields from TPS tomorrow to make this install complete, also ordered new clips, hoses and other hardware. As well as all that they'll fill the 19 inch wheels a bit better at the back haha. Need all the help I can get as it'll be having its first track outing at Donnington in the summer.

Loving the screen and the lengths you gone to to get this done, can't wait to get my new vrs In april/may with vc. I se you have some paddle extensions, are they the stick ons or have you replaced them? 

• Like 1

On 09/12/2018 at 17:02, SashaGrace said:

Forgot to post a picture of the video wiring loom...

C7AFA412-DE94-4F37-AF4A-EC04FC519C29.thumb.jpeg.5473208310fc1a10ef0c3f67642867b8.jpeg

Hi Sasha, I've tried your link in the post before this one, I can't get it to work. Can you please point me in the right direction to find some of these, I've ordered a camera for my estate, just need to order the connectors to plug it in the back of the unit.

Thanks in advance:thumbup:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stonker said:

Hi Sasha, I've tried your link in the post before this one, I can't get it to work. Can you please point me in the right direction to find some of these, I've ordered a camera for my estate, just need to order the connectors to plug it in the back of the unit.

Thanks in advance:thumbup:

You want these: 20AWG crimp socket

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1